Guild Wars 2

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The removal of pistol traits for thief still really bothers me.

That spec wasn't good, but it was at least fun.
Pistols long ago used to be the true skill ceiling for thief, was great taking down groups of enemies with it

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The removal of pistol traits for thief still really bothers me.

That spec wasn't good, but it was at least fun.
When they upped ricochet to 50% I had a truckload of fun, far from being a powerhouse, but a sb/pp full ranged rogue suited me well.
To be honest there are things done by Anet that baffle me, too many to list them all (or things ignored, those are even more).

So far I find the xpack extremely underwhelming and the new class specs fairly uninteresting. Not a guaranteed purchase from me.

Caliane

Keyfarming nerfed. 1 key per WEEK from personal story level 10, per account. (not clear if level 40 or 60 ones also effected)

shit like this. what are they doing?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Keyfarming nerfed. 1 key per WEEK from personal story level 10, per account. (not clear if level 40 or 60 ones also effected)

Also in there though, key drops increased across the world. So now maybe 2 drops per year instead of 1 from mobs?

Heh. From the wording I am guessing just the level 10 ones but still, there was no need for that. That shit is a Neverwinter-style move there.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Wtf, I just farmed 4 keys yesterday using the level 20 boosters, would have farmed more with scrolls of knowledge had I known this shit was coming in. Increased drop rate 0.00000000001% is more like it, don't remember the last time I got a black lion key drop, maybe the first 6 months lol.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

TBH that should have been killed long time ago and instead reward people for doing lvl 80 content. Remaking characters and doing parts of the story is really not fun.

If they made participation in live events and completing the living story chapters reward keys once, it would make a lot more sense.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Trying to make money is my guess. My friend got so many skins and stuff just mindlessly doing 1-10 on every character constantly.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always wondered how much shit like this can backfire on them. I never bought a key, nor I farmed any outside of those I got naturally levelling all my 80s (before tomes were even a thing, 'fore you ask), but I can imagine skin collectors went crazy for that stuff. Pointless move imo.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always wondered how much shit like this can backfire on them. I never bought a key, nor I farmed any outside of those I got naturally levelling all my 80s (before tomes were even a thing, 'fore you ask), but I can imagine skin collectors went crazy for that stuff. Pointless move imo.
Not really a pointless move those got to catch them all skin collectors are in theory where their money stream should be. The ability to mindlessly grind to level 1 get delete character rinse repeat short circuited one of their major potential cash streams.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It's not skin collector's they are trying to man handle, it's the botters. The pitiful amount of keys (and more importantly the actual drops from the chests) that a player could make in a week pale in comparison to the sheer volume a bot army can generate. It's more likely they are trying to stifle the supply of black market gold moreso than directly push people into legit gem sales. Which might have the same effect in the end I guess...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got one last thing to make before getting my ascended dagger, come to find out the fucking inscription is the worst part.

Dinged 80 on my Mesmer without ever leaving the starting city, I'd actually pay gems just to get the waypoints and nothing else. I'm assuming the best way to gear up from basically nothing is to buy the Karma gear in Orr then start running dungeons. Is this the best tactic?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Depends on what you've got access too. If you're going into this a complete noobie, it takes just a few gold to get a full set of zerker rares (yellows), then work on karma and world bosses for exotics. Run Silverwastes til your eyes bleed, turn the bandit crests into keys and get on a chest farm map. Repeat until you're covered in exotics. Level your crafting armour type and weapon type to 500, start cranking out Ascended materials daily. Join a guild, run guild missions weekly for a month to get both Ascended earrings for your spec. Use Laurels (and or Laurels + Badges of Honor) for the necklace. Run Fractals to buy Rings.

If you're running condition damage builds, you can ignore the guild missions, and buy Living Story part 2, and crank out the cheevos for a set of earrings and rings (Sinister).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Depends on what you've got access too. If you're going into this a complete noobie, it takes just a few gold to get a full set of zerker rares (yellows), then work on karma and world bosses for exotics. Run Silverwastes til your eyes bleed, turn the bandit crests into keys and get on a chest farm map. Repeat until you're covered in exotics. Level your crafting armour type and weapon type to 500, start cranking out Ascended materials daily. Join a guild, run guild missions weekly for a month to get both Ascended earrings for your spec. Use Laurels (and or Laurels + Badges of Honor) for the necklace. Run Fractals to buy Rings.

If you're running condition damage builds, you can ignore the guild missions, and buy Living Story part 2, and crank out the cheevos for a set of earrings and rings (Sinister).
Thanks for the reply!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sabbat again.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Don't forget to touch all the things in guild missions!
smile.png