Grim Dawn

Citz

Silver Squire
Unfortunately, your characters are saved on your computer so eventually, I'm assuming a lot of people will be cheating.

Multiplayer is not too bad but population is still a bit low for a healthy player base. There are still some sync issues sometimes. Also, the game scales up considerably in difficulty as player joins.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Picked the game up, time to pick two horribly non-synergistic classes without reading anything and miss-allocate all my points!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought they fixed the Devotion exploit(?). I was just able to buy 1 red at crossroads to start Viper, then complete it to get 2 red/3 blue and refund the crossroads point leaving Viper to effectively unlock itself.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This is another textbook example of why I'll never back anything on any kickstarter-like site.

I even emailed their support, months ago, then the game was well playable. Hell it may have been a year ago.

I kickstarter backed the version of the game that didn't include alpha access, but included two copies of the game for $45. What that equates to is missing the forever-alpha version of the game for the last ~2 years (or more) up through present day. I STILL can't use the $45 version of the game that I backed.

Now that the game is in it's current state, which is playable, you can get THREE copies of the game for the same dollars.

If you fund anything early on you just get fucked. What a waste of time and money. To add insult to injury, this project took so long and is so late that I don't even have a PC to play it on now that it can actually be played.
Sucks but I thank you for supporting them early so we have the game we have now.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is another textbook example of why I'll never back anything on any kickstarter-like site.

I even emailed their support, months ago, then the game was well playable. Hell it may have been a year ago.

I kickstarter backed the version of the game that didn't include alpha access, but included two copies of the game for $45. What that equates to is missing the forever-alpha version of the game for the last ~2 years (or more) up through present day. I STILL can't use the $45 version of the game that I backed.

Now that the game is in it's current state, which is playable, you can get THREE copies of the game for the same dollars.

If you fund anything early on you just get fucked. What a waste of time and money. To add insult to injury, this project took so long and is so late that I don't even have a PC to play it on now that it can actually be played.
I hear you, I backed on KS and damn it has been a long wait. I am a Kickstarter addict and I have backed a lot of stuff that winds up on steam early release and I see the pricing as a definite trend, it is not Grim Dawn only. I have paid more for the KS in every case and would be better off financially waiting for it to just hit Steam. But then there is the fact that if you and I and everybody else hadn't kickstarted these guys, the game may have never been released so it is hard to complain too much. At least this Kickstarter game is well worth playing and I'll be getting my $25 worth out of it for sure.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Duo'ing with a friend, and I read about how later we have to make a faction choice of death vigil or kymon chosen. Will there be problems for us duo'ing if we decide to side with different factions? If it's just a single side quest or something we can't group for, whatever, but if it's a major factor in endgame play, I'd like to know before we get too far on these characters.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I will have to reinstall this at some point. I just got a bit bored at level 11ish when I realized the 'gun' tree isn't really and I would have to restart.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Played a pure demolitionist to 22 in one sitting just now. Reminds me a little of Hellgate London.

Not sure I will add a second class. Only died twice so far and melting mobs but the higher levels might get trickier requiring me to add in some survivability. All the blue gear I get is not useful for me of course.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Having not really read any of the skill trees or anything I picked occultist/demolitionist just cause they looked cool and it's uhhhh, awful? I can find exactly 0 synergies between the two (it's like exactly split with poison/vit/chaos in occult, and fire/elemental in demo) and wind up just using the curse from occult and every toggle buff from demo and doing nothing but spamming fireballs from a component I made. Been doing this for 35 levels now. Really wish to shit they'd led you repick your mastery.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, gave this one a go - did shaman, kind of fun with the insect swarms and lightning and such.

Anyone got any tips on the crafting stuff ? Adding it to gear seems pointless because of how fast you replace it, but I am not sure if the early craft items are worth anything in the long run - hoard or use ?

Caliane

you get a crap ton of components. don't worry about "wasting" anything. especially if its not a "rare" component. (itll say.) Polished emerald with raw stats always good to throw at items.
Augments, make an item "soulbound", and can be added in addition to components.

you can place components into an item at any time. 1/4. then add additional pieces, to complete. (or at least you could, haven't tried lately.)
REMOVING components however, requires the inventor. And you can either destroy the item, or destroy the component.

Caliane

Having not really read any of the skill trees or anything I picked occultist/demolitionist just cause they looked cool and it's uhhhh, awful? I can find exactly 0 synergies between the two (it's like exactly split with poison/vit/chaos in occult, and fire/elemental in demo) and wind up just using the curse from occult and every toggle buff from demo and doing nothing but spamming fireballs from a component I made. Been doing this for 35 levels now. Really wish to shit they'd led you repick your mastery.
several directions you can go.

Occultist has pets.
Demo flamed touched adds to your and pet attack and retaliation. Stunjacks can chain stun, letting them work. flashbang. use demo to CC, with occult pets killing.

or, soliels witchfire adds chaos, etc to attacks. firestrike is an attack. use the two focusing on phys damage guns/rifles/xbows. Possession/curse of fraility.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
especially if its not a "rare" component.
Mostly true, but some "common" components are ungodly fucking rare. Generally they are ones that can be made from a blueprint, but if the blueprint is also an extremely rare drop that's of little consolation.

Also remember that some of the really common ones can be crafted into other/better components easily with just the default blacksmith recipes. For instance, if you're playing a pet build, you should collect 4 mutagenic ichors (completed ones, so 12 parts) and craft a complete Venom-tipped Ammo as soon as you hit level 20. Slap that on your offhand and you can now cast a skill that will proc Shepherd's Call (which should be your first devotion). Or if you're a lightning shaman/druid, an amber in your weapon is a hell of a lot better than the cracked lodestone it's made from.

Caliane

Mostly true, but some "common" components are ungodly fucking rare. Generally they are ones that can be made from a blueprint, but if the blueprint is also an extremely rare drop that's of little consolation.

Also remember that some of the really common ones can be crafted into other/better components easily with just the default blacksmith recipes. For instance, if you're playing a pet build, you should collect 4 cracked lodestones (completed ones, so 12 parts) and craft a complete Venom-tipped Ammo as soon as you hit level 20. Slap that on your offhand and you can now cast a skill that will proc Shepherd's Call (which should be your first devotion). Or if you're a lightning shaman/druid, an amber in your weapon is a hell of a lot better than the cracked lodestone it's made from.
yeah. or like my arcanist has a coldstone on my weapon.

Coldstone - Grim Dawn Wiki - Wikia
this gives chill aura skill. A toggle aura. Which gives +5 cold damage to attacks. +25% cold damage. and a %slow proc.
Applys to me and friendly nps/pets.

Which leads to another more.. complex game mechanic.

spells vs attacks. Spells will get that +25% cold damage bonus. but not the flat cold damage, or the % proc. That only applies to weapon attacks. This is for just about everything. Devotions are the only thing, where % to attack will actually effect spells.
I am not 100% sure on % of phys spells..