Grim Dawn

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Probably need to refund your entire spec like I did and try something different. Pick one MAYBE two elements and just stack gear/skills to the teeth in favor of it. I'm running almost exclusively pyromancer atm (like 10 points in occultist) and stuff just melts instantly between fire strike/molotov/mortors/passives and the weapon skills I have.

Also weapon skills are suuuuuper good and really important. Finding a weapon with a chance to proc a skill makes a pretty big difference, as almost all those procs are crazy high damage.

And your devotion, by that level you should have close to 20 points, which is enough to get a really, really good skill out of one of the devotion constellations to tie to your main spam skill. I use fissure atm from the southwest area (archmage or something constellation?) and it's basically a 15% chance every attack to just delete every enemy on the screen.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This game is really really good. I thought I was over ARPG's after Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, but this game has sucked me in with a couple of my buds. It has a remarkable amount of content. Also, I think I don't mind one hand crafted map when its this big and detailed. Randomized tree stump patterns seem to be overrated in favor of interesting terrain.

Also, putting shit that's just fun and being less worried about balance (in a PvE game) is what I remember. Unique skills, ridiculous combinations, 10 different damage types or whatever the fuck. Shit is amazing.

I've played only with the steam controller.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I finally got enough devotion for the necromancer skill (raise undead). Kind of underwhelming. Gonna play around with it and level it up some. Wish I could put it on some other skills.

Caliane

So what's the "endgame" for this? Anything like D3 Rifts/PoE maps?
not really. just farm bosses/side areas/nemesis bosses. The faction system is their endgame sortof I suppose.
there are two dungeons. Which are 3-4 levels, where you can not rift gate out of, until you beat it or, are dead. these require keys to enter, so take a little work to farm. Crafted at the blacksmith.

ps. Grimcalc's Devotion calc is added in now. WIP still though.

Arcanist Build for Grim Dawn - Grim Calc - Grim Dawn Skill Calculator

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My spellbreaker is shredding the dps currently. The way I built it is I use phantasmal blades as a delivery mechanic, but I focus almost entirely on cold damage. Coldstone weapon enchant,rhowari sceptre(converts my physical dam to cold), deathchill relic (with the aura), nether edge passive. Basically just tons of flat added cold damage from gear/passives. Then you wear +% cold damage on most of your gear slots and devotions. Tsunami devotion linked to blade spirit and blizzard from amatok devotion linked to phantasmal blades. To buff the dps even further, you use viper devotion + nightchill aura to double stack cold penetration.

Rest of the build / devotion involves survival and stacking OA. From devotion you have scales of ulcama, chariot of the dead, and behemoth to give you a bunch of self healing, and phantasmal blades has life leech builtin to the skill already as well. Then your typical defensive stuff like maivens, empty throne, crane, mirror, etc.

Very happy with my build in elite. Hoping it stays on track into ultimate!
How do you sustain the energy requirements of PB from level 1-67? My spellbreaker is in the mid-20's and I'm just constantly chugging potions the moment they come off cooldown. I'm sure it's fantastic at L68-85 with a full set of Clairvoyant stuff (I've seen Ninetrix's stream) but at low levels it's a godawful slog. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, my druid gives no fucks about energy at all so I never had to deal with regening it before.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How do you sustain the energy requirements of PB from level 1-67? My spellbreaker is in the mid-20's and I'm just constantly chugging potions the moment they come off cooldown. I'm sure it's fantastic at L68-85 with a full set of Clairvoyant stuff (I've seen Ninetrix's stream) but at low levels it's a godawful slog. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, my druid gives no fucks about energy at all so I never had to deal with regening it before.
Only bring phantasmal blades up to rank 8, and same for heartseeker (so 8/8/12). Rank 8 is where you get the 4th blade per throw of PB, and you don't get the final blade until maxing it out at rank 16. The dps gain for those last 8 points is extremely minor, but the mana cost more than doubles going from rank 8 to rank 16. You also want rank 5 mental alacrity, and afocusing prismslotted into your necklace, giving you -25% mana cost reduction. Rank 8 PB with -25% mana cost is pretty easy to sustain with the various other sourses of energy leech and regen from the spec.

Caliane

If anyone has any epic or legendary items they want others to look out for/trade, post what you want, I'll keep an eye out.
I'm looking for "the clairvoyant", and most skill cooldown reduc items.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
As a followup to my previous post, you probably shouldn't be casting at your level anyway Volph. I leveled my spellbreaker as a generic dual wield nightblade for the first ~35 levels. Level 35 is when you can take all the good stuff for casting, which is a great time to swap over. With about ~14 point respecced from a DW nightblade, your spellbreaker tree at lvl 35 should looksomething like this.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tome of Names is the #1 thing I'm looking for, followed by all the Clairvoyant stuff. Peerless Eye of Beronath and Eye of the Storm.

Only bring phantasmal blades up to rank 8, and same for heartseeker (so 8/8/12). Rank 8 is where you get the 4th blade per throw of PB, and you don't get the final blade until maxing it out at rank 16. The dps gain for those last 8 points is extremely minor, but the mana cost more than doubles going from rank 8 to rank 16. You also want rank 5 mental alacrity, and afocusing prismslotted into your necklace, giving you -25% mana cost reduction. Rank 8 PB with -25% mana cost is pretty easy to sustain with the various other sourses of energy leech and regen from the spec.
Thanks, I'll try swapping some stuff around. Really didn't want to drop to normal just so things would die in less throws, since veteran is trivial as long as I actually have energy.

As a followup to my previous post, you probably shouldn't be casting at your level anyway Volph. I leveled my spellbreaker as a generic dual wield nightblade for the first ~35 levels. Level 35 is when you can take all the good stuff for casting, which is a great time to swap over. With about ~14 point respecced from a DW nightblade, your spellbreaker tree at lvl 35 should looksomething like this.
Ah, ok. That's what I had to do with the druid too (Primal Strike for like 40 levels), didn't really think about whether it would be a good idea for spellbreaker as well.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So wtf I just bought this from their website for 24.99 and then I see on steam it's 14.99...

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Good value game. I really like it.

This canister skill is just a tad OP. My god it's wiping the floor with mobs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good value game. I really like it.

This canister skill is just a tad OP. My god it's wiping the floor with mobs.
Every skill kinda does that if you dump all your points into it, but then it stops scaling as fast once you're maxed. Apparently lategame it's garbage, as is most of the demo tree, but that's just what I read quickly. They'll do a large balance patch before the official release, so stuff should be better then, atm lategame seems kinda weird in terms of balance.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Has anyone unlocked the meteor shower divination proc yet? I'm looking to see how good it is.

I'm now 50/50 Shaman/Occ. There is a level 50 skill that gives Pets attack speed that I'm going after atm.

Here's what it kind of looks like, not exact with all the point totals.Grim Calc - Grim Dawn Skill Calculator

I'm working with Oswalt's Revolver with a lighting bolt proc on attack and my pets seem to proc it? So I'm going with pet speed attacks. I'm also using a lot of lightning based attacks so I'm buffing that as well as a shaman. It in turn buffs the procs that I get. Two abilities I'm looking to max right now:

Occult Manipulation - +Dmg +Spd for pets
Shaman Embolden Roar - +Offense +Total Damage % (aura for all)

I need a lightning/electrucute damage for my LMB. I'm currently using the poison bomb but I can't seem to find another decent ranged attack to slot in my offhand. I have lightning nova, but that's a small AOE attack from melee range. I don't want to waste points on Savagery.

I'm just messing around with points now, not sure what to max first, most of the abilities don't seem to ramp up much with points. I'm inclined to what gives me scaling %s which is the two skills I listed above. I'm also considering the shaman buff to lightning damage too.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So wtf, I just hit level 2, picked the Nightblade class, put skill points into 2 abilities and I can't use them. Like they don't appear on my skill bar and I can't drag them to it or anything.

Edit* Nevermind, just figured out I have to right click the skill bar to add a skill to it. Weird.