Guild Wars 2

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The daily achievements cycle already though, I saw: kill 25 mobs underwater, craft 10 items, ress 10 people so far.

Does the January monthly give laurels already ? If yes, I'm pretty happy I waited with finishing it, but there's going to be a lot of bitching.
Jan. will not give laurels.

"Laurels are only earned through daily and monthly achievements (starting with the feb monthly) and will not reward for previous daily/monthly achievements completed since folks didn't know this system was coming.

We will however introduce an expanded/new reward system in the future that will reward for other types of achievements, this system will reward previous achievement points earned. (But may require bringing back into line some infinitely repeatable achievements that would bloat/break this system)"

source

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I went to check out Orr, but there are these stupid statue things all over the place. I only saw two, but 1 kept me poisoned permanently, and the other prevented out of combat healing and halved my healing. Was this supposed to be 'fun' ?
That mechanic has always been there. They put the statues in so you couldn't miss it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pyksel did you get a chance to read the necro forums on prx? Anyway, I'm messing around with a new necro build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAo...SUkFK3PSoGXMNA

D/D, D/F
Knight Gear for now.
Superior Runes of Ice (6/6) (includes 5% damage increase to chilled targets and a 150 or more vit)
Bloodlust/Hydromancy on weps

Essentially I'm using Death Shroud on cooldown to pop retaliation, fury.
Use DS2 to get into melee range
Use Plague form as an escape, PF2 applies Chill, Poison, Blind. It's amazing for defense or essentially debuffing the shit out of people in the middle of the zerg.

I'm using Bone Minions for their explosion. A great combo is Well of Blood, Bone Minion Summon, Explodex2 which gets you a blast finisher in two different fields. Use these minions is a bit tricky and takes a lot of time to set up. The cast time on the summon, plus the summon animation sucks. But you can explode them during their summon animation. It works sometimes, but I need to play with this more.

With all the chill duration of spinal shivers, you can use epidemic to spread the shit out of that. You can get nearly a 8-9 second chill debuff.
With condition duration, Dagger OH 4 then 5 then epidemic is an amazing debuff with weakness. With food you can get a 30% increase on durations on top of the weakness debuff on Dagger5.

You're very durable with this build as well. Other way to test this is with Rabid Gear/Jewels to gain condition damage and make DS drop enfeebling, but that might be a bit gimmicky.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
anyone got a spare cd key lying around for this game? i want to give the game a try and i`ll buy the cd key off you. pm me.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Sweet. Patch is saying I can walk around without INVALID TARGET! messages popping up over the heads of everyone in 20 feet of me.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played in a few months. So i get back into it, start leveling a necro and realise, there still is no LFG utility whatsoever. I assume there's no matchmaking system for the fractals either? And if so, how do you get started if the whole process is split up by people being on different difficulty settings.

Great effort Anet, it's only 2013, why would we need a LFG system.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Haven't played in a few months. So i get back into it, start leveling a necro and realise, there still is no LFG utility whatsoever. I assume there's no matchmaking system for the fractals either? And if so, how do you get started if the whole process is split up by people being on different difficulty settings.

Great effort Anet, it's only 2013, why would we need a LFG system.
This helps a tonhttp://gw2lfg.com/.

It's one of most puzzling things they have done. They have made an effort to remove as many hurdles to grouping and wanting to group as any game out there. Yet they don't include the number one tool to overcome the problems of finding a group. Just down right retarded. Jeremy Gaffney from Wildstar even said in a recent interview that any game that doesn't include a LFG tool is just stupid.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I can usually get a group in 5-10 minutes with that website. It's a great tool. Especially when you can invite anyone and anyone can join you.

Patata_sl

shitlord
I can usually get a group in 5-10 minutes with that website. It's a great tool. Especially when you can invite anyone and anyone can join you.
It's a great tool, but it should be inside the game, not outside.LFG tools are too old in mmorpg genre to be missed by GW2.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I totally agree, its retarded to have a worse LFG feature then EQ1 in 2002 (which was pretty good and all thats needed, really). I see alot of hate for cross-server and group finder systems on the WoW-clone forums and sorta see their point. But not having any tool at all is stupid too. At the very least they should look at that website, copy it into the game with some improvements and call it a day.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So, anyone still playing this? The new patch is a pretty big fuck-up, at least from a PvE point of view. The game which touted its horn for bringing people together, seems to find new ways of fragmenting it's playerbase on a monthly basis.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The guild missions happened. They were supposed to be a rather big, juicy part of new content. In order to get to them though, you need Art of War V to even get started and then multiple, new ranks of guild upgrades. To really get this going, we're talking most likely about influence in the hundreds of thousands.

Completely shuts out smaller guilds; there is no point in going that deep into Art of War as a small guild (nevermind the ones who don't w3 much) and since influence gains are not based on actual member counts (as it is in EQ2 and WoW i believe) this will take months to even unlock.

Living Story in its entirety was supposed to be an expansions worth of content, the second update added random portal events in two low-level zones. You stand in front of a portal and kill some waves with other, most likely culled, people and that is the update on that one. Not quite a story or a decent piece of content.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Living Story is only in its first (second?) phase, so it's hard to see how much content it will result in when it's complete, especially since their goal seems to be to slowly roll things out over the next few months and not just through content updates. I also don't think it was the Living Story alone they were referring to when they said they'd be releasing an "expansion worth of content".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing. Quite a lot actually. The past 2 patches have been pretty decent.