Guild Wars 2

spronk

FPS noob
dumb question but is there any in-game advantage to being in a guild while leveling? I bought at launch but none of the family/friends I was going to play with ended up playing, so kinda abandoned the game at level 10. Will probably play a bit during x-mas but just wondering if it matters if I am in a guild or not.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We have one week of school left before I get about a month off and now that GW2 has some time under its belt, I was curious how you would compare the GW2 PvP experience to say, Rift's? Looking for a MMO to spend Christmas break goofing around on but, I've read great things regarding Rift's current game and their PvP but GW2 seems to have some things going for it as well. Either way, I have to sink money into a Rift expansion or GW2.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
dumb question but is there any in-game advantage to being in a guild while leveling? I bought at launch but none of the family/friends I was going to play with ended up playing, so kinda abandoned the game at level 10. Will probably play a bit during x-mas but just wondering if it matters if I am in a guild or not.
Find a huge guild. They usually run bonuses (karma, exp, magic find, etc).

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
10% rebuild on walls is interesting. Not sure I like it.

What would be really cool is if 0-20% walls gave a cripple, but let players through.

Not sure what to think about the pve based breakout.

I feel like just have the NPC. give +20 supply

Erendis_sl

shitlord
We have one week of school left before I get about a month off and now that GW2 has some time under its belt, I was curious how you would compare the GW2 PvP experience to say, Rift's? Looking for a MMO to spend Christmas break goofing around on but, I've read great things regarding Rift's current game and their PvP but GW2 seems to have some things going for it as well. Either way, I have to sink money into a Rift expansion or GW2.
Rift is really, really good for his PvE, the dungeons are really good, good bosses mechanics, the PvP especially if you start now, not sure you will enjoy it. The WvW of Guild Wars 2 beside what you can read here and around is quite good and interesting, and the PvP in arena is not very different from the one from Rift. If you want to try Rift one day, start with it, Guild Wars 2 will be around for several years, but it's hard to go back to Rift after Guild Wars 2, everything feels quite slow especially combat (In my opinion of course).

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
GW2 for the PVP Rift for the PVE. Although, I do like some of the dungeons in GW2.

There are more reasons to play one over the other but those reasons are more personal choice, combat, animations, graphics, UI, leveling (quest hub vs. free formed) etc. Both will give you a solid month of content, though.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
I'm still low level, but I find the pve in gw2 so far to be fantastic. Just completed the jumping puzzle in Lion's Arch last night where they turn the lights off, so fun. Then we duo'd a friggin raid mob Giant assaulting a town, it was pretty exhilarating, dying, barely getting my buddy rezzed, rezzing guards to help. GW2 may have it's flaws, but I haven't had this much fun levelling in a mmo in a long time.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
You gain influence(guild exp) from doing various activities, which the guild can use to build upgrades, such as the temp buffs to karma exp magic find, extra stats in pvp at the guild keep, you need to turn on Represent. You can also make a guild for yourself, you don't need 5 or 10 people like other games, which is useful if you want to get some extra bank space.

walnut_sl

shitlord
Hey everyone, decade long lurker here. Have played almost every mmo to come out since EQ (other than the original guild wars!). I got stuck with Rift for a long time, and moved back to WoW when the GW2 hype train was in full steam. But I saw a couple of reviews and bought it. This is the first mmo I've bought without knowing a goddamned thing about it before hand so I'm actually pretty overwhelmed. I'd love to join everyone for wvw, but I have some learning and leveling to do. Can anyone recommend some resources/guides etc where can figure out what the fuck I'm doing in crafting and whatnot?

Ames_sl

shitlord
Follow their directions herehttps://en.support.guildwars2.com/ap...tail/a_id/9053

I sent them an email with just the info they required without any explanation of why I wanted a refund and received one within 24 hours. The only requirement they have is that you bought the game directly from their website as a digital DL. Good luck!

refundh.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. I got $60 worth of fun at least and may go back once my wow-mania dies down.

Honestly, anet did some good things here. They at least tried to solve problems facing the genre in ways that were blizzard-esque. Maybe not in the ways some people wanted, but I think they earned a box cost from me.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
More than earned the box cost. They made some stupid design decisions but what game hasn't?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed, I only played for about 2-3 weeks and quit the game mostly bored and somewhat disappointed... but I am not going to ask for my money back. I had some good times and they earned the price of the box. Plus... who knows, I might return someday, and would rather have my max level character there waiting for me if I do. It is still the best single player, online game ever made.