Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Lonin_foh

shitlord
It"s understandable that there is no concrete answer this early in the game"s life. The game is still 3-4 years from release, they"re still writing the design docs, stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Gaereth_foh

shitlord
spentmotiff said:
I honestly don"t see the problem with Moorgard"s post. He was basically saying "No, we aren"t going to release that information because it"s too soon and we"ve seen what happens when you over promise and under deliver."

Of course he was verbose about it: the dude was a blogger and then a Customer Liason guy with Sony. He probably lost the ability to write one or two sentence responses years ago.

I know that every one"s bum is hurt a bit from the Vanguard whitewashing, but I wouldn"t slam Moorgard and Co. yet for not wanting to be specific this early in development.

I mean, shit, it"s Moorgard. He"s going to say something you can jump all over eventually...it"s only a matter of time, so be patient with the hate.
hehe...I hate the verbose crap that says nothing. Doesn"t matter what team does it and its probably just more of a general gripe than a Moorgard thing. I just get that slimy politician feel from the pacing and wording that a large number of the CMs use.

For instance...name the one dev poster from VG that you could read and it felt like they not only understood your issues but they were more interested in getting them fixed than in telling you some story about it.

Act like a gamer that is interested in the game rather than a politician. Everyone hates politicians.

QforQ_foh

shitlord
Vatoreus said:
Can"t remember his name right off, but the art guy (weapons) who posted on SV a lot. He was damn good at keeping in touch with the community.
Was it..Cylus or something? I forget, he still works for Vanguard but yeah he was good at keeping in touch with the community and what not. Nino was pretty good at being short and to the point seemed like.

Someone probably mistook my post-happy arse for an artist because I"m on the design side of the character assets; don"t make "em though, just manipulate "em as much as I can get away with.

Howdy Woad!

Lonin_foh

shitlord
CylusSoulreaver said:
Someone probably mistook my post-happy arse for an artist because I"m on the design side of the character assets; don"t make "em though, just manipulate "em as much as I can get away with.

Howdy Woad!
Stalker! Hey man, long time.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Wth, I always thought Curt Schilling was black :| No idea why I had that impression, but that"s how I"d always envisioned him.

So far it all reminds me of nothing so much as the same vague and ambitious propaganda we saw from Sigil, you can probably understand if I"m a little wary right now. The whole "we have an all star cast and we"re gonna rock the MMO world!" thing, completely talking themselves up before they have a chance to prove, well anything. I mean I know you have to get the hype train going and all, but people aren"t going to swallow all that anymore, not after Vanguard.

But there"s really not much to be said until we start seeing screenshots/movies/concrete info roll in, because all we know so far is that it"s a a fantasy MMO.

Azrayne said:
So far it all reminds me of nothing so much as the same vague and ambitious propaganda we saw from Sigil, you can probably understand if I"m a little wary right now.
They should be ok as long as they stop using the word "Vision" now! Never, ever use that word again. Also, define your target audience. "Core" does not cut it.

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
Azrayne said:
I mean I know you have to get the hype train going and all, but people aren"t going to swallow all that anymore, not after Vanguard.
I don"t think it"s the hype train, really. They have said on numerous occassions they can"t get people hyped up too early because things will change, folks will lose interest, and frustration among all parties will become the prime result. It seems to me as though they (especially Curt; the phrase "kid in a candystore" comes to mind) are genuinely excited about the project and the prowess of the team producing it.

Another thing to remember is that Salvatore and McFarlane are putting their names on it as well, and if they don"t deliver the goods thentheirbusinesses could take a hit. It"s unlikely they"d be willing to risk displeasing fans of their other works by releasing a crappy or unfinished title.

With that said, I second the motion to limit or abandon use of the words "Vision" and "core gamer"; there"s some bad juju in them!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is no reason to blow the whistle on 38 studios like that Azrayne.

They have a professional story teller doing creative content. That puts them leagues ahead of Sigil already. At least we know we won"t end up wandering the vast wastelands of Telon in search of spiders, large spiders, big spiders, giant spiders, and the ever popular MEGA spiders. And there are many more differences, if they aren"t apparent to you I say you should just wait on the sideline patiently to see what develops.

Im buying into the hype. They deserve every bit of it for now.

Gaereth said:
hehe...I hate the verbose crap that says nothing. Doesn"t matter what team does it and its probably just more of a general gripe than a Moorgard thing. I just get that slimy politician feel from the pacing and wording that a large number of the CMs use.
Actually, I believe it is the fault of Moorgard being an English major. I don"t suffer from the confines of proper grammar, so I tend to be a little more blunt about things. That gets me in trouble at least as often as him trying to explain thoroughly does, if not more often.

The Blackguard answer would have been:

At the moment, we intend to have 12 races, but there is no way of knowing if that will hold true until the launch of our game. We"ll launch with as many races as we feel are appropriate for the world and our goals--if any of the 12 get cut for the sake of polish, world feel, or gameplay, so be it, and the same goes for having more than 12 races.

The most important takeaway from what Moorgard said is that we are focusing on quality and polish. We know that a game needs to be amazingly solid to even compete in the market of today, and doubly so for the market when our game comes out.

spentmotiff said:
I mean, shit, it"s Moorgard. He"s going to say something you can jump all over eventually...it"s only a matter of time, so be patient with the hate.
QFE.

Wasting good material now is only going to make you regret it later when you canreallylay it on me.

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Blackguard said:
Actually, I believe it is the fault of Moorgard being an English major. I don"t suffer from the confines of proper grammar, so I tend to be a little more blunt about things. That gets me in trouble at least as often as him trying to explain thoroughly does, if not more often.

The Blackguard answer would have been:

At the moment, we intend to have 12 races, but there is no way of knowing if that will hold true until the launch of our game. We"ll launch with as many races as we feel are appropriate for the world and our goals--if any of the 12 get cut for the sake of polish, world feel, or gameplay, so be it, and the same goes for having more than 12 races.

The most important takeaway from what Moorgard said is that we are focusing on quality and polish. We know that a game needs to be amazingly solid to even compete in the market of today, and doubly so for the market when our game comes out.
Carebear!