Guild Wars 2

Caliane

from what I understand you can invite others to your party/raid to do it. reddit was saying 5 man teams could do it. not sure if even less could.
I hadn't looked into it, but I would suspect its of little value solo, due to not getting enough guild points to actually upgrade anything solo.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We did it with 6 last night. First attempt was horrible, we won on the second attempt.
smile.png

The place is huge, and looks like it will keep us busy trying to build the buildings in it...and decorate.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
ya, were in a small guild prob have four to six attempting it Tuesday night around 9:45pm central if anyone interested after our wvw jade q event you can joins us just add me Barab.9016 as a friend then whisper me when you see me on and I will throw you a gu invite. From the sounds of it unless you want the guild buffs, wvw guild missions, arena to duel etc. ...the shiney weapons etc its more of just something to do, time/mat/gold sink etc then anything else. We are doing the Gilded Hall
Gilded Hollow - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
From what I heard Gilided hollow is supposedly the smaller of the two halls. We did gilded hollow with 5, the first couple fights came down to seconds before finishing, but after that the last few were easier.

The guild upgrades really were made for groups with the massive material collection behind it, only way you're upgrading that by yourself is if you're a tp flipper, even then there's a ton of soulbound mats you need to gather as well.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Guild Halls are nothing but another really huge stupid grind, just like everything else in HoT.

Even BASIC CHAIRS for decoration require some rare crafting material or some shit.

They basically threw out the GW2 manifesto with this expac. On the plus side, some of the elite specs are really fun, and the fractal changes are much better IMO.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
and the fractal changes are much better IMO.
Fractals have never been in a worse spot. Sure, you can just pick whatever specific one you want to do but they first removed all the rewards, then put in a mastery grind to get some of them back and they're still MUCH worse than they were before the addon. Fractals were a good source of ascended boxes which now seem to have been reduced to a 0.01% chance of being dropped.

And they said this is their new focus for 5 man content. So gutting the rewards and not adding a new fractal is an interesting focus for sure.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Fractals have never been in a worse spot. Sure, you can just pick whatever specific one you want to do but they first removed all the rewards, then put in a mastery grind to get some of them back and they're still MUCH worse than they were before the addon. Fractals were a good source of ascended boxes which now seem to have been reduced to a 0.01% chance of being dropped.

And they said this is their new focus for 5 man content. So gutting the rewards and not adding a new fractal is an interesting focus for sure.
Sorry to hear the rewards are shit now. But before hand, I didn't even step into them due to the long time commitment and random nature. 2 steps forward, 1 step back? Or maybe 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Now at least I run fractals here and there. Right now I can just run them because I enjoy them, not needing/going for rewards.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Raid came out today.

Haven't tried it yet, a few guilds out there have already smashed a fair bit of it. Death and Taxes for sure was wrecking it within minutes of it launching.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I heard people chatting about that in zone chat somewhere and had a good laugh. It's like, come on man.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So, how is everyone doing on Raids? It pretty much ruined the 400 man guild I'm in lol
Kids for whom GW2 is the first MMO are getting blown the fuck out. 3 days of wiping and they're pretty much done. Most people also now have to realize they're actually incredibly bad at the game which is causing reactions to say the least. The group I'm playing with (also in a pretty big guild) killed the first boss on the second evening and is now close to killing the second one, although it has a really tight timer and honestly seems overtuned for the 2nd boss of GW2s first raid.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
What did it for the guild I'm in wasn't so much the difficulty (they ended up clearing VG with a couple groups) but people in key positions insisting that you need a very super specific group comp to play key roles and being sold on that ignorance. For example, needing a guardian tank running Nomads, only condition engis for condi, and only cleric druids for heals. Frustrating as fuck but then again it is a gw2 PvE zerg guild so to be expected I suppose.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure the end game for this is all the ex-Wildstar devs lose their jobs again and Anet nerfs the difficulty into the ground all over the expansion. The only question ishow longthat takes.
biggrin.png

bytes

Molten Core Raider
My group cleared it. The actual "serious" PvE community in GW2 must be really damn small. Oh and I sat out today so we can avoid interal drama because we have 11 people. Damn shame, cause we were really close to killing it yesterday.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Makes anet sense that they would put all that effort into developing raids, design a new healing elite spec to go with it, for a small section of players, grab the 5 million pie that left WoW in the last year I suppose. Meanwhile wvw has been dying for decent development time for 3 years.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I believe they make a killing selling virtual hats, not by keeping hardcore raiders/pvpers happy.

(Applies both to Anet and Blizzard though)