Gravy's Cooking Thread

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wife doesn't like the extra sharp so we have to stick with the regular....
How sharp is extra sharp? I'll take sharp as it can get, but at a certain point, prevalence of protein crystals is more annoying than getting a sharper cheese. It's the same reason I don't get Dubliner cheese that often. It's like better cheddar, but whatever process they use seems to guarantee protein crystals.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tilamook must be a regional thing. Even our middle of the road grocery store carries it. Don't have to go to some high end place to find it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seriously? I've never tried Tilamook, never seen it around here, but claiming Cracker Barrel is some bastion of high end quality is ridiculous.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Walmarts here carries Tillamook, you sure yours dont?
I have never really shopped at Walmarts before moving here but this one is terrible. I will never shop at another once I move probably.

I will talk to the grocery manager Kinner thanks.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I eat the no name cheese before I eat Cracker Barrel.

Internet touch guy here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Tillamook is available in all the grocery stores around here including Walmart.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just found pork shoulder on sale for $0.99/lb... grabbed a 17lb package. Think I'm gonna try sous vide with it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Didn't someone have a dope ass cornbread recipe on here I could make with my new cast iron shits?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've made this several times and it's 10x better than normal cornbread.

Corn Casserole Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

I also occasionally add jalapenos to mine if I'm pairing it with spicy food(like chili), or even do finely diced onions, bell pepper + jalapeno to turn it into mexican cornbread

Don't see why it wouldn't also work in a cast iron skillet

You do need a fork to eat it, it isn't as firm as just plain cornbread, its more of a cornbread/cheesy corn hybrid.

You can also swap out the 1 cup sour cream with 1 egg instead, for a firmer/dryer concoction that looks more like traditional cornbread. The sour cream makes it creamier/less cake-like

Alternately if you just want some awesome regular cornbread, just 1 box jiffy cornbread mix and 1 box jiffy white cake mix. Add all ingredients that both boxes call for, and bake. Super fluffy, awesome cornbread.