Grim Dawn

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah malmouth in the beggining forest/swamp area is mostly poison, so stack yoru poisin resists. Then later when you get to the city its like 90% aether, so better stack that aether resist. There is some good bosses in malmouth to farm that drop some good set pieces though in final difficulty.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Nope. He works from home on call. So plays 40-50 hours during that time, then 30-40 hours a week on his off time, ever since I introduced it to him in 2014.

I'd have that much but about 98% of my poe playtime was on the non-steam client.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I picked up forgotten gods the other day and rolled a new char, never actually gone through the whole game. Went with purifier (inquisitor/demolitionist). I picked up demolitionist cause stun jacks looked like they'd be useful but every mob that they'd come in handy against doesn't get stunned (bosses/heroes). Is it possible to reset a class choice?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That was another thing I fucking hated. Crafting being RNG was bullshit. I remembering spending so much currency trying to get a 6L and just never getting it. Then your buddy logs on and “lol I got my 6L in four tries” while you wasted currency you spent weeks gathering. I’d be more ok with it if the % chance increased on a failure. I also remember people being burnt out spamming the crafting, get the 6L only to keep hitting the button and destroying it. Fucking dumb, should lock at 6L.

This is kinda RNG in general though. You basically described the guy who gets up at a slot machine in vegas after sinking in $1,000 on it, and some other dude rolls a $10K jackpot on his first $100.

Assuming PoE is true RNG, which I'm sure it is, your odds of trial outcomes are the same each trial. Everyone knows (or should by now) that PoE is a gigantic slot machine from every angle. Chris has even said as such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is kinda RNG in general though. You basically described the guy who gets up at a slot machine in vegas after sinking in $1,000 on it, and some other dude rolls a $10K jackpot on his first $100.

Assuming PoE is true RNG, which I'm sure it is, your odds of trial outcomes are the same each trial. Everyone knows (or should by now) that PoE is a gigantic slot machine from every angle. Chris has even said as such.

I understand, I just didn’t care for it. Crafting something should not be purely RNG imo, there’s just way too much time involved in farming for it. I don’t care for actual gambling on slots, I definitely don’t want to waste my time farming with the chance that it could literally all amount to nothing.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I understand, I just didn’t care for it. Crafting something should not be purely RNG imo, there’s just way too much time involved in farming for it. I don’t care for actual gambling on slots, I definitely don’t want to waste my time farming with the chance that it could literally all amount to nothing.

It's not really, esp with fossils. It eventually gets heavily weighted.

I get what you mean, and I'm not trying to change your mind (I don't do much crafting either). I just don't see how else (in the current poe) they could implement something with no RNG without it collapsing the general economy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I picked up forgotten gods the other day and rolled a new char, never actually gone through the whole game. Went with purifier (inquisitor/demolitionist). I picked up demolitionist cause stun jacks looked like they'd be useful but every mob that they'd come in handy against doesn't get stunned (bosses/heroes). Is it possible to reset a class choice?

Nope, once you spend points in a skill, its locked. At least from my memory.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Crafting in poe is actually pretty easy with fossil blocking, the problems comes with getting good rolls and you can use a sanctified fossil to improve that. It's still bullshit with annulling, that's the part that really fucks up stuff but you can get an imprints if something is really worth the expense. The main thing crafting is in the game is a massive currency sink. The only thing I even attempt to craft without fossils is weapons as you can hit something nice using alts, sell that and let someone else have the heartache of continuing the craft.

The golden rule in poe is never craft for yourself. If you try to craft for yourself it's so hit or miss you might as well just go map and buy it.

Also they can fuck off with the unveiling as that shit's probably the 2nd worse thing in poe after trading and if you want to craft to make currency you literally have to unveil everything for a month even with buying items.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nope, once you spend points in a skill, its locked. At least from my memory.

Alright that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Oh well, maybe demolitionist has something useful somewhere in it or i'll get to a point where the DoT's i'm using don't kill stuff and I need a dmg spell to add in.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I found a dope ass legendary sword I wanna use, but I'm short ~80 cunning to equip it. What's the best way to make that up? I've just been mass dumping physique for more HP and letting actual class allocations handle the rest, but that doesn't seem like it's gonna cut it now that I'm in the 50s?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Oh well, maybe demolitionist has something useful somewhere in it or i'll get to a point where the DoT's i'm using don't kill stuff and I need a dmg spell to add in.

There's a lady in the expansion that lets you respec skills.

You can also just cheat for full respecs if you really want.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I found a dope ass legendary sword I wanna use, but I'm short ~80 cunning to equip it. What's the best way to make that up? I've just been mass dumping physique for more HP and letting actual class allocations handle the rest, but that doesn't seem like it's gonna cut it now that I'm in the 50s?

Components can be a quick and short term fix

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

There are things you can do like gear and components, if that’s not enough base class points can make up quite a bit, or devotions.

Those are all kind of obvious but I just wanted to mention since you’re new, there are potions that allow you to respec your attributes. You get one for one of the quests at the beginning of Malmouth I believe.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also to those that are new, in this game, especiially at upper levels, this is a farming game, you farm bosses and dungeons for loot. And the way to do so is basically exit game, and reastart, and do it over. Same thing in lower levels, the bosses and dungeons can be farmed if youre lacking comonents or gear/weapons to move further. Simply exit game, re-enter, take the closest way point and farm away. good places to farm in the begining, is of course the first act boss and basically that entire zone to get there to kill the named and "star" enemies.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm only lvl 32 on my warder. I have to go back and farm some stuff to up my resists. All my elemental resist are above cap. Bleed and Aether, and chaos are low. I got a halfway decent 2hander epic but the resist are dragging along. I ignored them till I started dying pretty often. I found the build I started last year. Falcon's claw is what it is after I looked. Seems OK so far.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Another good place to farm up some gear is that one undead place, the multilevel dungeon filled with ghosts and skellies and shit. I forgot the name. And at the end you need a key to get into the way lower levels? You know the place. Bit of a run to get there, but worth.

For resists, pierce is important for start fo act 2. then chaos towards the end of act 2 when you start fighting those cultist dudes. Bleedof course if always important too. But dont foget you can craft those components to fill in areas where youre lacking too. Aether ends up being a bitch becuse the components are rare. If I remember right.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Another good place to farm up some gear is that one undead place, the multilevel dungeon filled with ghosts and skellies and shit. I forgot the name. And at the end you need a key to get into the way lower levels? You know the place. Bit of a run to get there, but worth.

For resists, pierce is important for start fo act 2. then chaos towards the end of act 2 when you start fighting those cultist dudes. Bleedof course if always important too. But dont foget you can craft those components to fill in areas where youre lacking too. Aether ends up being a bitch becuse the components are rare. If I remember right.

Think the place you're thinking of is steps of torment. It's a nice farm/xp run.

• 1Truth!