Gravy's Cooking Thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sous vide medium rare Prime New York Strip with cauliflower puree, topped with a Heirloom tomato, garlic, rosemary, onion compote and roasted broccoli! What you peeps have today.

rrr_img_134864.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How's the cauliflower puree taste? Sounds good.

I had leftovers. #MURRICA
One of my favorite things. Roast it with garlic and salt and puree it with mexican table cream and some smoked gouda. Its like a whipped potatoes but creamier and more flavor.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im glad that people are starting to finally realize that the processed shit they have been shoving down our throats for the better part of three decades because fat=bad=heart attacks now is finally being questioned. Fresh, meat, fish, natural oils, even animal fats, and all that are the way to go.

My kids are having a hard time with it too. They still want their processed snacks, sugary shit. Its hard because they are your kids, but I have to put my foot down on this shit. I don't buy it anymore and you know what they do? They sneak dry noodles from my cabinet. I caught them many times snacking on a fucking box of dry pasta.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im glad that people are starting to finally realize that the processed shit they have been shoving down our throats for the better part of three decades because fat=bad=heart attacks now is finally being questioned. Fresh, meat, fish, natural oils, even animal fats, and all that are the way to go.

My kids are having a hard time with it too. They still want their processed snacks, sugary shit. Its hard because they are your kids, but I have to put my foot down on this shit. I don't buy it anymore and you know what they do? They sneak dry noodles from my cabinet. I caught them many times snacking on a fucking box of dry pasta.
I've been on lean meats and vegs for 2 months now, of course memorial day weekend (and events) you let yourself go cuz you don't want to be a debbie downer or a horrible vegetarian. Holy shit the last meal i ate after i left Virginia was from a place called the sugar shack, this one donut had so much sugar in it, i practically broke my jaw chewing it down.

I wanted to say no, but my wife said we should just have 1 donut each, cuz we couldn't have brunch w/ friends (their kid had a fever so we wanted to stay in). But man, the drive back up, i was crashing (as in health, not driving) hard, did help that it was i95 w/ bumper to bumper traffic either.

The Master

Bronze Squire

Kids are just hungry all the time. Keep good snacks around and it isn't so bad. I spend like 3-4 hours on Sundays doing prep for the week and, by request, I've started making up a couple pounds of the ginger almonds for our neighbor who has two kids. Nuts are really filling, they have a bit of sugar so the kids like them, and they just physically can't eat to many of them.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Home made granola bars are a favourite around here. Make a huge pan on the weekend, snack all week. Nuts and honey, some decent calories.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Love making homemade fruit roll ups with the dehydrator for snacks. Also coconut icecream and smoothies on demand with the vitamix.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i substituted rice w/ the roasted cauliflower, did it in a stone bowl too, for bimbimbap. obviously there's a difference, but hey it could be worse, it's 10x better than a white man trying to eat some weird ass tofurkey shit.