Gravy's Cooking Thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been eating home made salsa straight up lately. Spooning it in my face like soup.

Is something wrong with me?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Some facebook people were talking crock pot recipes and someone mentioned a recipe that involved throwing bacon into the crock pot.

Just raw bacon. Soon to be boiled bacon.

I just ... I can't ... Alton Brown is pissed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok wife got me a Sousvide supreme for Christmas. Should I keep this or get an annova? I definitely want something I can do a whole chicken in, he'll maybe a Turkey one day. Will use sous vide for mainly steaks, fish, and chicken. Guide me sous vide experts!
Yea like many have said, return it and get the
Amazon.com: Anova Culinary Bluetooth Precision Cooker, Black: Kitchen Dining

why? cuz the sousvide supreme will take take up even more countertop, unless you want to put it away and take it out everytime, it gets annoying, with the anova you can practically just use any pot or use these, that anova ppl love
Amazon.com: Cambro 12189CW135 4.75 Gallon Polycarbonate Food Storage Camwear Box: Lidded Home Storage Bins: Kitchen Dining

and again you can just use the easy ziplock pump brand
Amazon.com: Ziploc Vacuum Starter Kit, 3-Quart Bags, 1-Pump: Health Personal Care

any foodsaver
Amazon.com: foodsaver: Home Kitchen

or like said b4, use displacement

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some facebook people were talking crock pot recipes and someone mentioned a recipe that involved throwing bacon into the crock pot.

Just raw bacon. Soon to be boiled bacon.

I just ... I can't ... Alton Brown is pissed.
My wife made this weird potatoe recipe in the crock pot for new years with red onions, bacon, potatoes, cheese, and green onions and sour cream as a topper. It somehow works and the bacon was decent.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pinterest should apologize for what it has done to cooking. It's the "social connectivity" of facebook plus the epicurean genius of the back of a bag of preshredded cheese.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
If it's preshredded, doesn't that mean it's still just a block of cheese?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Actually pre shredded cheese has anti caking stuff in it. That's why you don't shred a block of cheese and store it in a Ziploc. While I do buy shredded cheese for the convenience you can get vastly better block cheese to shred yourself for frankly much better flavors. I would do this with Tilamook sharp or extra sharp cheddars. I also find pre shredded cheese to be rather bland.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea like many have said, return it and get the
Amazon.com: Anova Culinary Bluetooth Precision Cooker, Black: Kitchen Dining

why? cuz the sousvide supreme will take take up even more countertop, unless you want to put it away and take it out everytime, it gets annoying, with the anova you can practically just use any pot or use these, that anova ppl love
Amazon.com: Cambro 12189CW135 4.75 Gallon Polycarbonate Food Storage Camwear Box: Lidded Home Storage Bins: Kitchen Dining

and again you can just use the easy ziplock pump brand
Amazon.com: Ziploc Vacuum Starter Kit, 3-Quart Bags, 1-Pump: Health Personal Care

any foodsaver
Amazon.com: foodsaver: Home Kitchen

or like said b4, use displacement
kit orederd. Got the wifi one.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anybody used a carbon steel frying pan? My Mom got one for Christmas and it's pretty cool. You treat it just like cast iron but it's a lot lighter. Obviously not as good for searing steaks, but for things like sauteeing vegetables or anything else where you would like to toss it it's a lot lighter than the cast pan. I have a carbon steel wok that I like but never knew you could get it in frying pan form.

Amazon.com: Lodge CRS12 Carbon Steel Skillet, Seasoned and Ready to Use, 12-inch: Lodge Steel Pan: Kitchen Dining

rrr_img_122180.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There is less metal to hold heat so it cools down faster when you put the steak in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure where else to ask this. Is there a preferred method for cleaning inside a grill underneath the grates? I'm getting a ton of flare ups and noticed there's a ton of build up on the inside. Any products I should look at?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Not sure where else to ask this. Is there a preferred method for cleaning inside a grill underneath the grates? I'm getting a ton of flare ups and noticed there's a ton of build up on the inside. Any products I should look at?
Take the grates out, lay them in the yard and put that heavy duty oven cleaner crap on them and let it sit for a day. Hose them off the next day and 95% of the crap should come off.