Greatest Guitar Solo

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Love that Hotel California video. Felder and Walsh were excellent together. Also....great Eagles documentary on Netflix for those interested.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Love the violin bow in Led Zeppelin.

Here was some decent coping of that done right around the 3:15 mark (crap Youtube recording):

BIG HAIR DAYS!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Start at about 4:00

Have always loved this solo. Isn't particularly fast, or overly technical, but the raw emotion of it is just powerful

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Adam Jones has a lot of great minimalist solos. Both Lateralus kick ass and one of them is mostly one note.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This may sound lame, but my favorite solo is a very simple, very short solo by Daron Malakian of System of a Down.

2:10

I could post DragonForce, Queen, and SRV all day. But no, SOAD has my favorite solo for some reason. I'm going on feels here
tongue.png

Second place goes to Dimebag in Floods.

3:36

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I lost a lot of respect for Dragon Force when I saw them live and they couldn't even play their own songs

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Love the violin bow in Led Zeppelin.

Here was some decent coping of that done right around the 3:15 mark (crap Youtube recording):

BIG HAIR DAYS!

Vandenberg said that was just for the video. Sykes never used a bow on this recording. Just another example of Coverdale DESPERATELY wanting to be in the same conversation as Led Zeppelin

Moebiwan

shitlord
Start about 2:20. Thornley channels a bit of Albert King/SRV here, and his phrasing and use of space are just about perfect.