Guild Wars 2

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I crafted my ascended scepter, got a nice 5-10 minutes or so route in Kourma to get about 150-160 Empyrian Stars per run, once day.

I'm working on crafting an ascendant trident for underwater combat.

I'm also working on my ascended torch now, but this I can get from a collection for the Necromancer. I need 1 bounty in Elon Riverlands, and 1 event in Domain of Vabbi. Both of which I couldn't get this weekend. I did try the bounty by myself, while I survived I couldn't kill it fast enough, was about 50% when the timer ran out.

After that I'll be missing all the accessories, but those can be purchased with different zone currencies, and laurels. So just going to have to look where everything I need is. I could trade the ones on my Engineer to my Necromancer if I feel lazy.

While I like the engineer more, the necromancer has such self-sustain it makes everything easy. :)

That will give me 2 characters in full ascended. 1 in medium armor, and 1 in light armor. Maybe I should work on crafting a heavy set now too.

Probably will slow down a bit for the next month or so as I play WoW: Battle for Azeroth. I will continue to do my daily crafting, and daily run for Empyrian Stars so that when I'm ready I have enough mats to start on the next armor set.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I crafted my ascended scepter, got a nice 5-10 minutes or so route in Kourma to get about 150-160 Empyrian Stars per run, once day.

I'm working on crafting an ascendant trident for underwater combat.

I'm also working on my ascended torch now, but this I can get from a collection for the Necromancer. I need 1 bounty in Elon Riverlands, and 1 event in Domain of Vabbi. Both of which I couldn't get this weekend. I did try the bounty by myself, while I survived I couldn't kill it fast enough, was about 50% when the timer ran out.

After that I'll be missing all the accessories, but those can be purchased with different zone currencies, and laurels. So just going to have to look where everything I need is. I could trade the ones on my Engineer to my Necromancer if I feel lazy.

While I like the engineer more, the necromancer has such self-sustain it makes everything easy. :)

That will give me 2 characters in full ascended. 1 in medium armor, and 1 in light armor. Maybe I should work on crafting a heavy set now too.

Probably will slow down a bit for the next month or so as I play WoW: Battle for Azeroth. I will continue to do my daily crafting, and daily run for Empyrian Stars so that when I'm ready I have enough mats to start on the next armor set.

Very nice, I should be logging on more now to get stuff done. Got caught up in the D2 grind and finally finished it.

I picked up BFA but unsure if I'm gonna play, we shall see. Are you on the same server as the FoH guild?

I need to start picking up more masteries for my beetle.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Very nice, I should be logging on more now to get stuff done. Got caught up in the D2 grind and finally finished it.

I picked up BFA but unsure if I'm gonna play, we shall see. Are you on the same server as the FoH guild?

I need to start picking up more masteries for my beetle.

It's fairly easy to get masteries in PoF/LS4 for the beetle. There's more masteries than stuff to spend them on so far.

As for WoW, no I am not on the same server as FoH. I don't play it much anymore, usually 1-3 months when an expac comes out. Mostly level 1 character to max through story, run a few dungeons, and maybe a few LFR and that's it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that was quick, got my Ascended Torch tonight. Sadly logged in as the event in Vabbi was failing, then went to Elon Riverland and a group was about to do the bounty that I need and joined that, then went back to Vabbi and the event that I needed was up near where I was and I was able to do it to complete the collection and get the torch.

I then crafted the Trident, I logged just before 8 so I was able to do my Empyrian star run before daily reset, and did again just after for 40 chests and about 300 Empyrian Stars so I had enough, so now I have my Ascended Trident also.

Only accessories to get now. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Well that was quick, got my Ascended Torch tonight. Sadly logged in as the event in Vabbi was failing, then went to Elon Riverland and a group was about to do the bounty that I need and joined that, then went back to Vabbi and the event that I needed was up near where I was and I was able to do it to complete the collection and get the torch.

I then crafted the Trident, I logged just before 8 so I was able to do my Empyrian star run before daily reset, and did again just after for 40 chests and about 300 Empyrian Stars so I had enough, so now I have my Ascended Trident also.

Only accessories to get now. :)

Accessories are stupid easy, you can just buy them.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Accessories are stupid easy, you can just buy them.

Yeah I know, just need to farm some zones currency to get them. Not sure how much farming I need to do though since I haven't checked which currency I have.

Oh btw, if/when you are ready to make Ascended Armor or Weapons, make sure you do the basic stats and then change the stats to the advance ones. Like create a berserker set, and then switch the stats to Viper for example in the Mystic Forge, it's cheaper that way, requires less material.

Hekotat

Yeah I know, just need to farm some zones currency to get them. Not sure how much farming I need to do though since I haven't checked which currency I have.

Oh btw, if/when you are ready to make Ascended Armor or Weapons, make sure you do the basic stats and then change the stats to the advance ones. Like create a berserker set, and then switch the stats to Viper for example in the Mystic Forge, it's cheaper that way, requires less material.

I didn't know you could even do this, I'll have to look into that.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you play WvW or PvP there are some pretty good ways to get Ascended armor there also. Choose your stats.

Plus those ascended pieces are used to make legendary armor. That takes a lot of time though. Worth looking into if you enjoy either of those modes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If you play WvW or PvP there are some pretty good ways to get Ascended armor there also. Choose your stats.

Plus those ascended pieces are used to make legendary armor. That takes a lot of time though. Worth looking into if you enjoy either of those modes.

Yeah, I know about getting some Ascended that way. I'm not much into PvP though. I did do some WvW a while back and that was kinda fun, but it's not my favorite game mode, I'm a PvE player first and foremost.

Also, right now I'm farming currencies in like 5 different zones to buy the trinkets. I can barely do them all in a day(2-3 hours play session) even if that's all I do, so it will take me a while to get all of those which is fine since I'm in no rush.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
2 Ascended Rings and Amulet done, I had few currency for those already so not much farming to do.

I should be able to get 2 earrings tomorrow, or the day after I think. The backpack I am still a few days from, and the Breather is a long ways, 500 Winterberries and I get 50-60 a day, and going to use 300 for one earring.

Once I am in full Ascended, off to complete world completion on the Necromancer, she's only at like 3% that will keep me busy a while. :)

Hekotat

2 Ascended Rings and Amulet done, I had few currency for those already so not much farming to do.

I should be able to get 2 earrings tomorrow, or the day after I think. The backpack I am still a few days from, and the Breather is a long ways, 500 Winterberries and I get 50-60 a day, and going to use 300 for one earring.

Once I am in full Ascended, off to complete world completion on the Necromancer, she's only at like 3% that will keep me busy a while. :)

Very nice, I'm doing some wow stuff but I'll be back after I hit max level I'm sure.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got both the Ascended Aquabreather and Backpack today. Necromancer is now in full Ascended. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
500 Winter Berries and 5000 or so unbound magic in Bitterfrost Frontier for the aquabreather. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Takes 5-10 minutes a day to get between 50 and 60 berries, add 20 if you do ll 4 hearts in the zone. Can get more if you do it on more than 1 character.

I never bothered with the hearts and only did it on 2 character the last 2 days.

It's easy :)

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
500 Winter Berries and 5000 or so unbound magic in Bitterfrost Frontier for the aquabreather. :)
Unfortunately there just isn't enough underwater content to really care about getting it.

I always thought ascension was just far too easy to get in this game.

I would of prefered Legendary Equipment to come from achievements like killing bosses flawless (no deaths) and letting time based achievements etc. I feel right now it's just too large of a bullshit grind, also the fact that they don't have a stat bump is incredibly disappointing.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Legendary armor can change stats on the fly, without losing the runes. I have a few pieces, it's very convenient when testing builds (or throwing in some toughness and vitality after getting pummeled in WvW). Definitely not necessary, but if you already are doing a lot of one of the 3 modes (wvw, pvp, raiding) then it's pretty easy to get.

Trinkets are where you get the biggest boost from exotic to ascended. Weapons next. Ascended armor isn't really that big a boost from exotic. Everything helps though

Guild Wars 1 and 2 have always had the philosophy that gear shouldn't override skill. So the difference in stats is minimal from exotic to ascended. Legendaries are only about skins and stat changing. Guild Wars 1 didn't have any difference in max level gear stats. It was pretty traumatic for some GW1 players when they introduced Ascended gear in GW2, even though the stat change is minimal.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The World Boss Portal Device is a new convenient little item, only 400 gems. I need to get this, easier than to check Boss Timer. :)

Keeping track of all the massive horrors hell-bent on stomping Tyria’s countryside to bits can be overwhelming for even the most organized commander. Carry this handy portal device and keep the clock ticking down to their defeat.

The World Boss Portal Device gives you information on approaching, imminent, and active threats, and can teleport you directly to the field of battle. You’ll also have the option to enable world boss notifications in chat, which will keep you updated without needing to check your device.