Guild Wars 2

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Am I correct in thinking that in order to get my ranger Traps to do some damage again, I now have to invest seriously into Condition damage? I realize that nobody uses traps or plays Rangers but I happen to like the Class *and* using traps, so.
smile.png
I have a load of Karma to spend, does anyone know which Karma Merchant sells the Exotics that have good Condition damage?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The new threshold for condition damage is around 700, once you go above 700 condition damage stats you will start to increase your damage. Most condition builds have 1200-2k anyways so it mostly hits the celestial builds. Not all karma equipment have access to all the stat combinations but you can look hereGW2 Temple/God karma armor sets - Dulfy

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The Orr karma vendor sell the pieces. Rabid is sold by this guy.

Lightbringer Brutefur - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

the accessories.

GW2 New Orr temple exotics - Dulfy

There are many more condi set. WvWer usually look fir Dire set. I might not be a good reference about condi since I haven't played them in over a year.

Traps ranger are pretty rare. I fought a lot of the pew pew power rangers and they are getting quite predictable. The most interesting ranger to fight are the melee one. I haven't seen that many and the few I ever 1v1 were mostly very skilled players.

Look like patch is up. =)

Caliane

sinister is "the" condition damage stat. It is not super easy to come by.
Cond main, power/prec secondary stats.

Its account bound crafting from Silverwastes. Requiring charged quartz, which is account bound 1/day crafting.
You need lots of bandit crests for the recipes.

Sinister Intricate Gossamer Insignia - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Neck/rings/trinkets from LW season 2, and then more bandit crests for extras.

Rampagers is the alternative.
Prec main, cond/power secondary.
Engi might favor this due to proc on crit traits.
Rampager can simply be bought for like 70s-1.5g per, a total of like 6g for a set of armor.

I do not recommend karma armor. they can not be salvaged for runes or insignia.

If you are using 60s runes, is one thing. but, putting in 5g
Superior Rune of the Scholar - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)
or 6g
Superior Rune of the Pack - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Which you CAN'T remove after is a very bad idea.

(technically you can, but it costs gems.)
Upgrade Extractor - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

there is also dire and rabid as noted.
These are cond primary, but do not have 2 dps stats as secondary.
rabid being, cond primary, prec/tough secondary. no power. This is useful for builds with cond procs on hit. again, engi firearms for example. The defensive stat fairly useful give condition damage needing time to work.

dire being cond primary, tough and vit secondary. again, full def stats as secondary, for tanky build with the cond doing its work over time.

Equipment acquisition by stats - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I have no idea how I'm supposed to gear my ele after this patch.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm still downloading this game. I can't decide if it's better to just start from scratch or play a character I already have. So many changes.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I also disliked how they made it where you have to buy your fucking traits, hopefully they changed that.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Went all in as a full zerker warrior GS/Axe shield. I did not regret. It's been a while since my warrior felt this powerful.

I faced a few condi shout bow warr. I expected to get destroyed and went much better than expected.

Caliane

Lions arch has been rebuilt, and with it, all sorts of new stuff.
several new achievements. an explorable achieve. a new JP. etc. An ecto gambling merchant too.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Spot-the-Karka

Turl Sharptooth
Go to Commodore Quarter Waypoint. Head east past the vendors and he is in the corner. Get a gun from him and then shoot the karka scattered and hidden around the map to start the collection. There are 50 of them in LA.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Xenrauk, heian and Caliane, thanks a bunch for the advice, fun to have some Itemization/crafting goals again in this game.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
LA kinda went from pirate den to mediterranean seaport, it looks completely different. Nice change though after the shithole it was thanks to Scarlet.

rrr_img_100873.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Jesus Christ I expected to have to learn some shit but this is like a whole new game in terms of how my class plays/mechanics etc.

Mesmer Phantasms respawning after first time they are shattered is fucking awesome, turned the burst DPS into sustained beat downs. I need to record some PvP because right now people have no idea what to against me...

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Let me rephrase what I said:

Any tips for someone with 4 80's(necro, warrior, eng, and rogue) who is getting back into GW2 after not playing since Dec 2013?