Guild Wars 2

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
..people still play this?

I actually picked it back up recently. I never actually delved into it too deeply when it first launched. It probably didnt help that the first class I picked felt boring as hell. Started a Ranger this time and I havent put it down. Games just gorgeous and Im glad its not dead like I thought it would be. Theres a shit load of people running around in the noobie zones and up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I actually picked it back up recently. I never actually delved into it too deeply when it first launched. It probably didnt help that the first class I picked felt boring as hell. Started a Ranger this time and I havent put it down. Games just gorgeous and Im glad its not dead like I thought it would be. Theres a shit load of people running around in the noobie zones and up.

Yea, they did a great job keeping all areas active and attractive to all level ranges.

Daidraco

I dont know. I feel like Im just kind of fumbling through the game right now. I originally never played it past 15 so Im clueless. Some random dude from Legacy of the Steel invited me to his guild, but Im clueless who they played in EQ. Im sure that once Im max level Ill get a better idea, but for right now all Ive been doing is map completions. I feel like Im super casual but not really.. cause I dont ever play MMO's casually.. so mixed feelings on wtf Im doing currently.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I dont know. I feel like Im just kind of fumbling through the game right now. I originally never played it past 15 so Im clueless. Some random dude from Legacy of the Steel invited me to his guild, but Im clueless who they played in EQ. Im sure that once Im max level Ill get a better idea, but for right now all Ive been doing is map completions. I feel like Im super casual but not really.. cause I dont ever play MMO's casually.. so mixed feelings on wtf Im doing currently.
I started playing after HoT launched, i played back in 2012 when it launched but i didn't like it so i quit. I'd suggest doing exactly what you are doing. The map completions/personal story is what i did all the way up to 80 and it helped me get materials to be able to get my crafting up. I'd suggest also crafting up to max level with all the mats you get running around. You can get around 10 levels just crafting. You also are able to make ascended gear once you hit max level (best in slot) which is nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chorboy

Is there a target date for this? I never even got the first expac, but I do like the idea of swording things.
From what leaks/what Mike said on his last forum post they are shooting for 3-6 months after the next personal story, and the next personal story is like July/August. So i'd assume around Q4 somewhere, but October/November is what most are predicting as it's 2 years from HoTs and the leakers said the devs wanna go to a 2 year expansion cycle.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Map completion is arguably the strongest part of the game, mix in some dungeons and or endgame events and that is it, more or less. Of course, if you like PvP, do that, but GW2 doesn't really reward hardcore players like WoW.

Or just play it as Princess Maker, Kryta edition.

Hekotat

The new WvW definitely rewards hardcore players, you don't have a chance in hell to get some of those items if you're a casual player.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Man, I wish they had something like this back in the days when I WvWed for 6 months straight non stop...

• 1Solidarity

chorboy

The new WvW definitely rewards hardcore players, you don't have a chance in hell to get some of those items if you're a casual player.
I mean it's the same as legendary armor/ascended gear so i'd say that it's pretty fair, although it is still pretty ridiculous. I'm expecting a nerf sometime soon.

Hekotat

I saw some posts of people that had been playing WvW religiously since the game launched and still had 50 ranks to go before they could purchase some of that stuff. That seems insane to me if so.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I saw some posts of people that had been playing WvW religiously since the game launched and still had 50 ranks to go before they could purchase some of that stuff. That seems insane to me if so.
That's like the first rule of game system design - never give people new stuff automatically for free. If somebody has been grinding for 6 months, they can go a bit further.

Daidraco

It may be a rule, but its getting shit on left and right with a lot of MMO's lately. Its kind of nice to see that work has to be done to get something nice.

Hekotat

That's like the first rule of game system design - never give people new stuff automatically for free. If somebody has been grinding for 6 months, they can go a bit further.

I completely agree, but 4 years to acquire something seems a bit excessive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I remember thinking Infused Fractal Capacity was a grind to get, and now I see Ad Infinitum...

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I WvWed non stop for about 2 years. Last time I played I was probably the person on my server with the highest number of WvW kills on my server. (NSP)

I sure wish they had that back then. It was frustrating. GW2 had that very great mode called WvW and all ANET was pushing was story, PvP and Fractal.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I WvWed non stop for about 2 years. Last time I played I was probably the person on my server with the highest number of WvW kills on my server. (NSP)

I sure wish they had that back then. It was frustrating. GW2 had that very great mode called WvW and all ANET was pushing was story, PvP and Fractal.
I still wish GW2 had a Hero's Ascent/Hall of Heroes mode like GW1. That was my addiction 10yrs ago.

They do a great job at abandoning things people love most.

• 1Solidarity