Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Up until Act 3 this was the best marvel movie they've made so far. Act 3 wasn't even that bad, it just didn't have that epic pay-off of Avengers or Winter Soldier.

Great flick, worth seeing, just an inch off the bulls-eye.
By epic payoff you mean the entire Chitari army dying when Iron Man sends the nuke at the mothership or that the professor, while under mind control, built in a safety device to interact with Loki's staff or that the mothership had 0 protection from a fucking missle?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like the Avengers and it certainly had a better cast, but really this movie is superior to it. Better pacing, better humor, better action, and (it pains me to say this as a Whedon Dick Rider) better dialog. Both are good movies, cut from the same cloth, but this one is just simply more fun.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
chris pratt is the new jennifer lawrence. dude was living in a van

It was while living out of a van, and working as a waiter at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Maui, where he was noticed by actress and director Rae Dawn Chong (ironically the daughter of Tommy Chong, who knows a thing or two about living for weed). Then and there he was given an opportunity to act in a small time movie called Cursed Part 3: Pratt's first big break in showbiz.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the movie was ok. Pacing was too hurried as they tried to fit an origin story along with a mcguffin plot line. The jokes fell flat most of the time (jackson pollock reference? uggh). And Chris Pratt really doesn't have much of a screen presence. He's good lookin' and all but just not heroic, looks a bit too boyish. Never read the newer Gotg comic, so not sure how close he is to the books. Special effects were nice but a bit tiring after a while. Needed more plot.

spronk

FPS noob
uQ3ozJp.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My only problem with the big climax is how small they focused. It's a planet killing weapon but the entire fight is focused on one city. Which is fine for the actual action but it detracts a bit from the feel of the threat.

But that's such a minor nitpick.

Starlord Tina would be amazing. And just looking at the picture I can hear Jon Benjamin saying "I Am Bob".

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I bet you are a lot of fun to be around.
Those seem like the kinds of things people are going to nitpick about the movie two years later like people are doing with Avengers now. He's just ahead of the curve.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
You should pass off your girlfriend to Mix as they seem like the perfect couple.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
By epic payoff you mean the entire Chitari army dying when Iron Man sends the nuke at the mothership or that the professor, while under mind control, built in a safety device to interact with Loki's staff or that the mothership had 0 protection from a fucking missle?
avengers-approved.jpg

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Those seem like the kinds of things people are going to nitpick about the movie two years later like people are doing with Avengers now. He's just ahead of the curve.
We were nitpicking about The Avengers gaping plot holes right after it came out, we didn't wait until now.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Complaining about comic book based plot holes makes you the biggest faggots ever.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My local Cinemark is keeping 3/5 XD showings as Guardians (other 2 are for Into the Storm) and Regal IMAX is sticking with Guardians full time. So they expect it to be #1 again with Into the Storm second and Turtles tanking. We can hope at least.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I am Groot
nobody does, faille. Nobody does.

My local Cinemark is keeping 3/5 XD showings as Guardians (other 2 are for Into the Storm) and Regal IMAX is sticking with Guardians full time. So they expect it to be #1 again with Into the Storm second and Turtles tanking. We can hope at least.
To be fair, into the storm looks like a complete pile of shit, so I don't blame the IMAX for skipping that one.