Guild Wars 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The "let's add zones over time" model of the last season (with the free/gem unlock model) is probably a better fit than the whole "let's have an expansion". However, a push toward the Crystal Desert/Kourna/Elona is part of a different storyline, and they will almost certainly finish with the Dragons first before tackling their Lich King.
Sadly, while they have been improving the story missions, the game is still at its best when it lets you explore a new zone and the three they added since launch is in my opinion not enough. Sure the vertical design and the number of secrets they packed in is admirable, along with new ways to move around and the events, nothing can beat exploring a whole new place instead of hunting for anything you might have missed.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The "let's add zones over time" model of the last season (with the free/gem unlock model) is probably a better fit than the whole "let's have an expansion". However, a push toward the Crystal Desert/Kourna/Elona is part of a different storyline, and they will almost certainly finish with the Dragons first before tackling their Lich King.
I think I would be here for life if they went down that way. Maybe tied it into a 'return of the Gods' type storyline, I can see that sort of making sense. That area/expansion was by far my favorite of the original GW, fricking dervishes for the win.

Caliane

This expansion is really turning me off for sure. I would absolutely have been more enticed to spend more money on gemstore, etc, with this "content" being free, then I am likely to give them a dime for this expac.

or possibly phrased conversely. With the money I've already spent on MTX, THIS is not impressive enough to justify the required payment to play.

Don't really see any of the core gameplay, class balance, etc issues being touched.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
nothing can beat exploring a whole new place instead of hunting for anything you might have missed.
Alas, with an expansion, you get that for two, maybe three weeks, and then it's over until next expansion. Spreading it brings you back every couple weeks for a long time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I totally expect them to start some living world stories a few months after the expansion hits, this should give us some new zones. I don't see why they wouldn't, but you never know.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
There is potential here. From what I am seeing so far (Revenant especially) it seems they realised the whole 'everyone is dps' will just be boring after a while. Rev in particular has a stance that is entirely devoted to moving a healing/condition removing/projectile absorbing tablet around the battlefield. Combine that with the staff which is nothing but a group support weapon (creates healing orbs, weakens enemies etc.) and you have a spec that deals absolutely no damage at all but can put out a lot of healing and condition removal.

All of this will fall short if they don't have new encounters making use of these mechanics though, if you can still burst down everything in 30 seconds where your two dodges are enough to survive whatever big attacks the boss is using, then there will be no point to it and it will actually become detrimental again.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The removal of pistol traits for thief still really bothers me.

That spec wasn't good, but it was at least fun.

Treesong

I am thinking of leveling up a Revenant from scratch and simply soaking up the world, Dynamic Events and nice graphics again. I hope I can refrain from using my huge pile of Tomes of Knowledge though.
frown.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thanks to the NGE, I'd recommend skipping into 30-40 range at least straight away, but yeah, I think with F2P, the starting areas could be fun.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if they changed it a bit, but it took a lot longer for some skills to unlock, namely elites and the level scaling was kinda wonky, with some levels having big spikes in power if it scaled you below that, it wasn't that great. I know that intially you couldn't even see vistas or skill points on the map.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They started Mordrem invasion in game, but it's kind of a turd, since the invasion mobs give zero xp and loot, the small events give no xp/karma/gold and to get the most out of the 30 min event, you basically have to tag events and move on so you can do 20 and get the highest tier of reward. Oh and the rewards are season 1 cosmetics and backpack crafting materials.

Faltigoth

I spent about 10 minutes doing it, thought, 'wow, this sucks', and went back to Silverwastes.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Seems like they wanted to give the new F2P players the same horrible event experience that launch players had. It only makes sense they'd forget everything they'd learned over the years. /s

WTF ANet, this is the big lead in to your new, hyped expansion? Why are your events worse than shit than happens in Rift every single day?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crap event in every way.

Unusual since most GW (both games) events rock. They mailed this one in. Had more to say about it, but it's been said.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I really don't know wtf is Anet doing anymore, they've had other events better than this, and yet they still can't seem to learn lessons from the past.
The golem event was a clusterfuck that they left running all week with all the exploits and not even a word of apology for it.
The second borderland beta test was a clusterfuck because they didn't remind older testers they were still in, they had to go to the forums to post about it when they realized the borderlands were empty.
This past event was suppose to showcase game wide events to their new players, they hyped it up by getting guilds to do their recruitment messages before hand to try and get new players into guilds to run it with, and that's what they bring out to show for it? ridiculous.