Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The new builds are really fun, ele's are almost as good as they were at launch now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Guardian, or Ele if you want to do the same things but harder and flashier. Engineer if you don't mind clunkiness. Possibly Revenant after the expac, who knows.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Guardian, or Ele if you want to do the same things but harder and flashier. Engineer if you don't mind clunkiness. Possibly Revenant after the expac, who knows.
Yea, for survivability, can't miss with pala... sorry, Guardian.

Hekotat

Looking to make something ultra tanky / self healing and/or regening i.e. pure survivabiliy. which class?
This is what I'm running currently, it works well in PVE and PVP. The only trouble I've had so far is with this one Hammer build warrior that stomped my shit in, otherwise I could just run away and survive when shit got too hairy, including being outnumbered by 3-4 people.

Elementalist - D/D Roamer - MetaBattle - Guild Wars 2 Builds

EDIT: For PVE I switched to Scepter/Focus.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Ele, guard, war, eng, are the ones you can build for tank/regen, with guard or ele probably being top of the line.

I like how they increased npc health pools to compensate for the damage increase, but left competitive play a wild west shootout gallery.
Wonder if that means they don't really plan on dropping the damage anytime soon.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
they don't have a test realm.
They got rid of it? I stopped playing 2 years ago and had access to it for much of 2014 before they cleansed inactive accounts. Seemed like only a few hundred people ever on the test realm though, and only ~50ish ever in the Ventrillo server (and only during big patches to test realm). Devs didn't care about tester's opinions at all and unfortunately most of the game's blunders were so easy to see but the Devs rather sit on their high horse then admit there was a problem with their designs. Basically all the PvP and WvW issues were brought up to them Day 1. I see they are trying to change but it's a bit late at this point. GW2 was geared to be an eSport game and they failed miserably. I'll admit it's still a good PvE game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do Ranger pets still blow?
Pets got a big increase to their HP awhile back, bears will have around 45k and cats will have around 25k. Their F2 abilities fire off a bit faster now as well, overall I find them a lot better than they were prior to their buffs.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
They got rid of it? I stopped playing 2 years ago and had access to it for much of 2014 before they cleansed inactive accounts. Seemed like only a few hundred people ever on the test realm though, and only ~50ish ever in the Ventrillo server (and only during big patches to test realm). Devs didn't care about tester's opinions at all and unfortunately most of the game's blunders were so easy to see but the Devs rather sit on their high horse then admit there was a problem with their designs. Basically all the PvP and WvW issues were brought up to them Day 1. I see they are trying to change but it's a bit late at this point. GW2 was geared to be an eSport game and they failed miserably. I'll admit it's still a good PvE game.
They purged inactive accounts? Is that why my shit is out of the blue banned? Is there a way to get the account back?

Hekotat

that new jump puzzle is frustrating. I got almost to the 3rd key and fell and now I can't seem to get close at all, lol.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They disabled symbolic Avenger. Guardians zerg were chewing through WvW keep gate in seconds. I don't know why they didn't fixed the engi grenade bug. I guess it might be complicated to fix.

Came back to the game. Had fun for a bit then remembered that new content / WvW is essentially following a commander tag in a zerg from point a -> b -> c -> repeat. Back on the prowl for something to play.
That is not true of tier 1 or tier 2. If you are doing that in tier 1 or tier 2 means your server will lose every week. Join a winning tier 1 or tier 2 server. Your experience will be much different.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
That is not true of tier 1 or tier 2. If you are doing that in tier 1 or tier 2 means your server will lose every week. Join a winning tier 1 or tier 2 server. Your experience will be much different.
Yup. On JQ there's very little focus on objectives/ppt other than as a mechanism to draw the enemy out to fight.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PVE is fucked on world events, either not enough people and or mobs are dieing too slow, both aren't fun.