Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Sunnyd said:
but jesus Flight can you lay off the Curt and 38S cock slobbering? Its really embarressing to be honest. We get it. You do project management and claim to be so great, but are so hungry for a job it hurts. Truth be told, your posts are so stalkery, Im suprised a restraining order hasnt been taken out.
Theres its said. Ofcourse its only my opinion, but I just couldnt let it go on anymore without saying something, as your posts make my skin crawl.

I"ve never heard of Curt and have zero interest in baseball.

The truth is I am genuinely interested (*shock*) in the work of Dymus and Brett, which I believe to be revolutionary in the industry, outside of Japan.

If you check my post history you"ll see me raving about QA in the industry and saying the skill sets needed to revolutionize the industry didn"t exist in house, in multiple other threads. I was wrong. Having said that, it is extremely interesting that they"ve come to the games industry via a career in Electronic Engineering and QA (which was my whole career, largely in the military, prior to moving into IT).

Most people find that boring and don"t get it. But don"t mix up my "enthusiasm" at seeing what I"ve always said needed to happen actually happening with "cock sucking".

If you spent your life building a skill set that could transform our (MMO) industry and you ran into some guys in a bar who had an almost identical career history to yours and were making it happen then I suspect your conversations would be similar to my posts in this thread.

guanna_foh

shitlord
All I can say is if Kurt is calling people idiots (deserved or not) bashing Democrats, and ignoring messages from fans, or even from haters, he is not advertising very well.

I have a $100 collector"s edition box of Vanguard sitting on the shelf I bought on release day, I have a nice little lanyard and badge thing I got from attending the Fanguard deal in Vegas..... Ole Brad was a salesman, courteous to one and all. If I ever meet Brad again, I"m taking my $100 bucks back and handing that CE box of shit right back to him. Anyway, I just don"t understand Kurt or his advertisement methods.

My apology stands, I said it because I meant it, but my opinion stands as well. I will retract one thing I said though, if the game kicks ass, I will play. To say I wouldn"t play a kick ass game because he ignored a PM is childish. If the man and his team can pull it off, and not end up VG2.0, they deserve my subscription $$.

At any rate, I don"t think I came across right, my point seems to have been largely missed, I"ll take responsibility for that and stfu.

Frax_foh

shitlord
guanna said:
All I can say is if Kurt is calling people idiots (deserved or not) bashing Democrats, and ignoring messages from fans, or even from haters, he is not advertising very well.

I have a $100 collector"s edition box of Vanguard sitting on the shelf I bought on release day, I have a nice little lanyard and badge thing I got from attending the Fanguard deal in Vegas..... Ole Brad was a salesman, courteous to one and all. If I ever meet Brad again, I"m taking my $100 bucks back and handing that CE box of shit right back to him. Anyway, I just don"t understand Kurt or his advertisement methods.

My apology stands, I said it because I meant it, but my opinion stands as well. I will retract one thing I said though, if the game kicks ass, I will play. To say I wouldn"t play a kick ass game because he ignored a PM is childish. If the man and his team can pull it off, and not end up VG2.0, they deserve my subscription $$.

At any rate, I don"t think I came across right, my point seems to have been largely missed, I"ll take responsibility for that and stfu.
I imagine his PM box is probably full of "HEY, I LIKE RED SOX, CAN I GET IN BETA????" messages. As far as "advertising" I"m not seeing much at all other than him trying to keep people teased as to info about the game. Almost everything he posts seems to be references to how much he likes the folks at his new company or how they are impressing him with their smarts, or actual discussion on game theory.

guanna_foh

shitlord
I"m fully willing to accept and admit that I may be wrong. Sometimes simple shit escapes me, never thought of how full his box must constantly be.

Calling people idiots and bashing Dems is simply not good advertisement. Therefore, I am led to the conclusion that I may be wrong about him altogether. Perhaps he IS, "just a guy" posting on a board with like minded individuals, who just happens to be making a new mmo. I cannot say that I wouldn"t talk about my game if I were in his shoes. I know damn well I"d be talking.

Fuck, I"m probably projecting anger at Brad onto Kurt.... any shrinks in the house that can verify or deny this?

**EDIT** you know its times like this where I can justifiably blame Asperger"s Autism for inappropriate emotional responses, these moments of clarity when I realize that I have just wildly jumped to conclusions with little to no research or even interest, really. I never use my Autism as an excuse for my behavior, nor do I let my son do so either. It may be a reason, but it is not an excuse. Having Asperger"s is like turning into a retarded idiot for about an hour or so about once a week for me, but I"m learning to catch it and once I have realized , hey I"m being stupid, I can usually just simmer down. Bright side is, the more I practice (dunno if that is the right word for it) the less frequent the idiot comes out and for less duration. I worry for my son though, he"s just a boy. Who knows, maybe I"m worse off finding out I have Asperger"s at the age of 31 and having to relearn behaviors than he is finding out at the age of 9 while still learning his initial behaviors. Either way, it"s stupid.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
To be honest guanna, your posts have been good after the initial rage, and we all do that. You got a +1 from me for the second post on the page, which was spot on. Don"t beat yourself up over it

Gnome Eater_foh

shitlord
Zehn - Vhex said:
Saying that Curt not checking his PM"s is the final evidence that proves he"s just here to advertise is fucking retarded. Of -course- he"s here to fucking advertise. Anybody that thinks he"s just hanging out as one of the guys is a goddamn moron and anybody who thinks we don"t realize that is batshit goddamn insane (case in point: Utnayan).
this is how everyone should take developer discussions

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
well I admit... I bought into the whole Brad thing. There I said it Ut you self righteous bastard. But here is the thing. I do not get that vibe from reading Curt"s post. Sure he"s advertising but damn who here wouldn"t be if they had a project they were working on and had access to a place like this with us? Right no one. 2ndly... WTF are you retards doing sending him PMs asking for shit in the first place? I don"t care if it was your dying mother"s dream to get a signed copy of her Curt Schilling rookie card... you have no business asking for stuff from people who come here... that is so fucking tacky I can"t even wrap my head around it. And people wonder why celebs don"t come to message boards... it"s cause you fucktards bombard them with requests trying to get your old granny something from them. *shakes head*

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I debated long and hard with myself before adding this, but screw it.

Sunnyd said:
You do project management and claim to be so great, but are so hungry for a job it hurts

Am I good at what I do ? Damn right. Probably the best in the UK. I"ve never failed an interview since I was 17. I"ve been offered every single job I have gone for, including IBM, Merchant Banks and even GCHQ (Government Communication Headquarters). GCHQ was out of 10,000 applications; it"s the hardest place in the country to get a job. Imagine simultaneously passing an interview for the CIA, the Pentagon and the FBI and you are probably close.

I have a chest full of medals from my Army career, which included which would make you piss your pants - behind enemy lines due to being given a wrong grid, surrounded by Iraqis shooting at us and the US army unleasing the might of their artillery on us. At 17, in 1983, I was working on the second largest mainframe in the UK (Allied Breweries). I started in the military repairing Rapier (computer controlled SAM systems) down to component level when I was 21. At 29 I left the military and went to University full time, completing a 4 year degree in 18 months and breaking University records for grades while I was there. Looking after other people is at my core so while at Uni I was also the elected student representative on the Universities governing body.

I went on to work as the Technical Architect in IBM"s Public Service Business, responsible for all IBM"s Government contracts. Then I went to work for the Merchant Banks, when they offered to multiply my salary six fold.

In short, I have ZERO need to suck anyones cock.

Now to complete my background - and just so there is no understanding - I

Am I hungry for a job ? You"re fucking right I am. And there is nowhere else in the world I would like to work more than 38S. But, given my personal circumstances, it ain"t going to happen. If I thought it might I would send my CV in to 38S, rather than posting it to folks who think I am a prick on a message board.

guanna_foh

shitlord
Camerous said:
well I admit... I bought into the whole Brad thing. There I said it Ut you self righteous bastard. But here is the thing. I do not get that vibe from reading Curt"s post. Sure he"s advertising but damn who here wouldn"t be if they had a project they were working on and had access to a place like this with us? Right no one. 2ndly... WTF are you retards doing sending him PMs asking for shit in the first place? I don"t care if it was your dying mother"s dream to get a signed copy of her Curt Schilling rookie card... you have no business asking for stuff from people who come here... that is so fucking tacky I can"t even wrap my head around it. And people wonder why celebs don"t come to message boards... it"s cause you fucktards bombard them with requests trying to get your old granny something from them. *shakes head*
Well, that"s, like, your opinion, man.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
No that"s like common sense and manners, man.

EDIT
trying to break myself of using fucking all the time.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
You too bro. And it wasn"t personal. :) but you have to see it from their side too. How would you like it if every time you went any where, went to any message board, or even just stepped outside your house in a public place people swarmed you always wanting something from you either your time, signature, or more?

guanna_foh

shitlord
I feel you, but I also feel it is part and parcel of "celeb" life. It probably isn"t fair, and I despise the paparazzi, but come on, a fan wanting a little something from the person they look up to is not unreasonable.

you said look at it from his perspective, tons of people hitting him up, I get that, I understand. Now I ask you to look at it from a fan"s perspective, mine in particular, because I don"t know anyone else"s. I made one single request one single time, that I offered to pay for. Now don"t get me wrong, I"m not bitching, as was said, he probably never even saw the PM, but from my perspective I did nothing wrong.

Anyway, if you knew my grandmother, you would have asked him yourself. She would give you her last dollar or last bit of food, even as a stranger, if you needed it. What else am I supposed to say, she is my grandmother, she is a saint.

Let"s say it this way..... I do not regret asking for what I asked for, however, if I caused him undue stress or irritation for being a member of a zerg force of people sending PMs asking for things, than this, I regret.

Kaxmax_foh

shitlord
At the risk of looking like a spelling nazi, maybe try spelling his name right? Obviously I can"t speak for Curt, but it would annoy me personally if someone was asking personal favors of me and didn"t take the 2 seconds needed to verify the spelling of my name.

guanna_foh

shitlord
Kaxmax said:
At the risk of looking like a spelling nazi, maybe try spelling his name right? Obviously I can"t speak for Curt, but it would annoy me personally if someone was asking personal favors of me and didn"t take the 2 seconds needed to verify the spelling of my name.
Sorry bout that, I must admit, I"m not a baseball fan. I know him better as Scythehands Voxslayer than as Curt. I checked the old PMs, I did use Curt, no idea why he was Kurt tonight.

Oh Curt, I just called my grandmother, she says she"s still mad you left AZ, but you are still the best pitcher she"s ever seen throw a ball. Says the DBacks have never been the same without you.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh? Curt is most definitely checking his PMs. I got one from him the other day,

Ngruk said:
You"re so unbelievably cool it hurts man. The other day I was browsing through your post history like I normally do when I log on, and I noticed more than a few gems that made me chuckle over my morning coffee. Very excellent work, keep it up buddy!
Lately though they"ve started to get creepy. He"s started emailing me and calling me on the phone. He doesn"t say anything on the phone, just breathes heavily, but the caller ID never lies.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
guanna said:
**EDIT** you know its times like this where I can justifiably blame Asperger"s Autism for inappropriate emotional responses,
Guana,
As the father of a 9 year old son who has Asperger"s, you need say no more, and you need not apologize.

You may have asked, I may have missed. I don"t ever intentionally miss and usually, especially for people I game with, always "hook a brotha up"

The only flat out no"s I ever give are to rude or ignorant people, and that"s rarer than most might think.