Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm not going to argue that The Watchmen was a better movie than the good Marvel movies, I'm not trolling here, but give me a moment in ANY marvel movie as emotionally gripping as when Dr. Manhattan kills Rorschach. It's a moment where the purity of all these heroes just simply cannot exist together and one of them must be destroyed. The complexity of the relationships surpass anything Marvel will ever put out.
right in the feels indeed

i can't really compare GotG to Avengers, they each have their merits and i thoroughly enjoyed each. i see them as part of a larger entity, and GotG succeeded in keeping me enthralled and anticipating the next movie. GotG has more jokes, more laughs; Avengers had more action. GotG2 might be able to compete action level wise as they won't have to do the character development that avengers dodged by each character getting their own movie before.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yondu was going to sell it to the broker initially, one of the first things the Broker says to Quill is where is Yondu.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
rrr_img_73173.jpg

DMK_sl

shitlord
Best sci-fi since Star Wars. Anyone who doesn't agree with me can go fuck themselves.

This movie put The Avengers to shame.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So yeah, saw this tonight. Amazing from start to finish, and I honestly still can't believe I spent 2+ hours watching this as it seemed so much shorter. Left me wanting more yet still satisfied with what it offered. Comparatively, I watched the Avengers right beforehand as a second viewing, and I would say GotG is a better movie.

Drax with "It will not go over my head. I am too fast, I would catch it" was probably the line of the movie for me. Bautista was perfect in his role.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My favorite line of the movie, or I guess conversation, was at the end. "But what if someone has something that I want?" "But what if I want it more?" "No sir, I don't think you understand, I want it more than they do ... hey why are you shushing me?"

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I overhyped this and as a result the movie was a let down. It still had value and I'm still glad I went, but it felt like an avoidable side quest.
It was boring and slow. Children in the audience were antsy. Several parent/kid pairs walked out.
It was more Star Trek than Avengers. I didn't expect this to be Avengers, but I somehow felt cheated that it wasn't. It was a great dip in the slope of Marvel movie entertainment.
The after credit short was BS.

I will give this some time before seeing it again. I really want it to be good. I doubt I will see it again in theaters however.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I overhyped this and as a result the movie was a let down. It still had value and I'm still glad I went, but it felt like an avoidable side quest.
It was boring and slow. Children in the audience were antsy. Several parent/kid pairs walked out.
It was more Star Trek than Avengers. I didn't expect this to be Avengers, but I somehow felt cheated that it wasn't. It was a great dip in the slope of Marvel movie entertainment.
The after credit short was BS.

I will give this some time before seeing it again. I really want it to be good. I doubt I will see it again in theaters however.
Worst comment ever.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
"your ship is filthy"
"Filthy? She has no idea. If we had a blacklight, it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. "

Cybsled

"your ship is filthy"
"Filthy? She has no idea. If we had a blacklight, it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. "
That got one of the biggest laughs in the theater. Flew right over the heads of the kids
wink.png