Grim Dawn

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
%hp damage doesn't do much to heroes or bosses from what I understand.

Crazily

N00b
I had to take damage absorb aura in Arcanist because I started dying a little to often around 35, though I am playing veteran.

Vorph

Had to? That aura is whole reason most people take Arcanist at all.
biggrin.png

velk

Trakanon Raider
I am Aracanist/soldier, only taking 1 point per level into soldier and doing basline + health passive, 1 point into blitz for movement, everything else into aoe/aetheray in arcanist and I blitz aroudn AOE bombing everything. I am 33 and able to kill 35-37 (37 with a few deaths).
I did a level 21 secret area at 14 with shaman - I was kind of surprised to find that the exp you get for that is way worse than just killing regular stuff. Got a really good sword off the last boss, which is sadly useless for a shaman ;p

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So where can I go to farm some gear at like level 40? I'm still wearing tons of shit that is like level 15 and my survivability has absolutely tanked to the point I'm getting oneshot by a lot of named now.

Is there a list someplace of which areas scale to your level that I can maybe do a few runs through?

Also, anyone know the math on how important the generic offense/defense stats are? Should I be prioritizing those more than I am? And what is the "elemental" damage type, does that cover all of fire/lightning/ice, or is it something else?

Vorph

All areas have x-y level scaling. I'm not at home to verify but I'd probably try the area east of prospector's trail gate for level 40ish stuff.

OA is the strongest stat by a mile. You need a decent amount of the correct %dmg for the skill(s) you use most but since it is additive every point of it is less valuable than the last. You also need as much crit dmg as you can get too, to make the crits from OA stronger.

Elemental damage is fire/cold/electric, but not burn/frostburn/electrocute.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Now i know why i don't play these addictive fucking games! Been sick so i messed around last night and today. I got a arc/sol to 23 but was an idiot on master points on sol etc and didn't like it so rolled the shaman/sol. He was raping at 23 but i rerolled a a pure arc and went full pob AE + Ray of doom. Pretty care walk up to lvl 30 but i can see where it might be abit dangerous and my mind kept thinking hmmm my shaman was powerful but what could i do to even get MORE damage (wtf Turbo, he was doing 2k+ hits already...). So...i thought hmm Shaman primal strike build + arc meteor build with all + lightening gear i can find. So i'm currently lvl 12 (so fun using twink gear). Need to be like lvl 18-20 before i get my build online where i can rotate between meteors and primal strike to see it in full effect but i think i can blow up any boss so fast with that combo. I have a lvl 17 blue axe that is just insane so can't wait for that. Plus i still can get arc immune shield.

I just didn't like the arc ray being prone to getting interrupted. Sad i've rolled 4 characters now and they were combo's of the same 3 classes hah. Fun game indeed.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I did a level 21 secret area at 14 with shaman - I was kind of surprised to find that the exp you get for that is way worse than just killing regular stuff. Got a really good sword off the last boss, which is sadly useless for a shaman ;p
Velk - Are you talking about that prison area in the SE part of the map that you need a key to get into? A few star mobs int here right? On my first play through i went in there at lvl 11 and got sick of zerging the one lvl 21 guy who fucking is like 10 X as most normal star mobs (killed the other star mobs in there with just a death or 2 but door locks on you on that one bad ass guy). If so do you remember how you got the key? I've played thru 3 times since and never have got it again to go down there
frown.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Rerolled into a 2h ranged demo/soldier. Just autoattack and it aoes. Not sure how well my damage will keep up at later levels.

Pet build was boring so I'm now also trying a pox occultist/shaman, eventually into doombolt. It kills large groups very quickly, but if they touch you (especially a hardhitting boss) you blow up. Pox makes them hit harder and speeds them up so they can keep up with your kiting. Might have to invest in a slow at some point. I wish i could make pox explode on death and lifesteal for an ultimate lifesteal build (swarm, totem, lifesteal circle). Once I get higher I'll have to see what works out. %health damage just seems OP to me and should always scale well.
Keep in mind that % damage is a % of their existing health so as the mob dies it is taking less and less HP away. It's not as OP as it seems to be.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The key is a random drop from cultists.
Yeah, two of them dropped from the cultist guys outside the locked door. That end boss is kind of crazy there yeah - not enough to have ludicrous hp and near instant kill ground aoe, but also has to have pets that debuff and snare ;p

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok well i give kudo's to anyone who beat that secret area on vet, i went vet this reroll and hadn't noticed too much of a difficulty increase (do you get better gear drops or whats the point of vet?) but holy fuck that last boss in there is insane. I am lvl 17 and killed all the other bosses in there with only 1 death but the last guy jfc melts me before i can even get any damage out. Me thinks i will come back.

Vorph

The drops are much better on veteran. Unfortunately elite seems just as shitty as normal, in terms of how often epics and legendaries drop from heroes.

And generally-speaking you're not intended to complete the secret areas in act 1 that scale to level+5 all the way to the 40s the first time you come across them. I'd especially avoid the ones with one-shot chests in them, nothing worse than wasting a guaranteed epic drop at L18 when you could get a L40 item instead.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
The drops are much better on veteran. Unfortunately elite seems just as shitty as normal, in terms of how often epics and legendaries drop from heroes.

And generally-speaking you're not intended to complete the secret areas in act 1 that scale to level+5 all the way to the 40s the first time you come across them. I'd especially avoid the ones with one-shot chests in them, nothing worse than wasting a guaranteed epic drop at L18 when you could get a L40 item instead.
Thanks, pretty new to the game still and just jumped in without researching. Which chests are the "guraneteed" epic ones? Supreme/Heroic? Or?

Caliane

All areas have x-y level scaling. I'm not at home to verify but I'd probably try the area east of prospector's trail gate for level 40ish stuff.

OA is the strongest stat by a mile. You need a decent amount of the correct %dmg for the skill(s) you use most but since it is additive every point of it is less valuable than the last. You also need as much crit dmg as you can get too, to make the crits from OA stronger.

Elemental damage is fire/cold/electric, but not burn/frostburn/electrocute.
Kindof hate crit because OA is so valuable.
100% hit rate, 40% crit vs trash.. find a boss? 1-2% crit, 80% chance to hit..
same then applies to %proc on crit devotion skills.

Vorph

Which chests are the "guraneteed" epic ones? Supreme/Heroic? Or?
They are called Exalted Stash. Plus a few others like Warden and Karroz chests, and the 'monster hoard' in act 1 Festering Lair.

Supreme and heroic are safe to loot.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dammit, shit like that makes me unhappy 8(
Yeah, they are all safe to loot, don't worry about it. There is nothing that comes from the one shot chests that doesn't drop elsewhere.