Guild Wars 2

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm looking to dust off my necro. I haven't played seriously since the Halloween event.

I'm sitting in full unique 80s, a mismatch of mostly condition and toughness stuff.

Traditionally, I've used a staff / well build to break survival stacks. That isn't even a thing anymore.

What should I do build-wise? What about equipment? Should I really concentrate on something like power? I've always liked that I had ~1500 condition damage and ~24k hp. I also like small/medium group combat and I did go full conditionmancer early on, and the single target stuff was okay, but I'd rather part zergs like the red sea with AOEs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm leveling up my necro now and I'll be trying a Power Tough/Vit build that rocks survivability. Essentially a Power build with wells and dagger/focus. In PVE it's not too shabby, and it might work undergeared in WvW. There could be some healing variants to play around with.

Search for Juggermancer and you should find some dude who wrote it up.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I'm not near 80 yet so my gearing options are still pretty limited but I doubt it will be too long. I know you did a lot of research into mesmers Draegan, did you come across anything similar for them? I'm still working my way through the PRX thread. Unless there a huge reason not to my goal is to be as tanky as possible at 80 while providing support. Moar numbers don't really concern me these days as much as staying alive in WvW.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't really looked at Mesmers in a long time, so there might be some better builds but from what I remember there are a few builds you can play around with:

You have shatter builds that rely on power and crit.
You have condition/power builds that rely on pistol bleeds and phantasms.
You have condition builds that rely on a lot of confusion, but the dps isn't very high, especially in PVE, but works well in mass PVP.

Then you have WvW support mesmers that are all about portals, feedback (traited to reflect) and the bubble reflect. Berzerker phatasm and warden for doing siege damage.

I really didn't like the Mesmer because they weren't very strong offensively in bigger PVP fights due to the fragileness of the phantasm. Trying to get them to shatter in a large fight with mass AOE was tough.

Mesmers were really awesome in small scale fights though where you can get away with Phantasm just hanging around and going unnoticed.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was about to post what Flake did. Looks like they upped the caps across the board before paid xfers. Get in while you can!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I want to play but...

1. I'm irritated I'm on this Euro server and can't get on JQ as it is always full. I'm going to have to just jump on to some random American server before the transfers close on the 28th (did I hear that right?)

2. I like my Ranger, but I don't like the faction-thing he joined, so he's 30-somthing and I'm in this "I don't want to reroll but I don't want to keep playing" limbo with him.

So I just start the game, check my inability to transfer, maake angry grunting noises and log off.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
JQ is available to transfer to right this second.

Every server is available and open for transfers, actually.

Go hog wild. I'm on Kaineng.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Transferring to JQ as I write this. I'm not 80 yet, but getting there on my mesmer. It's a fun class IMO. For wvw zerging around and such I'm thinking a greatsword build to sit back and nuke with will be good, tried it already at low level and it seemed to be alright. The staff builds are good for lvling and surviving, but feel pretty weak in wvw when you have limited time to tag stuff before it's dead.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
2. I like my Ranger, but I don't like the faction-thing he joined, so he's 30-somthing and I'm in this "I don't want to reroll but I don't want to keep playing" limbo with him.
If you're talking about the Vigil, Order of Whispers, Durmond Priory thing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. That really only matters between levels 30-40 and 48-61. Once you hit 62, the personal story gives everyone the same choices regardless of what order you joined.

That is, unless you care about the order specific weapon and armor skins.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Finally got over to JQ. Looking forward to having more time to play in a week or two now that summer is winding down.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am on JQ now. I am still leveling up to 80. My name is "stankwoo.5389" is anyone wants to play.

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I play a thief in wvw and p/d and sb. Condition build. i use to use all carrion gear and rinkets but not runing full Reyna's and carrion trinkets. The extra healing comes in handy. At work right now but I think I'm sitting at about 1250 cond dmg running agony sigil and 2x rune of krait/centaur/aff for the bleed durations. I'm tried glass cannon d/d, s/d and p/p and I suck at those I die way too much. P/P is fun though. I jsut wear them out over time, slow constant dmg. 0/0/30/20/20 build. Lots of fun.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Is Orr any better now than it was at launch? I have two characters near the end of the story missions but just got tired of the never-ending Risen spam. Risen chickens ffs. Normally that would be great other than the 4,782 other Risen things I just killed to go from one side of the river to the other.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The upcoming patch is supposed to make Orr a little more friendly. They've said they're going to decrease the density of undead, add some waypoints that don't get contested, and tweak some of the events.