Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Neric_foh

shitlord
Grats Curt!

That was quite an interesting series. I had the impression that the Rockies always came up like 10 inch short on everything. Some balls that got almost hit over the fence, some balls that were just caught and some that just dropped out of reach combined with a pisspoor performance by the Rockies manager makes it look like a blowout. Still the Red Sox showed perfect baseball, so the outcome was clear in any case.

leafknode_foh

shitlord
I"m a rockies fan and went to both games in Denver. Bummed about the losses, of course, but it was a great season for the Rockies regardless. Huge props to the Red Sox on nearly perfect executed pitching; rockies starters and bullpen just got outplayed (although, I was very impressed with Aaron Cook"s performance in game 4, Ubaldo"s maturity, and Matt Herges overall; looks promising next year).

Curt, during batting practice on Sunday, I thought it was pretty cool that you were playing catcher and giving pitching pointers to your bat boy. Was that your son Gehrig?...

Now, to my question...

Now that the offseason is here, I"m curious what you have planned regarding 38 Studios. Will you be "at the office" with your team? etc..

Now that he went ahead and won another World Series, he is OURS again! Muahahahaha. It"s always a heck of a lot of fun having Curt around the office here, and I can"t wait for it to be like the "good ole days" when he roams around telling me how much I suck at design and/or any sport in existence compared to him.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I hate the Red Sox. Bleh. But the baseball stuff belong in the sports thread...sooo....

Congrats on your success. Looking forward to any released info other than pictures of Blackguard on the company website.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
ChewieTobbacca said:
Damnit the Red Sox won again ;( When do you guys get to be called an evil empire too? Still, congrats man, you are easily one of greatest big game pitchers EVER
Two times in 86 years and they"re the evil empire.

I rooted for my Indians and I"m not sure how they gave away a 3-1 lead to lose it, but they"ll be back next year.

Retire and focus on gaming, Curt!

Fadaar

That guy
Curt you need to go to Atlanta. Then when the Braves also get Glavine back for next year, we can start a nursing home for you three geezers!

Venjenz_foh

shitlord
OK, now that Ngruk is done goofing off with his Red Sox buddies, can we get back to the important things in life like designing new video games?

Some of us folks in Cleveland don"t have much else to live for you know.

Teljair_foh

shitlord
Blackguard said:
Now that he went ahead and won another World Series, he is OURS again! Muahahahaha. It"s always a heck of a lot of fun having Curt around the office here, and I can"t wait for it to be like the "good ole days" when he roams around telling me how much I suck at design and/or any sport in existence compared to him.
I"d have to agree with him. =)

Frax_foh

shitlord
redjunkopera said:
I don"t like baseball but I"ll say thanks for finishing in four games so I only had to miss one night of House. =)
I think Tuesday was going to be a travel day if the Rox had been able to send the series back to Boston anyways, so House would have been on tonight anyways!

Gnome Eater_foh

shitlord
That shit about on the tick is trivlal and any decent bard could do it, I played a bard as a 4th box and it was very easy.

The basis for pulling like that was abusing the fact that mobs could only "call" for help once every tick, and a tick in EQ is 6 seconds.

Here is how it works - you start casting harmony of sound. Harmony of sound hits your target, your target aggros, calls all his buddies. Immediately after HoS lands, you fade, dropping aggro on every single mob. Immediately after you fade, you use boastful bellow to instantly tag the mob you are pulling. The mob has already used his call for help, so as long as you get him out of the assist radius of his buddies before the next tick he will come single.

You could do this in Qvic with great ease, first divine shield in, pull the M"Shas out, kite them around, then fade split. You could also do some fairly clever trick to force warps on the mobs using the geometry.

A good bard could pull all the Msha"s clearing maybe 1 or 2 mobs total.

Seths_foh

shitlord
Gnome Eater said:
That shit about on the tick is trivlal and any decent bard could do it, I played a bard as a 4th box and it was very easy.

The basis for pulling like that was abusing the fact that mobs could only "call" for help once every tick, and a tick in EQ is 6 seconds.

Here is how it works - you start casting harmony of sound. Harmony of sound hits your target, your target aggros, calls all his buddies. Immediately after HoS lands, you fade, dropping aggro on every single mob. Immediately after you fade, you use boastful bellow to instantly tag the mob you are pulling. The mob has already used his call for help, so as long as you get him out of the assist radius of his buddies before the next tick he will come single.

You could do this in Qvic with great ease, first divine shield in, pull the M"Shas out, kite them around, then fade split. You could also do some fairly clever trick to force warps on the mobs using the geometry.

A good bard could pull all the Msha"s clearing maybe 1 or 2 mobs total.
Ya that stuff was a blast on my bard. I especially liked being in places with differences in height geometry like you said and getting mobs to warp instantly on you if you were high enough Z-axis wise above them or below them.

Say in Riftseekers in OoW being up top at the statue...targeting mobs below you in the basement with either an Eye helm or Macroquest and then using your "toggle last target" hotkey you cast Harmony of Sound on yourself, let it tick once, then hit your toggle target key and start hitting your Bellows instant cast. Then watch as the mob / named instantly warps up / down to your position. This was a lot of fun when you wanted to steal named from other groups as they were pulling and watching the /ooc "where did our named go?".

That and as a bard being able to kill the crystals from the "King" event in Riftseekers with all your DoT"s + best drum possible meant something like 1 AA every 6 min or so. Then came all those double exp days, veteran AA, exp potions...Man I miss my bard sometimes =/

EQ...the most fun game ever when it came to finding out which loopholes you could uncover.