Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Not going to lie, the WHO cinematic is as good as anything I"ve seen. Any qualms I had are gone and at the very least I"ll give this game a good serious try.
Man was that a great 4 minutes and 31 seconds. Best part was it seemed to me like it was done by people that love the game, great stuff.

Linbog_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Not going to lie, the WHO cinematic is as good as anything I"ve seen. Any qualms I had are gone and at the very least I"ll give this game a good serious try.
Man was that a great 4 minutes and 31 seconds. Best part was it seemed to me like it was done by people that love the game, great stuff.
It was awesome but it also felt like a rip-off of the WoW opening videos in the way it showcased each of the classes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Linbog said:
It was awesome but it also felt like a rip-off of the WoW opening videos in the way it showcased each of the classes.
Don"t be stupid.

Ngruk:
It"s WAR (Warhammer: Age of Reckoning) not WHO!

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
Don"t be stupid.

Ngruk:
It"s WAR (Warhammer: Age of Reckoning) not WHO!
Oh it"s so WHO now, everyone in the office is getting on me for this.

Cinematics, we now realize, DON"T represent gameplay (or most don"t try to) but they should tell you some story and give you some insight into what you are playing. WoW did that for me, and I felt the same thing with the WHO!!!! cinematic as well, incredibly well done.

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
Mark Jacobs is going to poke you in the eye now.
WithENTHUSIASM.

You should know the dangers of "who" better than anyone Curt...

Draegan: Well then who"s on first?

Ngruk: Yes.

Draegan: I mean the game"s name.

Ngruk: WHO.

Draegan: The game on first.

Draegan: The first baseman.

Draegan: The game where you play...

Ngruk: WHO is on first!

Draegan: I"m asking YOU who"s on first.

Ngruk: That"s the game"s name.

Draegan: That"s who"s name?

Draegan: Well go ahead and tell me.

Ngruk: That"s it.

Draegan: That"s who?

Fammaden_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Seemed like people on this board were calling it WHO earlier on, but its been a while since I saw anyone call it that. Maybe it is different everywhere else but WAR seems to be the default abbreviation on FoH now, not the acronym WHO. I don"t know maybe I"m wrong, seems that way. Doesn"t matter.

Teljair_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:

Cinematics, we now realize, DON"T represent gameplay (or most don"t try to) but they should tell you some story and give you some insight into what you are playing. WoW did that for me, and I felt the same thing with the WHO!!!! cinematic as well, incredibly well done.
Sorry, but it is WAR sir.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Ngruk said:

Its been said a number of times in this thread that the opening sequence and the very early game should be really good and suck you into the game.

Here is something I"d suggest we can learn from AoC - every aspect of the game experience has to be as good as that opening. Funcom were obviously short on finance; their strategy, in light of their limitations, was to focus on the game up to lvl 40. The game got a good reception because of this - most folk were surprised how good the game was, up to that lvl. I did not encounter a single issue or bug up to there. But, boy, did that soon change - and look where it went.

Its an extreme example of what I"m saying, but the point is if you build the experience up too much initially, the only way is down and a degree of disappointment.

You can apply that to the whole "suck people into the game" thing. The opening half hour and then next couple of hours need to do that, but the whole rest of the game has to meet that level of reception or people will be disappointed.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Rythonn said:
Was the thread falling too far?
It is almost amazing this thread stays on page 1 when it truly has no substance to it.

We know nothing about the game, there has been virtually zero information of any kind released. And some for reason people are all up curts ass like he is a gaming messiah, when in reality he is just a bored rich guy who thinks he can do it better than people who have years of experience.

I know it sounds harsh, but it kind of shows how desperate people are for a fun new game when they are excited about a game they know nothing at all about from a company that has never even made a game before that is years out from ever even seeing the light of day.