Guild Wars 2

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
wtf is a golem week?
Thought the same thing and just had to google it.

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
World vs. World

Hop into World vs. World between July 17 and July 24 to experience our newest special event, Golem Rush, where siege golems are better, faster, and stronger!
During the special event, all golems will be supercharged and have the following effects:
All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct.
All siege golems in WvW will deal 100% additional damage to other golems and players.
All siege golems in WvW will move at 100% additional movement speed.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It's not a joke, wvw will be a k-train for a week.
If you got extra wvw badges laying around you can make omegas for gold, they spiked to around 5g after the announcement, but went back down to 3g as of yesterday.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
At first I wanted to be sad about golem weeks then I decided that we could make a golem hunting party. Flurry, bolas and pin down to perma immob them while my buddies chew them down.

I plan on counting how many golem I get down.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Golem price might go up again. I don't think we can imagine how many of those will be used that week.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Golem event is going on, and it's awesome.
Most people are going around in alpha golems.
A lot of the hardcore wvw players have decided to stop playing wvw for the week after about an hour of playing golem wars, a lot are turning to spvp or gvg's to kill their time.
Bug#1 Golems get a buff called overcharged which gives them the 100% damage and speed boost, players are already exploiting a bug that gives them this buff after they leave the golem.
Bug#2 There's another bug to pickup ice bow in a golem.
Bug#3 You sometimes get 55 supply back after you build a golem.
So you can imagine with the recent damage buff from the trait change patch that has made combat like a fps shooter, players are getting one shotted now for sure with the overcharge buff.
By yesterday every server was exploiting the bug, and why wouldn't they, the devs take the weekends off so it'll be monday before a fix gets in.
Did I say awesome? I meant awesomely bad...

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Golem event almost done. It was pretty boring after 1-2 days IMO. The weekend would have been enough.

The positive thing is that I made some money. :/

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They announced today that they're going to be changing the model determining server population levels, which will be based on the server's wvw population only since that's all it's needed for, since megaservers took care of pve. Good news for servers like dragonbrand, sea of sorrows, and darkhaven, who were stuck with full server status but had no where near the populations as the servers around them.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e-Coming/first

Fellow Warriors of the Mists,

World population is visible on the labels on the World Selection and Transfer screen. It determines whether you can transfer to a world and, if you can, how much the transfer will cost. These measures historically have been set based on aggregate population levels around all game modes. But because World versus World is the only game mode to which worlds apply these days, we have developed a better model that exclusively uses WvW data to determine population levels and transfer costs.

We will be rolling out the new model soon and some shifts in the population levels should be expected. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and we'll make all adjustments we deem necessary to improve the WvW experience. As always, your feedback is very welcome.

See you in the Mists,
- Samuel

Heian

Molten Core Raider
That is cool. My server pop is literally empty from 2am to noon EST. Some guy told me we have like 5 to 10 people's running around on all maps. Our European and NA pop allow us to stay here. Even on reset the most we have is 10 people queue on EB usually. That will shake things up I guess.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there a guide or explanation on the build spec changes from last month ? Logged in last night to total confusion on how the build/traits work in game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I watched a few of woodenpotatoes videos to help understand what was going on. It's a elementalist build but it might help you understand it better.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
thanks, I hope I wasnt the only one confused by the new setup.
I had to look it up as well. Hiding the icons for the other trees wasn't helpful.

Now I'm trying to plow through these WoodenPotatoes videos about the new classes. Anyone have a better source that isn't as long winded for the new class reveals?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Longshot, but does anyone have a trial key? I heard those used to go out in emails. My wife wants to try the game but she's reluctant to drop $50 on an MMO since they usually don't keep her interest that long.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
You should tell your wife to look better then, a GW2 online key is like $19 or so. Likeherefor example.
Yea I saw those options -- but if she ended up liking it she'll still have to pay the $50 for HoT. A trial key is the best option if any of those still exist.