Guild Wars 2

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Icebrood Saga - Living World Season 5 prologue episode is out. Log in soon if you want it free.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The Icebrood Saga - Living World Season 5 prologue episode is out. Log in soon if you want it free.
Thanks for the reminder, WoW is consuming all my gaming energy at the moment, I completely forgot about this.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
For those who play super casually or who are not caught up with the story, you can jump straight into this episode prologue and not feel lost at all. For the most part this is an all new story that while connected with the ongoing battle against the elder dragons, isn't really directly related with anything important enough in the past to find confusing or get lost in. Just about all new characters lore wise and Char so far that have been completely ignored for the previous 7 years, so someone just joining the game now and not having experience with the expansion stories or other living world episodes won't really feel like they've missed out. At least not right now.

It's a pretty (literally) good zone, too, with 4 timed metas and a festival theme as the story sorta "soft resets" to transition to a new threat. Think you need the Path of Fire expansion though.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Mike O'Brien has left the building.

In other news

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dont think Mike leaving has any effect on GW2. He handed off the producer role several years ago, and as CEO wasnt involved in the day to day stuff of GW2 development/story. After the layoffs and the cancellation of their other games in development he probably didnt see any place for him at ANet. As he is saying in his farewell message he is a programmer/dev at heart, not a CEO...

• 2Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The first thing that immediately came to mind was "Oh good, they can take sPvP and fail with it elsewhere."

Then I read the article...

The team’s debut title, a competitive arena combat game with exciting moment-to-moment gameplay and deep character investment, is in development now and expected to launch next year.

... and Lol'd.

But who knows? They're bound to get it right one day.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Got an email today, thought the new story was finally out, nope just a stupid Quiznos promotion, with ingame rewards.

With all the fake hype, you would think there's a massive game changing expansion on the way.

People eat Quiznos? Gross. Last time I had that, I spent more time in the shitshack than actually working. I don't want a mini that bad.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider

You have until the 19th to log in to unlock the Prologue for free. Episode 1 drops at that time and it's the first new zone for the saga we're getting that they'll be building upon during later releases.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I bought this game just this weekend as I've kinda wanted something mmoish to get my teeth into while I'm not playing poe. This looked like it would fit the bill as apparently you can play it on and off pretty casually.

I've never seen so much content for £25, holy shit it's massive. It also seems really active for such an old game, there's people everywhere doing the events.

Rolled a Thief but wondering about making something tankier as it's not great right now it seems (level 20). Should I just get to 80 and worry about everything then? There's nothing I need to be doing apart from the exploration bonus and the story when it pops up?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I bought this game just this weekend as I've kinda wanted something mmoish to get my teeth into while I'm not playing poe. This looked like it would fit the bill as apparently you can play it on and off pretty casually.

I've never seen so much content for £25, holy shit it's massive. It also seems really active for such an old game, there's people everywhere doing the events.

Rolled a Thief but wondering about making something tankier as it's not great right now it seems (level 20). Should I just get to 80 and worry about everything then? There's nothing I need to be doing apart from the exploration bonus and the story when it pops up?

Just level up doing whatever you feel like doing and don't worry about missing things or doing it in a certain way. The scaling makes levels largely meaningless, so you can't really miss things, and there's nothing so demanding that you need to focus on it early. The only things that should be done asap are unlocking gliding and mounts if you get the expacks. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just started this again this weekend, I have 4 living season to do, so that should keep me busy a week or two.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Good to hear. Icebrood has been fine to run through so far, but seeing a nice big chunk of content drop all at once with some new features is going to be really nice.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Finally had some time to try the Whisper of Jormag strike. It was a strike that started in the public instance and then moved over into Squad and into LFG where I joined. Knew it was going to be bad but was grateful for the opportunity to learn...

...and I won't be doing another Whisper of Jormag pug strike. Highlight was watching two chained people run in opposite directions around the boss with their chains,, converging together where they both had an "oh shit" moment, and then watching them both run back around the way the came completely wiping the raid.

This new release is pretty neat though and feels somewhat expansion like. The tank strike is the easiest one yet and really fun and the story instance after wasn't bad either. Never played GW1 so Eye of the North doesn't mean anything to me but it feels kinda neat and I like it being a hub for strikes. It feels like the game is starting to move in the right direction again

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I feel kind of lost in this game.

I recently made 80 and accumulated enough hero points to have bought all my core thief skills. Everything's great.

So then, I bought the deal which includes Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns .Started the PoF story in order to get my mount. Holy shit, got fucking annihilated during the initial intro "quest". I made it through it, got my raptor. However, just general questing in PoF is painful. It's like taking a character in Vanilla WoW equipped with greens and trying to solo elites.

But that's the weird thing about Guild Wars. It doesn't seem like gear itself makes a whole lot of difference. I mean, I bought the best pistols I can reasonably afford off the auction house but things didn't improve that much. So what am I missing? I feel like I'm better off sticking to the old world, get some more hero points in order to build up the Deadeye specialization that I chose. But that's gonna take a long time considering the skill costs.