Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Alarion_foh

shitlord
unfortunately, this was my first PC 3D game. Apparently my dad picked it up on a whim at Radio Shack (ahhh, PC games that were sold out of the oldschool magazine/comic style spin-racks).
Arcticfox - MobyGames

1007831979-00.jpg

Seriously, lots of childhood memories I had pushed to the back. Thanks guys =)

1007831979-00.jpg

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Bizanich said:
X-Com is perfection.
Up until original EQ this game might have garnered more playing time than anything I ever played by a long shot.

That and a WWII on the apple that to this day I cannot remember the name of. Top down cheesy graphic individual squad/vehicle game.

I played that the entire off season in 89 and into 90, every day, all the time. Could create random scenarios and allocate/purchase your own units.

Felt like a weak attempt at ASL but damn it was a time sink.

Still stunned that no one"s "updated" X-Com successfully.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Genjiro said:
Yes, that game specifically. Ugh.
Football was better. I am biased though.

9-2-2-9. Tell me what that play is in the playbook and I will mail you a quarter.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Utnayan said:
$59.99 for 50 hours or some shit. And at one point I had a bill for $400.00 on my first Visa card I ever had. Then I played AOL"s NWN, and that was 5 hours a month for free, and $3.95 an hour after.
It was slightly cheaper at night on the weekends.

I moved to BBS afterwards, which was 10-15 bucks a month.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Not as old as some listed but another classic. It goes to show what you get use too. I remember playing this and being in awe at how beautiful I thought it was.

edit: I also remember how pissed I was when the "magic wind" came in later and stole all my epics.

ultima7.jpg

ultima7.jpg

Bizanich_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Intellivision Baseball, thumbs still hurt. My cousin and I wore out the directional pads playing 1-0 and 2-1 games all summer long.

That and Madden are pretty much the only sports games I ever got into with some zest.

Here"s one, Bird vs. Dr J? Anyone play that? I remember thinking that was just off the charts even though I was never a huge BB fan.
I"d rock my Uncle something fierce in that baseball game. It was all about the baserunning shenanigans.

In retrospect, we both may have sucked.

Bird vs Dr. J I had on a Commodore 64. Some intense neighborhood match ups with some neighbors. Despite it being Bird versus J, I always found myself going for the sky hook .

Intellivison Football was the most evil sports game I"ve played on there, though. Hockey was fun if a bit...odd.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Talk of Intellivision and no mention of Tron Deadly Discs? pssh...

Bump n Jump, Baseball, Shark Shark...man those were the days.

Commodore 64 - Mail Order Monsters, now that game was the shit!!! Where is the MMO version of that??? Beachhead 1&2, Bards Tale, Impossible Mission...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bizanich said:
Intellivison Football was the most evil sports game I"ve played on there, though. Hockey was fun if a bit...odd.
Two player hockey where if you tripped the guy with the puck you were fine, but random whistle blows on tripping the guy who didn"t have the puck was hilarious.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
I had this same conversation on another board and it was almost the same discussion, talking about older games we"d played and there was a game that I cannot for the life of me remember the name, it"s not Archon.
It was a fantasy Chess game, in 3D, and I remember it because I remember wiping my hard drive to install it every time I wanted to play it.
Hard core fantasy chess game with what was kick ass graphics at the time.
No shot at remembering the name and we never could find images for it.

Bizanich_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Up until original EQ this game might have garnered more playing time than anything I ever played by a long shot.

That and a WWII on the apple that to this day I cannot remember the name of. Top down cheesy graphic individual squad/vehicle game.

I played that the entire off season in 89 and into 90, every day, all the time. Could create random scenarios and allocate/purchase your own units.
Herzog Zwei?

Ngruk said:
I had this same conversation on another board and it was almost the same discussion, talking about older games we"d played and there was a game that I cannot for the life of me remember the name, it"s not Archon.
It was a fantasy Chess game, in 3D, and I remember it because I remember wiping my hard drive to install it every time I wanted to play it.
Battle Chess?

Archon also had a shitty sequel, but I doubt it"s that.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Most likely Battlechess. Where the characters would fight it out on the screen.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Ngruk said:
This?

Edit: Quick bastards!

battle-chess-enhanced.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Ngruk had the chess conversation a few months ago on F13, the nerds over there couldn"t come up with the answer either.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
No and no.
The WWII game was SSI, I am almost 100% positive.
The chess game, I think, had Water Elemental s as pieces, and Demons.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Oh damn, forgot about Panzer General, much funner game than I ever thought.

Checking Wiki to see if any of the names ring a bell and they don"t. I have to find images of this game.

The Chess game is a nightmare, no one could remember it and it"s not Battlechess or Archon.

Bizanich_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
No and no.
The WWII game was SSI, I am almost 100% positive.
The chess game, I think, had Water Elemental s as pieces, and Demons.
Kampfgruppe, or the Allies vs Germans version, Battlegroup? I had Kampfgruppe, can"t remember the Allies vs Germans one exactly. They were SSI, though.

The chess one, if it"s not Archon....Sargon maybe.

(edit: Beaten!)