Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Zhak,

I"m old school UO-EQ, and have played each major release since, like you. I"ve NEVER had a significantly leveled alt. Then again, I tend to only play each game 6 months (or less) and bail, since EQ.

I think the alt-angle pads the bottom line immensely for these companies. I"m not sure it"s something they want to actively try to do away with. Is there a game we can point to, with good subscriber retention, that does away with alts?

With that in mind, continue to discuss!

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Cadrid said:
I"m not sure how long it"s been up, but 38 Studios is looking for a Concept Artist. From following the events in the Uberworlds forum I know we have a few talented artists around here that might be interested.
So when do I start?

Cybsled

They"re aiming for the older audience, his ankle needs more blood and possibly some small demons attacking it.

Yeah it sucks not caring about the lore anymore. When I played WoW in beta I read all the quests and the stories and miniquests are pretty decent. Sometime after release I turned quick text on and have never looked back, and sometimes wonder if I regret doing so. I"ve tried turning it off, but it"s just something you can"t go back from, sort of like maps, although I miss my hand-drawn EQ maps of every zone and continent up to PoP. How much time did I waste following walls?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Goliath said:
Yeah it sucks not caring about the lore anymore. When I played WoW in beta I read all the quests and the stories and miniquests are pretty decent. Sometime after release I turned quick text on and have never looked back, and sometimes wonder if I regret doing so. I"ve tried turning it off, but it"s just something you can"t go back from, sort of like maps, although I miss my hand-drawn EQ maps of every zone and continent up to PoP. How much time did I waste following walls?
Yeaaah. Fuck yeah. hand drawn maps!

The few people who did those pre MQ were fucking mapping gods.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Big W Powah! said:
Yeaaah. Fuck yeah. hand drawn maps!

The few people who did those pre MQ were fucking mapping gods.
Easier than it sounds

set a /loc hotkey to your movement keys and then parse and analyze the log. Pretty cool shit actually. You can then fill in the holes as you go.

<-- Huge nerd.

EDIT:
Also, MQ by its nature did not have maps. It just had the mobs. Remove the map files from the MQ directories and you can still see all the mobs and that other junk(or showEQ if you prefer) but no zone maps. They are passed in as text files also based on locs.

But I will agree that shit is pretty intense, making maps that is. One of those things that was awesome at the time but fuck that if some game company thinks they are making me draw my own map ever again.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Anyone here going to Comicon? If so say hello to RA and Todd and grab a few freebies at the McFarlane booth if you swing by. Info on our site for the whens and where"s of those in attendance.
I know RA and Brett are both speaking at a few of the forums.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Q and I will be there!

I don"t know if I"m going to wear my Indians hat or Bengals hat. Such a complicated decision =/