Guild Wars 2

xzi

Mouthbreather
We're between games, trying to figure out if Archeage, TESO or Wildstar is the next new game. I'm not even sure how close those three games will release. Either way we'll be hitting the next game with the same vigor we did with GW2.

I wish PS2 released around now, cause then we'd probably join that officially. I couldn't get into it because I was too lazy to find an organized largescale group in it.
I mostly run around in small squads in Planetside. It's pretty amazing how well people communicate in that game for just playing with total randoms. Squad waypoints are huge too because even if people have you muted or whatever they generally go straight to the waypoint once it's down. In my experience anyways.

But that's great, I hope I can join back up with you guys wherever you decide to go.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You do know you can still play with the regular character models right? I think you are giving people on beta boards way to much credit for thinking they knew how to fix the culling issue. It was probably many things and not just one. The people on the beta boards were the same people that said they should release with more servers. We all know that would have been a fucking stupid decision.
Either way they took way too long to fix the problem.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Either way they took way too long to fix the problem.
I could've dealt with the culling. But when you threw the fact that WvWvW didn't really have any sort of meaning/carrot on top of it? I lost all interest. I kept trying, because PRX were an awesome group to play with, but even that fact couldn't save it. Even a leaderboard/stats would've worked in the interim.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I could've dealt with the culling. But when you threw the fact that WvWvW didn't really have any sort of meaning/carrot on top of it? I lost all interest. I kept trying, because PRX were an awesome group to play with, but even that fact couldn't save it. Even a leaderboard/stats would've worked in the interim.
Man, you really couldn't deal with the culling. I fought PRX quite a bit and it was pointless because you had literally 100 people in a 20x20 area. Nobody ever loaded your zerg.

When we fought LESSER ZERGs, you could have 20 guys on one interior tower at a garrison fighting attackers that breached the inner wall and were on another interior tower. These things were what, 50 ft apart? You could see nobody there. It was exceptionally stupid.

Swizzy_sl

shitlord
This is how I felt. PRX was fun to play with, but the game got so boring so quick that I just lost all interest in it. WvW, instanced 'bigger' PvP. Wildstar warplots seems much more interesting since it is 40 on 40 so there is no number advantage.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This is how I felt. PRX was fun to play with, but the game got so boring so quick that I just lost all interest in it. WvW, instanced 'bigger' PvP. Wildstar warplots seems much more interesting since it is 40 on 40 so there is no number advantage.
Same here. I realized pretty much anything was a better use of time than WvWvW. Plus people will always be cheesy in PvP so you started seeing more thieves abuse culling, pretty much being invisible and untargettable 95% of the time thanks to shitty culling. Then in zergs more and more people abused the mesmer portals. Nothing like 50 people popping on top of you, getting 2-3 AEs off before the server even bothered to render the 1st guy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The worst was scouting and staying far far away from zergs then dying for no reason and 20 seconds later 200 people are all of a sudden dancing on your corpse. Shit was frustrating.

Still had a blast with the short time I got to play with PRX, really looking forward to the next game and hope the game is in better condition to handle it. I still don't understand why you guys couldn't jump in PS2 now.

EDIT: I mean you guys could jump on any server with a low VS population and completely fuck over the other factions.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Low VS population? So basically any server ever.

I miss the jump puzzles in GW2 though as well, I'm hoping for wildstar to bring some more fun like that.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Installed sweetFX and my god does it make this game look incredible, I can't play the game without it now.

If you want to see how it looks with vs without check it outhere. You can of course tweak it yourself but I just prefer to use other people's presets.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Think I'm going to shelve Defiance for now and give this another shot. I guess everyone left Henge of Denravi? Anyone still playing this?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what weapons do people use when leveling as a necro? So far none of the options are really leaping out at me.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Boner. Best weapon, most rapey.

So stupidly missed out on the $40 deal ending yesterday and GMG is outta stock on keys, is this on sale anywhere? Need a 2nd account.

Phred_sl

shitlord
So what weapons do people use when leveling as a necro? So far none of the options are really leaping out at me.
I leveled my necro with scepter and dagger mainly with the staff as an alternate. I used summons however which appearanly isn't all the popular but worked well for me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Sceptre/Dagger + Staff, use Locust for move speed and the rest as minions. Minion screen + bleeds = easy leveling.