Guild Wars 2

Tactician

Ancient
I'm looking to play this on an extremely casual basis due to new position at work eating all my time. I leveled a guardian to 80 a couple years back before heart of thorns. How's the revenant class play? Was thinking of buying HoTs and starting fresh with one

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking to play this on an extremely casual basis due to new position at work eating all my time. I leveled a guardian to 80 a couple years back before heart of thorns. How's the revenant class play? Was thinking of buying HoTs and starting fresh with one

Revenant is fun but isnt desired in most content. Your power roles are still devoted to classes like the Elementalist. Guardians arent "woo" crazy, but most people would rather have a warrior (from my experience). I had a lot of fun playing the game like a single player game and doing some group content. But as soon as I started raiding, I got the baddest taste in my mouth towards the game and put it down. I usually love raid content, but its something about GW2 that just seems... unorganized and clusterfuck when it comes to raiding. That, or all my experiences in raiding were with shitty players.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit are the devs presenting the trailers at gunpoint or something ? :D

I'll wait until the opinion settles down a bit, HoT turned out to be a dud because of the overreliance on map mechanics to get anywhere, but if they bring back more exploration that you can do solo, I might come back.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Yeah, HoT was rough.

I'm just happy because it means a temporary boost the pool of people queueing PvP. That turned into a really shallow puddle this last season.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I downloaded the GW2 base game (don't own HoT) last night. Haven't played since like a month after release. I played an Engineer first time around. Not sure what to roll now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I go back to GW2 now and again, so looking forward to this. It looks pretty cool.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Mounts? They should of been in the game since release.

It's just funnier when everybody's on foot.

c69.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of trying it again. Like others here, I got a character (thief) to 80 at launch, but quit at the end because there wasn't anything to do casually anymore.

Figured I'd get HoT, but I can't find the store option for just that? When clicking the "upgrade" button in the store, I get a 404 thing. Then when going with the buy option, I get to the new expansion page where I have to select an option. That leads me to a store page where I can "add" the last expansion, which wraps it into a bundle with the upcoming expansion. When I try to deselect the upcoming expansion before selecting anything else, it throws me out of the store.

Also see a "Season 2" thing that I can buy there. Is that solo/casual content? And if so, worth it at 16 euro?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The page may have been buggered yesterday because it was so soon after the announce. I don't know the logistics of it but their store on the website is sometimes effected by the same maintenance that brings down the TP.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Season 2 sets the stage for the expansion so if you don't have HoT getting that brings you up to speed on the story before Hot and keeps you occupied for a day, longer if you like doing achievements. Same for living story season 3, gaps the time between HoT and PoF. I'd say worth it but I have a low threshold for DLC type content.

I would just relearn some basic stuff by doing vanilla content for a couple of days and then try the free expansion weekend, if you like what you see it might be better to just buy that or nope out before spending money on HoT alone (it was very mediocre).

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking of trying it again. Like others here, I got a character (thief) to 80 at launch, but quit at the end because there wasn't anything to do casually anymore.

Figured I'd get HoT, but I can't find the store option for just that? When clicking the "upgrade" button in the store, I get a 404 thing. Then when going with the buy option, I get to the new expansion page where I have to select an option. That leads me to a store page where I can "add" the last expansion, which wraps it into a bundle with the upcoming expansion. When I try to deselect the upcoming expansion before selecting anything else, it throws me out of the store.

Also see a "Season 2" thing that I can buy there. Is that solo/casual content? And if so, worth it at 16 euro?

You can add HoT at checkout. Yesterday they had a separate page/link which bundled both, but the price was the same.

Untitled.png