Grooming Hair and Facial Hair thread

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I couldn’t find an existing thread, maybe I’m blind, but I thought a thread for hair style and facial hair advice would be beneficial.

So, anyone know a good beard/moustache trimmer for line detailing? One that leaves behind minimal, if any, stubble?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Along with this, any recommendations for a body hair groomer?

I have a set of full-size Wahl clippers, but they were meant for actual haircutting and not for other parts of the body.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Along with this, any recommendations for a body hair groomer?

I have a set of full-size Wahl clippers, but they were meant for actual haircutting and not for other parts of the body.
I’ve been getting something like this for 10 or so years and it works fine. I rarely go full clean shaven, just trim with no guard and let it grow for a week or 2, repeat. I basically have no hair on my torso to trim, but will use it to keep shit in check around my junk.

NEW Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 5000 18 Piece, Beard Face, Hair, Body and Intimate Hair Trimmer for Men - NO BLADE OIL MG5910/49 https://a.co/d/hI1rVaP

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I use a Philips Norelco multigroom 7000 and also no guard. Its not a close shave so if one does not want any stubble, this aint it, and they would need to get a safety razor. As for making shit look precise and neat, thats all skill. For the balls, I use Manscaped lawn mower 3.0. It does the trick well.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I use a Wahl Peanut. My wife hates daily sandpaper stubble but my beard is pathetic so I keep it long enough to be softer but short enough not to look like I'm trying too hard - #1 on the face about every 5 days. It's a small form factor so it works fine for other areas.

• 1Solidarity

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I use a Wahl (model 9864) for the lines and a safety razor to clean it up. Harry's post shave balm.

I just do what this guys does to shape it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I use a Wahl (model 9864) for the lines and a safety razor to clean it up. Harry's post shave balm.

I just do what this guys does to shape it.

The Harry's balm is good, but for those that care, bear in mind Edgewell is Unilever levels of bad politically (they unfortunately also own Cremo and Jack Black).

Barrister and Mann is expensive, but they're an apolitical small business. Proraso Sensitive is also good.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Harry's balm is good, but for those that care, bear in mind Edgewell is Unilever levels of bad politically (they unfortunately also own Cremo and Jack Black).

Barrister and Mann is expensive, but they're an apolitical small business. Proraso Sensitive is also good.
According to wiki, Edgewell was blocked from purchasing Harry's, Inc. by the FTC in 2020 and is still independent.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
According to wiki, Edgewell was blocked from purchasing Harry's, Inc. by the FTC in 2020 and is still independent.

Looks like you're right and my source was either misinformed or out of date. Regardless, both appear to be pretty bad.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a philips multigroom beard and body trimmer with a variety of attachments. I also have a manscapper thats just for the the bits. It's waterproof with a built in led light that's perfect for using in the shower. I like that you can get replacement blades for it.

My wife even uses it and said she's never going to use a razor "down there" again. Bonus points for letting me trim her up sometimes in the shower.

• 1Like