Grim Dawn

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Got to level 20 something and realize my build is fucked up and what I wanted to do won't work. Didn't realize the Savagery skill in Shaman didn't work the way I thought and at that point I went too far into demo.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Got to level 20 something and realize my build is fucked up and what I wanted to do won't work. Didn't realize the Savagery skill in Shaman didn't work the way I thought and at that point I went too far into demo.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
I hit 32 on my NB/Solider and was just destorying vet like nothing but I want to make someone to go for the long haul and have better end game surviaviilty so i'm switching to a spellbreaker. Got him to 22, just going to lvl him has dual wield until 50 or so and try and switch over to phantom blade build (never did one before) but liked the idea.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Beat elite mode on my spellbreaker. That final fight... it took me probably 20 minutes to win even though I didn't die. I had to spend like 98% of the time just avoiding stuff and controlling add and tentacle spawns, then every now and then when only a few adds were up I'd go pop mirror for 4 seconds of invulnerability and shoot at the boss some, then back to controlling the room. It was an incredibly satisfying win though! I think I need to stay in elite and farm more before doing ultimate. I'd also love to actually get some legendary gear for myself, since I've found like 9+ legendaries and none of them usable by my spec.

My stats at time of beating elite:
elitebeaten.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have a lvl 22 character that I don't want to toss. Is there a character hack that works or should I just reroll?

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is an incredibly easy way to farm Legendaries if you don't mind "cheating" a little bit. I won't post it here because I know some people get all salty about people getting an unfair advantage, so PM me if you are interested.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is an incredibly easy way to farm Legendaries if you don't mind "cheating" a little bit. I won't post it here because I know some people get all salty about people getting an unfair advantage, so PM me if you are interested.
Just spoiler it. I think people are adult enough here to decide if they want to use it or not.

Murked

So basically what I do is I get a character to the quest to fight final boss (Elite is best since you can overcap at 85 and destroy shit). Once you are on the quest to kill Loghorean, exit the game and go into your Grim Dawn save folder, then into the Elite folder for that character. You'll see a quests.dd or something in there, which is your quest log. You just back that bad boy up, kill the final boss, and the quest gives a legendary every time. Exit the game, restore the quest file with Kill Log and rinse/repeat.

Still requires a high level character to do so at least it's not super lame
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was thinking about this today, if I open that door I know I won't be able to stop myself from rolling a million builds and ultimately ruin the game for me.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking about this today, if I open that door I know I won't be able to stop myself from rolling a million builds and ultimately ruin the game for me.
Haha, reminds me when i was young lad playing one of the earlier Civ's and i spent like 4 hours making the most insane huge world map with perfect settle areas for me with best bonuses etc. Then when i finally started to play it i made it less then an hour into the game before i quit because even though i was on the hardest difficulty i felt so ashamed for cheating and ruining the damn fun of the game! I know it would be hard on single player but man i wish they had ways to prevent cheating, just knowing that you can and that people do just ruins the game for me regardless of the fact it has zero damn impact on me. I'm SO COMPLICATED!!!! (so the last girlfriend said!)

Murked

It used to ruin it for me too, but now I'm older and have less time to invest. The ability to make a ton of builds and thrash through dungeons is the only thing keeping me playing. If they would allow you to unspec class points it wouldn't be so bad.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, I have not the time to go leveling up half a dozen different characters just to try out the different masteries and shit, so just waiting for him to update that trainer so I can remove mastery specs on my main guy.

I'm like 20 hours in and not done with the main quest yet, just hit level 50, I'm not putting that kind of time in to multiple characters just to dick around with different skills.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I only want mastery points to com off but oh well. I still haven't found a new build to play.

I'm thinking of some kind of defensive thorn build. Sounds challenging to me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I only want mastery points to com off but oh well. I still haven't found a new build to play.

I'm thinking of some kind of defensive thorn build. Sounds challenging to me.
I have a retaliation build and it's pretty fun. The Perdition set makes it rape. I haven't played it since Devotion came out but there is plenty of retaliation skills there. Also not sure how well it would do in Elite, but since it's a shield build (Persition set has a shield) its probably fine.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'll have to see what pairs up best with soldier. There is a shaman buff that gives total retaliation. Might be a thing.

edit: Shaman don't have a total retaliation buff. Hmm what was I thinking of then.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So noob question, if certain abilities have +% damage or +%crit does that only apply to that skill if its an attack skill? (ie; will it apply 5% damage to crits on just that ability or all crits period). I'm assuming its global or else alot would be fairly worthless but wanted to verify.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Has anyone tried a Sorcerer build (demo/arc) where you spam Stun Jacks to trigger Ulzuin's Chosen (10/10 gives a 25% chance of 100% CDR per jack) which might allow you to spam Mirror or Ereoctes? Sounds kind of cool but I'm assuming the damage will be ass and none of Demo's abilities are fast casters either.