Grim Dawn

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm heading into Homestead and all the mobs seem to be +3 levels on me and I've explored every map (searching for shrines) and I think I've done all the quests. No problem killing stuff, but just on observation.

Caliane

special areas scale with you. side areas, boss areas, etc. those places will always be 2-3 levels above you.

There are also many secret areas, which I am sure you missed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm heading into Homestead and all the mobs seem to be +3 levels on me and I've explored every map (searching for shrines) and I think I've done all the quests. No problem killing stuff, but just on observation.
Most places scale with your level at a plus__ or neg __ modifier.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Another cool feature some don't pick up on...WYSIWYG. What you see is what you get, meaning a mob that is going to drop an epic sword will be wielding it, and gets it bonuses, and you can see it in their hands. I like the feature, reminds me of old Everquest.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Another cool feature some don't pick up on...WYSIWYG. What you see is what you get, meaning a mob that is going to drop an epic sword will be wielding it, and gets it bonuses, and you can see it in their hands. I like the feature, reminds me of old Everquest.
Yeah, loved that in EQ, wish Diablo, WoW and other games did this. Awesome.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Has anyone found a cheatengine/trainer that works to reset class/mastery choices? Really don't feel like leveling another toon and demonlitionist does not really work at all as a secondary for what I'm doing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone found a cheatengine/trainer that works to reset class/mastery choices? Really don't feel like leveling another toon and demonlitionist does not really work at all as a secondary for what I'm doing.
I know they exist. On the forums there's a DL for a blank level 50 with no skills selected, etc. I don't know where to get the trainer though, I've just seen people discuss them. You may be able to get info from those threads.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont see why they let you refund skill points but not tree points. I was playing a pure soldier up to a point and he seemed great, I had all the skills I wanted so I tried adding arcanist for some AOE stuff, but it felt really weak compared to soldier and now I'm stuck with a bunch of points in that tree and no abilities that I really want to pick up.

Enjoying the game, running at 2550X1440 and it looks good but quest text is small and I'm 45 so I can't see small letters on screen for a damn. Is there a way to scale the UI?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I dont see why they let you refund skill points but not tree points. I was playing a pure soldier up to a point and he seemed great, I had all the skills I wanted so I tried adding arcanist for some AOE stuff, but it felt really weak compared to soldier and now I'm stuck with a bunch of points in that tree and no abilities that I really want to pick up.

Enjoying the game, running at 2550X1440 and it looks good but quest text is small and I'm 45 so I can't see small letters on screen for a damn. Is there a way to scale the UI?
Sure is! It is called UI scale under options.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Immersion runs high in this I would definitely recommend getting it esp for 15$

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got my first "epic" purple item last night, unfortunately it is 10 levels higher than my character at 58 and a spellbook so totally useless for my 2hander shaman but was good to see.

Caliane

epic is blue, legendary is purple just fyi.

Also, dang you have bad luck. I have 7 or 8 purples at 57. 2 of which came pre 50.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My druid has only gotten legendary boots for a pierce/poison nightblade and some xbow I'll likely never find a use for either. No luck with Empowered items either. I had good luck in the 40's and my sheet dps is like 2400, so I hope not having luck with the 58+ stuff won't hurt me too bad in Elite.

I'm finding recipes/blueprints pretty irritating as I get close to 60. Vengeful Wraiths are impossible to farm, but simple to craft -- if you can find the blueprint, which... is also impossible to farm. Sigh. And I've gotten several relic blueprint dupes, including Infernos from both of the quests I've done for a relic BP when I already had it as a drop, but I still don't have Squall at all.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This is another textbook example of why I'll never back anything on any kickstarter-like site.

I even emailed their support, months ago, then the game was well playable. Hell it may have been a year ago.

I kickstarter backed the version of the game that didn't include alpha access, but included two copies of the game for $45. What that equates to is missing the forever-alpha version of the game for the last ~2 years (or more) up through present day. I STILL can't use the $45 version of the game that I backed.

Now that the game is in it's current state, which is playable, you can get THREE copies of the game for the same dollars.

If you fund anything early on you just get fucked. What a waste of time and money. To add insult to injury, this project took so long and is so late that I don't even have a PC to play it on now that it can actually be played.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hows endgame difficulty and general replayability?
I don't really min/max so I may not be the best to answer this. I'm only in the second difficulty with my main character and am finding it much more challenging than Normal.

Replayability for me has been huge as I like farming in ARPGs and rolling new builds. The game itself is not randomized however, so you are playing through the same map every time. With that said though the map is pretty damn big, so hasn't been an issue for me but may be for others. Also, they are releasing full mod tools soon so that will add a potentially huge amount of new content if you're into mods.

Citz

Silver Squire
The game seems to be well balanced in the early levels at least. I can think of any kind of builds and just go with it based on the available skills/devotion points.

I've been trying a 2h-ranged pierce-based build and I've been doing good so far in veteran. I know I will need more survivability in the long run though (playing HC).

As for randomization, the maps are not random but the blocking points seems to be semi-randomized. Also, some "secret" dungeons/cave entrances (not on the minimap) are semi-randomized.