Gravy's Cooking Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry, I meant underneath the grills. The grease is supposed to drip into a trap, but there's a ton of buildup on the inside of my grill. Should I just use heavy duty oven cleaner inside as well?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Oven cleaner definitely works best unless you want to get in there with a steel brush and scrub for hours

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Yea like many have said, return it and get the
Amazon.com: Anova Culinary Bluetooth Precision Cooker, Black: Kitchen Dining

why? cuz the sousvide supreme will take take up even more countertop, unless you want to put it away and take it out everytime, it gets annoying, with the anova you can practically just use any pot or use these, that anova ppl love
Amazon.com: Cambro 12189CW135 4.75 Gallon Polycarbonate Food Storage Camwear Box: Lidded Home Storage Bins: Kitchen Dining

and again you can just use the easy ziplock pump brand
Amazon.com: Ziploc Vacuum Starter Kit, 3-Quart Bags, 1-Pump: Health Personal Care

any foodsaver
Amazon.com: foodsaver: Home Kitchen

or like said b4, use displacement
Thank you sir. I already initiated the return process for the Sous Vide supreme and will be getting the cambro shortly. I appreciate your time in the reply.

I already own two food savers ( been using them to save money on meat since 2000!). People thought I was weird when I asked for one in college.

Can't wait till I get it in!

Kinner

I would do this with Tilamook sharp or extra sharp cheddars. I also find pre shredded cheese to be rather bland.
<--- This. I freaking love me some Tilamook cheddar or colby jack freshly shredded. I mix it with some freshly shredded Oaxaca or Queso Quesadilla and make a killer quesadilla with it.

Kinner

Anybody used a carbon steel frying pan? My Mom got one for Christmas and it's pretty cool. You treat it just like cast iron but it's a lot lighter. Obviously not as good for searing steaks, but for things like sauteeing vegetables or anything else where you would like to toss it it's a lot lighter than the cast pan. I have a carbon steel wok that I like but never knew you could get it in frying pan form.

Amazon.com: Lodge CRS12 Carbon Steel Skillet, Seasoned and Ready to Use, 12-inch: Lodge Steel Pan: Kitchen Dining

rrr_img_122180.jpg
Get you a 100+ year old cast iron pan. Those things are the bomb!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Worst case scenario, the powerwasher blows a whole through your fancy lad grill that your wife picked out, and you can get a new one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh I picked it out, she just didn't let me get the weber i really wanted

actually for a kenmore it's been a surprisingly awesome grill

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
<--- This. I freaking love me some Tilamook cheddar or colby jack freshly shredded. I mix it with some freshly shredded Oaxaca or Queso Quesadilla and make a killer quesadilla with it.
Tilamook extra sharp cheddar shredded = best cheese on the planet.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, really hard to find Tilamook in the midwest but it's out there. Does Trader Joe's carry it? I know I've seen it somewhere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have a Walmart and two shitty United's. Its about a 2 hour drive to another super market.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Get you a 100+ year old cast iron pan. Those things are the bomb!
So the reason older cast iron pans are nicer is that the metal used to be sanded smooth after molding. This results in a much more consistent cooking surface. Good news is you can do this to any modern cast iron pan, just remove the cure, sand it yourself, and cure it. All the benefits of 100+ year old pans, no need to hunt yard sales to find one.

Kinner

Yeah, really hard to find Tilamook in the midwest but it's out there. Does Trader Joe's carry it? I know I've seen it somewhere.
I buy mine in large quantities at Sams Club! Whole Foods carries it as well. If you complain to your Grocery stores enough, they will special order it for you.