Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Bongk_foh

shitlord
The M & M man says its time to clean up that shelf. Why do you think he is standing out front there with his arms up in the air.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just having a super comfy leather office chair is good enough for me if you spend some money and get a good one. I figure as much ass to chair time as I get, might as well find a good chair -- same applies to a good bed. Hell, sometimes I just grab a throw and fall asleep in this thing. Glad I dont late night raid anymore or my ass would be falling asleep at the wheel.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
As a parent of a 15 year old with Aspergers, I can relate, also.

Zehn, why in the world are you staring at a wall.

I use 2 monitors with a big screen TV in the corner behind me. I have a pretty big home office, though.

Vali_foh

shitlord
Big_Dumb_Animal said:
I don"t get it, maybe i"m the odd ball, but who the fuck wants anyone"s autograph? The start struck shit people feel for celebrity/public figures boggles me.
I"ve been a big Denver fan my entire life. I"ve got a few pieces of memorabilia signed by the superbowl 32 Broncos. Elway, TD, Atwater, Sharpe.. etc.

Ive also got a signed photo from the Av"s (circa 2002). Its got Roy, Sakic, Blake, etc.

My pop"s got a signed team football from the 62 packers. Bart Star, Max McGee, Lombardi and company.

Im not starstruck. I wont faint if I see any one of those guys. But as a fan, what they did was pretty special. And I think its pretty sweet having a piece of it here in my home. I dont think this is so dissimilar to having a piece of the berlin wall, or a hunk of concrete from road barrier in Iraq.

Some of the stuff Curts done on and off the field have been pretty special. For a fan, I dont think its out of line to want to be a part of it. Im all for ya Guanna - I hope you get your autograph.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
Sports are by and large the upper tier of entertainment in America.

Professional Athletes are silly overpaid, just like Hollywood actors, and other celebrities. However, it"s supply and demand, and the American way. I realize there are millions of people who can do what I do. There are few people who can throw a 98 mph fastball into a small strike box, or make it in the NFL. They are the elite.

It does irk me that we have a society that craves inflating celebrities and putting them on a pedestal. My kids will never see me get an autograph, and I"ll be glad to thell them faceless, nameless millionaires are fun to watch on TV but are not important or really relevent.

Except perhaps Jordan. Dang he was amazing to watch.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Vhex?

Is that a collectors plate on your bookshelf? Maybe a Star Trek one? And you are running multiple toons???

Is this how it starts?

Tropics_foh

shitlord
Stosh said:
Not according tothis.
New Content
Cataclysm will be the first expansion not to introduce a new continent, instead making use of previously unreleased zones and revamping existing ones.
If this is true then this is a truly phenomenal thing. I like this idea SOOO much more then another new island expansion, WOW"s old world lore was rich and I am looking hugely forward to seeing the new version of it and seeing it take the center stage again.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I hope for the sake of those still playing WoW that it is true. Strengthen the homefront before launching another foreign conquest. It sure as fuck needs it.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Lleauaric~EW said:
Vhex?

Is that a collectors plate on your bookshelf? Maybe a Star Trek one? And you are running multiple toons???

Is this how it starts?
Dude, Zommy"s wife was -hot-. And it"s a green bay packers clock that has Brian Noble"s autograph on it. 8(

Fadaar

That guy
All the stuff in the MMO-Champion writeup seems amateurish and half assed. I"ll wait for Blizzcon before I get too excited.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
For you folks here that have used and liked the AA service, well actually for those that tried it and maybe didn"t find as much use for it as you"d have liked, I wanted to post some update stuff and if anyone here has feedback I"d love to hear it.

Over the past few months, the Azeroth Advisor tech team has been hard at work developing new features for our website in order to give you, our subscribers, just a few more things to get excited about.

When you last logged into your account atAzeroth Advisor :: World of Warcraft Guide, you were able to view your past newsletters, your active characters, and do some basic account maintenance. Now, however, a whole new world has opened up!

Log in to your account today, and you"ll find that each of your characters has been given a series of new tabs -- you still have access to your old newsletters, maps, and instance guides, but now you can also check out your stats, charts, quest log, and more.

Using your in-game guild rosters and friend"s lists, we"ve linked you to other Advisor subscribers, so you can check out your friends" character pages, see what quests you share with them, and track their progress through stats and achievements. Don"t want to share your information? Don"t worry! You can easily grant or restrict access to your characters" information to whomever you choose.

Similar to the WoW Armory, your character page has a public view that is accessible by anyone navigating to the Azeroth Advisor website. To see Ngruck"s public page, click here. As long as you are not logged in, you"ll view Ngruck"s page as the public sees it. Logging in will give you access to Ngruck"s full character page and connections functionality.

Note that our website changes are still in beta test mode -- so please be gentle! If you find any bugs or have any comments, send a note to[email protected]. Also, make sure to read through the FAQ page for additional information.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why would anyone need this? I am confused. If I have QH, Cartographer, and a brain cell to figure out an instance, why would I want to download a piece of software which watches my playing habits so you can analyze them?

Gecko_foh

shitlord
They hired this girl a year ago who is now the CEO. I have yet to see any real game experience on her resume.

She was the VP of games at Comcast before. Forgive me, but what games did Comcast make or do? I guess who you know and being a looker is all it takes in Boston and at Comcast. She has a degree in International Relations. Perhaps Copernicus is hoping if they bomb here she can sell it to some group in Asia...

Gamasutra - Features - Women in Games: The Gamasutra 20

Jennifer MacLean

Vice President of Business Development, 38 Studios

Career overview

As the former Vice President and General Manager of games at Comcast, the United States" largest cable TV company, Jennifer MacLean is no stranger to high-powered positions within the games industry.

Now the Vice President of Business Development at 38 Studios, a company focused primarily on MMORGs, McLean began her career in online game content in 1992, when she joined Micropose Software. In 1996 she became the product manager of AOL"s Game Channel, then Programming Director.

Before joining 38 Studios, she spent four years at Comcast Interactive Media, where she oversaw all production and business relating to games. She also spearheaded many Comcast game programs including the PlayGames casual gaming website and Game Invasion service. Games MacLean oversaw delivered more than three million client downloads.

Major accomplishments

Brett Close, CEO of 38 Studios, recently said of MacLean, she brings "impeccable credentials, strong relationships, and impressive knowledge of the industry" to her new job. In addition to her years of experience, MacLean is the chair of the IGDA"s Board of Directors and a frequent speaker at industry events.

Innovation

As part of 38 Studios, MacLean will be combining her experience with some of the most important entertainment companies in America with a new, creative company -- bringing the structure of her expertise to an innovative environment.

What her peers say

Sheri: "What can you say about someone who started as a game tester and quietly worked her way up to a position of power in one of the most influential game distribution companies in the world?

Jen"s looks can be deceiving; she is a beautiful, petite, blond... with one of the sharpest game industry business minds around. I so respect what she"s done and look forward to seeing where she"s going to lead the industry in the future!"

maclean2.jpg

maclean2.jpg

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
I have yet to see any real game experience on her resume.

What?

In the post you refer to, right at the top, it reads

McLean began her career in online game content in 1992, when she joined Micropose Software. In 1996 she became the product manager of AOL"s Game Channel, then Programming Director.

Before joining 38 Studios, she spent four years at Comcast Interactive Media, where she oversaw all production and business relating to games. She also spearheaded many Comcast game programs

So starting at MP, working with Sid Meier, over 17 years ago is not "any real game experience"

Really? Compared to who? You? Ut? who?

Oh and this one...

I guess who you know and being a looker is all it takes in Boston and at Comcast.

You"re an idiot.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ngruk said:
So starting at MP, working with Sid Meier, over 17 years ago is not "any real game experience"
On a resume and in video games 17 years is a lifetime. Also, what was she doing regarding any online content in 1992? Designing a web site for the yet to be mainstream internet? Games that came out in that era were titles like Gunship 2000, Tank Platoon, Command HQ. She worked directly with Sid Meier? On what? Wiping his ass or fucking the guy...

Is she the one with the great idea to put collection flags in your WoW add on you want everyone to download so you can track playing habits? Or was that yours.