Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The problem with Dredd was more than marketing, it had a horrible release date stuck in between competition of all types. Resident Evil: Retribution and Finding Nemo 3D released the week before, End of Watch and Trouble with the Curve opened the same week, Looper and Hotel Transylvania came the week after, Taken 2 and Frankenweenie after that.
And dredd was better than all of those films. Dredd had like $20 set aside for marketing. That killed it all by itself

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah Dredd got raped by marketing, but ah well.
Sucks cause they wanted to do more, and Urban was on board.

They should have considered a TV series, because really it was Urban that made that movie awesome.
Those guys who produced Spartacus could have handled that easily.

Caliane

Yeah Dredd got raped by marketing, but ah well.
Sucks cause they wanted to do more, and Urban was on board.

They should have considered a TV series, because really it was Urban that made that movie awesome.
Those guys who produced Spartacus could have handled that easily.
almost human is getting canceled too.

Caliane

I agree, if you look at his profile video he looks way better in motion then in the still shots. Same thing for Gamora imho.

Also I'm glad they went with the old school Rocket proportions vs that Chibi version they currently have.
I never liked that super tiny version.

Next trailer will have Nova Prime, Roan the Accuser, and Yondu according to Gunn
90% of artists apparently don't know what a Raccoon looks like.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Must say, and I'm sure I'm in the minority because it is due to playing Rocket in Marvel Heroes, I find his lack of accent bothersome.

j00t

Same here. And I know Bradley cooper can pull off his accent... Oh well

spronk

FPS noob
not cancelled yet but ratings are just ok and costs have to be high with two big stars in it

for anyone else like me who has no clue who these guardian people are, i saw this on reddit as a nice little backgrounder
Guardians of the Galaxy? - Imgur

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Holy hell at this summer

Captain america
Guardians of the galaxy
How to train your dragon
Godzilla
Xmen
TransformersWon't see it until reviews are out. Bad reviews, won't see.
300Could care less, looks like a bad sequel.
Trancendence
Need for speed
Budapest hotel
Ninja turtlesReally, do you seriously think Michael Bay is going to do justice to them?
Sin city
Million ways to die in the west
Edge of tomorrow
21 jump street
Spiderman
Planet of the apes
ExpendablesHaven't seen the first ones so won't see this.
NoahEh, don't think I'm up to seeing this fiction story with a bunch of creationists.
Still some decent stuff. Lots of comic movies, four of which are Marvel, Godzilla, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Maleficent, it could be a good summer.

Homsar

Still some decent stuff. Lots of comic movies, four of which are Marvel, Godzilla, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Maleficent, it could be a good summer.
I was just naming off most of the big budget movies. As for tranformers, Shai is gone but its probable going to rape grimmlock, and michael bay isnt directing ninja turtles. Also why is everyone hyped up about maleficent?

Homsar

I have little faith in Singer especially after hearing about the changes to Beast ect. Really wish Vaughn would have stayed on, will watch anything he directs

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
2 are Marvel(Captain America, GOTG). 2 more are Marvel comic properties but not Marvel movies. X-Men there's some reason to hope. Spider-Man is going to be fucking atrocious.
Sorry that's what I meant. 4 are using Marvel heroes.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Vin recently mentioned that he'd seen an early cut of the film and that he was pretty much blown away by it. I have a feeling this is going to end up like Riddick, where it doesn't do that well in theaters but kills on DVD sales. Then again, the combination of Science Fiction and Marvel might pull a lot of people into the seats. I sure as shit know I'm going to be there.