Grim Dawn

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
POE jsut does not do it for me anymore. Ill probabaly be taking a break for a few more leagues, maybe try it when 4.0 (POE2) hits.

I'll very likely play PoE again once PoE "2" drops, but I highly doubt I'll ever play it in a serious capacity again, until they launch some form of AH. "Player interaction" in that game is a joke and yet so essential/integral to getting anything done at end-game. Having to download a bunch of shady, third-party macro programs/scripts just to manage trades is lunacy.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm kind of burnt out on PoE as well. I was never hardcore end game player. Once I got shaper down a few times it lost it's appeal. I don't craft much and once I crafted a few usable items that was the end of it really. I didn't go past act 3 the current league.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its funny watching my son try to play POE with his "hardcore" POE buddy. Nether of them know shit. I dont think any of them got even close to the end game yet and they have been trying for a few months, lol. This is a brutal game for noobs and something they should think about fixing if they want to attract new players and keep them. It took me many leagues to figure this shit out and I still dont know shit compared to some. But maybe thats what POE 2.0 is all about? It seems like they are dumbing down many of the systems from what I saw on the reveal.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm kind of burnt out on PoE as well. I was never hardcore end game player. Once I got shaper down a few times it lost it's appeal. I don't craft much and once I crafted a few usable items that was the end of it really. I didn't go past act 3 the current league.

That was another thing I fucking hated. Crafting being RNG was bullshit. I remembering spending so much currency trying to get a 6L and just never getting it. Then your buddy logs on and “lol I got my 6L in four tries” while you wasted currency you spent weeks gathering. I’d be more ok with it if the % chance increased on a failure. I also remember people being burnt out spamming the crafting, get the 6L only to keep hitting the button and destroying it. Fucking dumb, should lock at 6L.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It does stop at 6links or 6sockets tho...

When you hit a 6L you can’t accidentally hit the craft again? I swear I remember that happening back in the day, but I admit I may be thinking about crafting the socket colors. I haven’t played in ~5 years.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That was another thing I fucking hated. Crafting being RNG was bullshit. I remembering spending so much currency trying to get a 6L and just never getting it. Then your buddy logs on and “lol I got my 6L in four tries” while you wasted currency you spent weeks gathering. I’d be more ok with it if the % chance increased on a failure. I also remember people being burnt out spamming the crafting, get the 6L only to keep hitting the button and destroying it. Fucking dumb, should lock at 6L.

Yeah, this is a big problem for GGG. They keep adding on layer after layer of complexity/new shit and while that's all well and good for long-term/hardcore players, it's quickly becoming too daunting for "new" players to enjoy/understand. It doesn't help that they almost seem insistent on bringing every fucking league's mechanics over to "core", either. While I understand they don't want that work to go to "waste" (art assets, design time, etc.), they really need to consider what adding a new mechanic might do to long-term systems. As well as whether or not that mechanic even really functions that well outside of the "league" mechanics (hi2u Betrayal, Bestiary, etc).

When you hit a 6L you can’t accidentally hit the craft again? I swear I remember that happening back in the day, but I admit I may be thinking about crafting the socket colors. I haven’t played in ~5 years.

It stops at 6L and 6 sockets, but chromatic gems will still keep swapping colors if you mash it, yes.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy

You can't with fusings but you can use a crafting bench to remove sockets which means you'd have to relink it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this is a big problem for GGG. They keep adding on layer after layer of complexity/new shit and while that's all well and good for long-term/hardcore players, it's quickly becoming too daunting for "new" players to enjoy/understand. It doesn't help that they almost seem insistent on bringing every fucking league's mechanics over to "core", either. While I understand they don't want that work to go to "waste" (art assets, design time, etc.), they really need to consider what adding a new mechanic might do to long-term systems. As well as whether or not that mechanic even really functions that well outside of the "league" mechanics (hi2u Betrayal, Bestiary, etc).

It stops at 6L and 6 sockets, but chromatic gems will still keep swapping colors if you mash it, yes.

Instead of adding everything to core, they could "shelve" some leagues and then bring the really popular ones back, or keep the really popular ones in core and bring back the unpopular ones, say after a years time, with more work put into them making them better and at the same time saving a shit ton of work for their live team every few leagues.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don’t get me wrong, PoE is a fucking amazing game. It’s almost as much fun I’ve had in an online game since TBC/WoTLK era WoW. That said, the trade aspects really do not mesh with casual play and I can’t seem to get behind SSF in that game since it’s clearly not designed for it. I’ve got a bunch of shit at home going on too. Trade sometimes makes the skinnerbox aspects too apparent to me...I’ve been dabbling in higher level crafting a month too late. And it’s cool but it really just comes down to having the time to grind and playing the flip game. I’d rather just go fucking do this with actual stocks and shit.

I want to be fresh to hit POE2 with a vengeance too. I also was not a huge fan of the Sirus fight despite coming around to thinking the rest of the atlas is amazing. The game has the best ARPG endgame. Ever. Hands fucking down.

Also skills - I’ve played all but maybe 1 or 2 skills that interest me and oddly don’t have much interest in the rest.

I’ll give the captain America shit a look. I had found a guide on oathkeeper/arcanist Templar that purported to use EoR as a good starter. May still give it a shot. I mean I used Dom Blow in PoE as my first ever build so I enjoy getting assfucked by poor initial choices much like the women who have dated and married me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Instead of adding everything to core, they could "shelve" some leagues and then bring the really popular ones back, or keep the really popular ones in core and bring back the unpopular ones, say after a years time, with more work put into them making them better and at the same time saving a shit ton of work for their live team every few leagues.

I think that unveiling needs to get revamped and rotate the smaller league content better. I think the current master system indicates that rotation of delve, betrayal, beast, and incursion isn’t happening.

Oh and also ranting on skills...some feel really fucking samey and then so many are flat out trash.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Don’t get me wrong, PoE is a fucking amazing game. It’s almost as much fun I’ve had in an online game since TBC/WoTLK era WoW. That said, the trade aspects really do not mesh with casual play and I can’t seem to get behind SSF in that game since it’s clearly not designed for it. I’ve got a bunch of shit at home going on too. Trade sometimes makes the skinnerbox aspects too apparent to me...I’ve been dabbling in higher level crafting a month too late. And it’s cool but it really just comes down to having the time to grind and playing the flip game. I’d rather just go fucking do this with actual stocks and shit.

I want to be fresh to hit POE2 with a vengeance too. I also was not a huge fan of the Sirus fight despite coming around to thinking the rest of the atlas is amazing. The game has the best ARPG endgame. Ever. Hands fucking down.

Also skills - I’ve played all but maybe 1 or 2 skills that interest me and oddly don’t have much interest in the rest.

I’ll give the captain America shit a look. I had found a guide on oathkeeper/arcanist Templar that purported to use EoR as a good starter. May still give it a shot. I mean I used Dom Blow in PoE as my first ever build so I enjoy getting assfucked by poor initial choices much like the women who have dated and married me.

Two hand physical forcewave is a really easy first build. Soldier/Necro, Soldier/Occultist or Soldier/Oathkeeper. It's really easy to farm a very good weapon in every difficulty and it'll be useable in the endgame while you wait for stonefist to drop. It's also plenty good enough to farm nemesis and skeleton key dungeons to for gear.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Started the meltycakes build. Only had an hour but game seems cool so far. Graphics arent as bad as I was expecting. Build depth seems great. Looking forward to this game since I had my fun in broke ass Wolcen.

As for PoE, it's a great aRPG but if it had some changes (namely an AH or persistent player vendor system) it would easily be GOAT.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Graphics also get better as your progress, because act1-2 were made like 6 or 7years ago, 3-4 like 4years ago, 5 2years ago and 6 last year or whatever, so you see a clear progression in the quality of the environements and monsters, especially with expansion acts having more money in them.

It's probably the worst looking ARPG out of the bigger ones(well obviously not counting D2) but looks don't really matter all that much for this type of game imo.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Started the meltycakes build. Only had an hour but game seems cool so far. Graphics arent as bad as I was expecting. Build depth seems great. Looking forward to this game since I had my fun in broke ass Wolcen.

As for PoE, it's a great aRPG but if it had some changes (namely an AH or persistent player vendor system) it would easily be GOAT.

I like PoE better overall but GD is almost as good and is much less annoying.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I just killed cthulu or whatever his name was, whats the best order to do the DLC content in after this? Or is there backtracking/farming I should do first?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I just killed cthulu or whatever his name was, whats the best order to do the DLC content in after this? Or is there backtracking/farming I should do first?

Malmouth then FG is the way it’s set up/ released. Malmouth is an immediate continuation of what you have already done. FG is a better expansion, so if you aren’t following the story at all and don’t care for Malmouth you can do that next if you want. Malmouth isn’t bad it’s just kind of boring after a while, they didn’t do a good job mixing up the visuals or the mobs. Almost everything is poison based. It’s a good change of scenery from what you just finished but I find myself burned out on it 2/3 of the way through.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Picked up the other DLC's on sale so have them all now. I lost the build of the character I started last year some time. So gotta find a new build.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Picked up the other DLC's on sale so have them all now. I lost the build of the character I started last year some time. So gotta find a new build.
The official forums tend to have fairly detailed lists of all the builds and you can check the older versions ones too which sometimes are still relevant. If you picked up Forgotten Gods you might as well make something with Oathkeeper though it works well and is nice to level with especially the whirlwind skill and the charge for movement.