Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Something about letting the dog lick him and it's disgusting.

edit: Err don't mind the late reply. I guess I hadn't refreshed this tab.

Cybsled

My theater was full of comic nerds...Stan Lee got clapping and Howard the Duck got some epic laughs. Some 7 year old near my seat was asking his dad "What was so funny?".

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took the wife, she loved it. Best movie we've seen in forever.

Taking my son on Thursday or Friday. He's pretty excited, tonight he wanted to know all about Thanos before bed.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best Star Wars sence Empire.

Not as good as Avengers but close.

Now that they have shown there fully capable of making a live action version of Planet Hulk they need to do that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well hopefully they exile Hulk to space after Avengers 2 so we can get a Planet Hulk, the other good storyline is Future Imperfect.

rrr_img_72908.jpg

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the recap...I think.
Yeah...I just looked at her dumbfounded when she said she didn't like it. She said it dragged out too long and that she didn't like Bradley Cooper. She wouldn't even have known it was him if she hadn't seen his name at the beginning. Her favorite part was that there was an actor from The Walking Dead in it. Oh, and the music, and some parts with Groot. She then posted on facebook asking if she was the only person that didn't like it...and everyone told her that she was, so she kinda dropped it in that way girls do.

Anyway, yeah...I don't think we'll be watching many more movies together.
I'd say it's time to drop your GF.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No shit, she couldn't even be bothered to stay 3 minutes so you could see the after credit scene? Seems kinda shitty on her part.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's nice that she came to see it with you in the first place, but it's really shitty of her for making her distaste of the movie known to you the entire time. I don't know how much of this she was doing, but snide comments like "ugh... really?" during scenes that you actually like, is detrimental to your experience as a whole. Just tell her that you would rather watch movies that you're looking forward to without her due entirely to the comments. She'll get pissed off at first, but too bad. You have the right to enjoy your extracurricular activities without having to constantly look over and see if you're allowed to like something.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How does the comixology app work? Do you purchase the comics through those people somehow? Or does it work with stuff you've purchased/downloaded from Marvel themselves?
In your account for Comixology you can sync it to Marvel so you can view Marvel purchases and all other comics in just the Comixology app. Hoping this functionality sticks around and the app continues to improve (they just announced a DRM free initiative with some publishers) now that they were purchased by Amazon.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
frabz-bitch-please-stop-moaning-624278.jpg

I do all sorts of stupid shit with my girl that I don't like but I suck it up and act like I am enjoying it because it is important to her. If you end up going, the least you can do is fake it or else why bother even going. You are taking something that the other person likes and shitting all over it. She like this movie but I guarentee she doesn't "like" doing some of my geeky shit, and I sure as well don't like shopping or going scrap booking with her, but you suck it up and fake it.

(Jumps off his soap box)

Djay

Trakanon Raider
She lives in another state and it's more of a friend with benefits type thing, so I just made a quick judgment call and decided it wasn't worth sticking around if she was really frustrated sitting there.

It's nice that she came to see it with you in the first place, but it's really shitty of her for making her distaste of the movie known to you the entire time. I don't know how much of this she was doing, but snide comments like "ugh... really?" during scenes that you actually like, is detrimental to your experience as a whole. Just tell her that you would rather watch movies that you're looking forward to without her due entirely to the comments. She'll get pissed off at first, but too bad. You have the right to enjoy your extracurricular activities without having to constantly look over and see if you're allowed to like something.
No, she was actually good during the movie. I found out all of that stuff afterwards. She was getting her stuff together right when it ended and I told her there's usually stuff after the credits and that's when the dancing started, so she waited. After that ended is when I asked her if she liked the movie and she said, "No...can we go now?" or something to that effect. During the film, I noticed she was not laughing as much as other people and her bathroom break was at a weird time in the movie, but other than that...she did nothing to ruin my experience, which I appreciated. Because I have had movies in the past ruined because the girl next to me was throwing a fit the entire time.

It's pretty much all moot. I don't understand how she could not like that movie, but she did sit through it and not complain until it was over and I asked her what her thoughts were. Not much more I can ask for in that situation.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
When Rocket sends Starlord to get the guy's prosthetic leg

I haven't laughed so hard during a movie in a long time.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm

"...And that guy's eye."

I even laughed at the second one.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Definitely got more laughs out of me than any other Marvel movie. I still put it behind Avengers, Iron Man 1, Thor 2, and Captain America 2, but it's all close and really just about style preference. It still counts as another point in the "Marvel Trust Bucket" for me. They have so much goodwill at this point, that every movie for the next 3 years are first weekend theatre viewings for me...and I almost never go to the theatre anymore. I have no interest in Black Panther and I'll still be there for it because I know they'll make me like that movie. Hell, they did it to me with The Winter Soldier. I hate the Captain America character and it's one of my favorites.
Speaking of which, I need to order the Blu-Ray for that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You still can't order the blu-ray on amazon for whatever reason. You can order it from Target if you want. Release date is September 9th.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Weird...that must be why I haven't ordered it yet. Stuff like that usually pops up on my Amazon recommendations.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I have no interest in Black Panther and I'll still be there for it because I know they'll make me like that movie.
I didn't have any interest in Black Panther either but then we watched the animated Ultimate Avengers 2 on Netflix one night. I was always under the impression that he was a batman ripoff and maybe he is... But the idea that his home country/kingdom sits on a meteor made of Vibrainium is pretty cool.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm

There's one more thing I need. I need that guys eye.

Had the whole audiance laughing on the floor.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Up until Act 3 this was the best marvel movie they've made so far. Act 3 wasn't even that bad, it just didn't have that epic pay-off of Avengers or Winter Soldier.

Great flick, worth seeing, just an inch off the bulls-eye.