Grim Dawn

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I think lvl 50 is when the purples start; i got my occ/arc to 57 but waited until 50 to beat the game and got 2 epics in the last fight(s). Got 1 more clearing the next act and started a blademaster. Going to get him to 50 and then decide which i want to use going into Elite. My occ/arc was still fairly destorying Act 1 elite but i think i'm under geared so figured i might pick up a few items on the blade master for him. I did get a lvl 58 main hand that i think is going to like double my damn dps (occ specific legendary) but i'm short cunning abit to use. Once that gets online he is going to rape, have all my main damage maxed on him and finishing the critical survivability.

On blademaster is it better to use daggers or slower items (given similar quality of item?) Only 20 on mine but i maxxed the cold pulse AE first and now am just putting points into mastery to get to execution. Not seeing where my damage is supposed to be coming from....anyone have a good end game link they could share on build to work towards? Main one i've seen was from some guy who hacked abit and think it was heavily dependant on uber gear. I like castors more mainly becasue you can see where your damage is going to come from easier when planning a build, melee i have no clue
frown.png

Thats why i quit my spell blade early on, didn't see where all the "uber" dps was going to be come from but after having arc in my first lvl 43 & 57 classes i can see why its an awesome sub class.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unlocked elite last night with my conjurer. I think I'm going to start a new character. Can't decide what yet though.
I'll plug this build again:The Stormcaller - The ultimate power of Ultos (B29 / Hardcore Approved / Ultimate Approved) - Grim Dawn Forums

It's like a pet build with none of the annoying shit about actual pets. Wind Devil and Storm Totem use player damage, so you combine 2-3 of each of those with your own lightning nova and sky shards and entire screens full of mobs melt in a matter of seconds on elite. And that's with only 1 of the legendaries that the build 'requires' and a shamefully low avg ilvl of 55. Right now I'm finishing up act 4 and attempting to get enough resists to continue into ultimate. On elite, nothing can really even hurt me except those stupid overpowered yetis (don't even want to know how annoying those are on ultimate, but I'm 100% sure I will be sprinting through that area just to get the waypoints).

-----

Lowest level purples are 45-50, but it is extremely rare to see any purples drop on normal/veteran. Even on elite, you almost never see any. I'm pretty sure the only semi-reliable way to get legendaries in the game is to max out your negative reps and farm Nemesis mobs. That is one long fucking grind though; the only one I'm even remotely close to after like 75 hours is undead, and "remotely" is still 6k rep away.

Level cap is 85.

Caliane

I got my first purple at level 48. npcs need to be 50 from what I understand.

My pure arc is 61 atm. act 2 elite. easy going. Slow down alot in elite. NPC hp totals do skyrocket. and some resists.
My defenses have improved alot, since patch. good amount of gear upgrades. Did die once iirc between 48 and 61.(was a cave in wightmire, with dogs, and 4 heroes. no safe place to run to, recharge.) Mostly simple though. tons of defense, with turtle, alch belt autopotion, mirror, maivens. hp spikes up and down constantly, but takes extreme constant damage to kill me. like the mentioned small cave with 4 heroes, and no place to kite to.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
On blademaster what are good devotions to go...i tried going bat for lifesteal but it seems...wanting. I have all blue gear at lvl 22 (mainly lvl 20) and i just don't seem to have much going on. I switch my points out of my aura damage into my heal since i am playing on veteran and groups of mobs still hurt me. Haven't died but been pretty hard considering i'm pretty well geared at this point and have zero AE damage. I have a slam ability due to one of my compontents i added that actually hits for 900 which seems like its my only damn damage hah.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
On blademaster what are good devotions to go...i tried going bat for lifesteal but it seems...wanting
If you want crazy dps as a blademaster, you have to take assassins's blade (gives mobs a 10 sec debuff of -60% physical and pierce resist on 100% of your crits), assasin (link blades of wrath to your main attack such as troll's rage or cadence, whatever you use as your left click), and unknown soldier (has massive bonuses to piercing damage in the tree, and the living shadow proc isn't bad either, link it to something like belgothian shears.

Beyond that, you can't go wrong with the generic survival constellations.

I have all blue gear at lvl 22 (mainly lvl 20) and i just don't seem to have much going on. I switch my points out of my aura damage into my heal since i am playing on veteran and groups of mobs still hurt me. Haven't died but been pretty hard considering i'm pretty well geared at this point and have zero AE damage. I have a slam ability due to one of my compontents i added that actually hits for 900 which seems like its my only damn damage hah.
Early levels blademaster's are just bad. The entire spec is basically getting a generic auto-attack replacer (something like troll's rage frommistborn talisman, or 1 point in cadence until then) and then taking 5 of the "proc" talents. Make sure you only take 5 of the proc talents, not all 6 (skip zolhan's tequnique once you unlock execution). The way they work is each attack you have X chance to also proc one (only one) of those attacks. 5 of the better talents at 20% each means every swing will also proc a special hit. If you add more beyond 100%, it scales them all down, so 6 talents at 20% proc chance means each has a ~16% chance to go off, effectively lowering your dps by making the better ones proc less.

Your aoe early on is kind of poor, and basically consists of nothing but the few procs from shears, markovian, and whirling death. If you don't mind unspeccing it later, taking tsunami and/or bull devotions give you some very early game aoe's you can link to your auto attack. Once you unlock blades of wrath from Assassin and link it to troll's rage or cadence, you turn into an aoe screen clearing blender. It procs on 50% of your crits (don't neglect OA rating) and each crit does a nova of blades that deal sick piercing damage. From that point on, you just walk around left clicking mobs while everything melts.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If you want crazy dps as a blademaster, you have to take assassins's blade (gives mobs a 10 sec debuff of -60% physical and pierce resist on 100% of your crits), assasin (link blades of wrath to your main attack such as troll's rage or cadence, whatever you use as your left click), and unknown soldier (has massive bonuses to piercing damage in the tree, and the living shadow proc isn't bad either, link it to something like belgothian shears.

Beyond that, you can't go wrong with the generic survival constellations.

Early levels blademaster's are just bad. The entire spec is basically getting a generic auto-attack replacer (something like troll's rage frommistborn talisman, or 1 point in cadence until then) and then taking 5 of the "proc" talents. Make sure you only take 5 of the proc talents, not all 6 (skip zolhan's tequnique once you unlock execution). The way they work is each attack you have X chance to also proc one (only one) of those attacks. 5 of the better talents at 20% each means every swing will also proc a special hit. If you add more beyond 100%, it scales them all down, so 6 talents at 20% proc chance means each has a ~16% chance to go off, effectively lowering your dps by making the better ones proc less.

Your aoe early on is kind of poor, and basically consists of nothing but the few procs from shears, markovian, and whirling death. If you don't mind unspeccing it later, taking tsunami and/or bull devotions give you some very early game aoe's you can link to your auto attack. Once you unlock blades of wrath from Assassin and link it to troll's rage or cadence, you turn into an aoe screen clearing blender. It procs on 50% of your crits (don't neglect OA rating) and each crit does a nova of blades that deal sick piercing damage. From that point on, you just walk around left clicking mobs while everything melts.
Thanks. Is mistborn tailsman just a recipe drop or can you get it ingame some where.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks. Is mistborn tailsman just a recipe drop or can you get it ingame some where.
The recipe, and the main ingredient required in the recipe both drop fromVoldrak(the troll boss in smuggler's pass). Farm him a few times for the recipe and the bonecrusher required. You won't regret it. The thing is, those special procs from the NB tree only proc on attacks classified as "default", but you also need to use a spammable attack to link your main devotion to as well. Troll's rage qualifies as both!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
85 is max. There's def some "stop and farm time" before moving on to elite.

Get all the factions to honored at a minimum and don't skimp on resists (anti venom salve, wardstone from black smith). The powders from faction are real good.

Pet builds need some items to really shine but are certainly ultimate/elite viable

Lot of people get hit by the leveling up curve need to prob respec a bit, farm bastion of chaos and get faction gear/resists imo

I know my char def went thru some super awkward stages upgrading and moving up but I enjoyed doing it

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Elite is about when I decided to retire my conjurer. From the start until early act 4, pet summons conjurer was destroying everything easily. As the difficulty started to go up though, the holes in the spec started to show, mostly due to stupid pet AI, and the fact that most mobs ignore your pets and focus on you, which means you have to spend most fights running away, which drops your pets dps a lot as they chase and swing at the air behind the mob.

In other news, I got my blademaster to elite. Blademaster was a bitch to level, racked up so many deaths. Now that he's level 50ish, with some decent gear handed down from my spellbreaker, just wow. Piercing damage, along with procs like the assassin (blades of wrath) and unknown soldier devotions just decimate packs, probably outdps'es my spellbreaker even though he's 10 levels behind.

Still think I'm going to stick with spellbreaker as my main though, because while blademaster seems to be king of the hill for dps, his survival still isn't that great while spellbreaker on the otherhand like never dies in elite so far.
Yeah, spot on. Even having a coldstone aura going, my pets were just running around.

I think I'm going to try an Elementalist (Demo/Shaman) and focus on autoattacks with lightning damage in Shaman. Use both autoattack augments. Use the shaman one to build up stacks of the buff, then blast with the Demo version. Kite/CC with Stun Jacks and Mortar with Heavy Ordanance.

Shaman also has a buff to lightning damage at 50 pts.

Main focus on stats is Attack Speed. Going to try to get dual wielding pistols. No idea on what Devotion to go after.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'll plug this build again:The Stormcaller - The ultimate power of Ultos (B29 / Hardcore Approved / Ultimate Approved) - Grim Dawn Forums

It's like a pet build with none of the annoying shit about actual pets. Wind Devil and Storm Totem use player damage, so you combine 2-3 of each of those with your own lightning nova and sky shards and entire screens full of mobs melt in a matter of seconds on elite. And that's with only 1 of the legendaries that the build 'requires' and a shamefully low avg ilvl of 55. Right now I'm finishing up act 4 and attempting to get enough resists to continue into ultimate. On elite, nothing can really even hurt me except those stupid overpowered yetis (don't even want to know how annoying those are on ultimate, but I'm 100% sure I will be sprinting through that area just to get the waypoints).

-----

Lowest level purples are 45-50, but it is extremely rare to see any purples drop on normal/veteran. Even on elite, you almost never see any. I'm pretty sure the only semi-reliable way to get legendaries in the game is to max out your negative reps and farm Nemesis mobs. That is one long fucking grind though; the only one I'm even remotely close to after like 75 hours is undead, and "remotely" is still 6k rep away.

Level cap is 85.
I was doing something like that with my Conjurer but without arc like you said. Shit is pretty awesome.

There is a chain lightning skill on one of the legendaries I thought I saw in one of the database sites.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pets take micro and curse of frailty is basically a taunt. Not sure I entirely agree with that but I stack it with necrosis relic for a godly as shit slow so if they wanna chase me thru meteor proc sigils they can be my fuckin guest 8).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So hit 25 and swapped out to my omen sword with life steal and 2 higher level weapon skills from items (one is a port+mass damage, other is behead which is huge damage). So with 2 ports and insane burst both which hit multiple targets i went from bleh...to holy fuck i non stop port and 1 shot everything on vet damn near. Finished conley without even batting an eye lash. Best thing also is i don't even hardly have any skill points in abilities, 1 lvl away from execute already. So when i start dumping points into some of the core 1 point wps skills my single target should explode. Daddy is much happier!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So even though i only have a few blue set pieces (lvl 30 class ones) i some how managed to have had 4/5 nightshade ones and the mob i killed to hit lvl 30 dropped my 5th piece haha. Switched to that 5 piece set and holy fuck. Execute proc's of 2k+ just melt like no bodies business. I love games that have gear having significant power swings!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm sure this has been answered so sorry in advance. How does this compare to D3? I played Titan Quest but didn't get heavy into it. I need something to dive into now that FO4 is done.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's far closer to diablo2 than it is diablo3 if that makes any sense.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I think overall it's a more fun game than D3, but the loot drops are tuned as a single player game, which means with a week+ of farming, you can come pretty close to best in slot gear, so it may not have the super extended endgame grind that D3 provides. Also this game is primarily singleplayer (it has limited multiplayer options, but expect that the randoms you pub with are using cheated gear). If you have friends to play with that you trust to not cheat, it's extremely fun as a group game also.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Better class building that d3, good combat but not as smooth as d3, effects are as good either but far better than POE.

No online but has multiplayer.
No random maps but random roadblocks.

It's fun.