Guild Wars 2

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
How are Engineers these days? I never finished getting mine to 80. Stalled out at 71 or so.
Grenade builds are still solid but HGH with p/p (condition damage) builds are really strong as well. No matter what, I would still stick with Might stacking and run around with Toolkit as Prybar rocks (5 stacks of confusion).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Thats the build I was messing around with last time I played. Loved the prybar. I never liked condition builds.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Thats the build I was messing around with last time I played. Loved the prybar. I never liked condition builds.
Engineers can put out some of the best conditions around but if you don't like condition builds perhaps give an Ele or Thief a shot?

Caliane

yeah, I am not impressed with patches for balance. Too slow, not fixing bugs, and nonsensical issues being addressed.

engineers I think need a major overhaul in core mechanics honestly, which is a big deal, and I understand not getting this right away. But I don't even get the impression they have any idea much of the class is broken.

Grenades were OP. But it really seems like they have no idea WHY grenades were op. And then nerfing the wrong parts of grenades, while not fixing any of the other engi issues that make gadgets, pistols, bombs, etc nearly unusable. Closest thing to an actual fix was sigils, and weapon stats for kits.

Another good lesson from LoL is constant small balance patching. This is especially needed in a F2P game. bi-weekly fixes, even minor will keep people logging in, and checking to see how they rework combat. This is really needed for spvp. it keeps things interesting. Since balance can shift overnight. And you don't get months of 1 class being god.
Granted, I think engineers need an overhaul, not tweaks, as mentioned.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Engineers can put out some of the best conditions around but if you don't like condition builds perhaps give an Ele or Thief a shot?
I have no desire to play the game anymore, I was just commenting that I never enjoyed the play style of a condition build. Even then, a condition Thief is one of the best leveling PVE build.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Another good lesson from LoL is constant small balance patching. This is especially needed in a F2P game. bi-weekly fixes, even minor will keep people logging in, and checking to see how they rework combat. This is really needed for spvp. it keeps things interesting. Since balance can shift overnight. And you don't get months of 1 class being god.
Granted, I think engineers need an overhaul, not tweaks, as mentioned.
I agree with this statement 100%. I never liked how the Engineer was built. It never really fit together well in my opinion. The class has always been this way, since alpha.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't believe how badly they fucked up the temple events and cursed shore with this patch. What the fuck were they thinking.

Caliane

I agree with this statement 100%. I never liked how the Engineer was built. It never really fit together well in my opinion. The class has always been this way, since alpha.
yeah. Engi is my most geared, and really that is the only reason I still focus on it.

My mesmer, rogue, elem, war all play much better, and have more viable builds.

Engi is screwed for a number of reasons. Right from the getgo.

The skill system. 2 weapon swaps. Elem is the other one that can't swap. But they have attunments of course. giving access to a full cadre of skills. elems have a valid complaint with arcane traits being a must.
Engineers dont have swaps. they have 1 weapon. with kits. the problem right off is the rest of the game wasn't built on kits. it was built on 2 weapon swapping. This is ESPECIALLY true with traits, which 2 weeks before beta had free pick. Adding the tiers fucked engis over big time.
Engi traits tend to be super focused. t3 must haves for any give weapon/kit. Making it so, if you expected to have 2 or 3 kits slotted, only 1 of them is traited for, and thus effective. this isn't really true with other professions. Most have much more versatile options. I use my mesmer as an example, with glamor traits being all over the place.
If you want to use flamethrower,you go 30 firearms, 30 alch. No other options, all the related traits are in those lines. Grenades, 30 explosives. etc. The only real options engis have is 30 tools or 30 alch as a secondary focus with a few builds. generally rifle builds.

Kits themselves are shit. Due to raw weapon damage being low. 827 ave weapon damage on kits. this could be, but is not countered with higher skill coeffs.
Flamethrower is especially bad. with its skill coeffs being incredibly low. Grenades prenerf did 6-10times as much damage as flamethrower. Seriously.

Grenades are only viable because of incredibly poor balancing. 25 points in explosive gives 1 stack of vul per grenade(explosion) and 30 points in explosives gives +1 grenade and extra range.
This means 5 points in explosives at that level, increases your damage output by 80%. Think about how insane that is. why in the hell does 5 points make such a difference in a build?
Seriously. 2 grenades normally. +1 for 3 after. that is a 50% damage increase. Name one other trait that does that. But thats not even the end of it. +1 grenade also means +1 bleeds, +1 status effects. chill lasts another 6s. You are now applying 3 stacks of vul every throw. you can stack 24 stacks of vul yourself in 6seconds. permanently.
There is a reason grenades were so much of a must have. and it was those two traits. What did they do? nerfed grenades core damage coeff. Which now means LEVELING grenade is complete shit, as you dont have vul and you dont have 3 grenades, you have 2. or if you are using grenades as a secondary kit. useless. they are only viable now, if its traited for. And that is a large problem with the profession as early noted. grenades without grenadier, flamethrower without fireforged, or juggernaut, etc. not viable.

Turrets are still broken for the most part. die instantly, huge cooldown. why mesmers have 6s-20s cooldowns on theirs, and turrets are 60s, I have no idea. Turrets also still do not scale with stats. so another entire quarter of the class is not useable.

Static discharge builds are the only other viable atm that I am aware of. This is what I am atm. The buff to rifle turret is nice for it too.
30 firearms, 30 tools. rifle, static discharge. toolkit, rifle turret, rocket boots. throw wrench,surpirse shot, and rocket kick all procing static discharge. tons of burst. you yourself are very soft though.

Crit damage was of course a dumb thing to put in the game as I first noted. power, crit and crit damage FAR outpace cond damage and armor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone know a server where the Diessa Plateau dead drops are definitely not bugged? Cause they're missing on SBI and that's all I have left to finish up the living story bs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone know a server where the Diessa Plateau dead drops are definitely not bugged? Cause they're missing on SBI and that's all I have left to finish up the living story bs.
Fort Aspenwood. As of right now, they are all there and able to interact with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks. took all of five minutes on a server where they actually exist, now I have the fused gauntlets that I don't give a crap about!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finished the stepping stones jumping puzzle not realizing there was a sample up there, fuckin rage!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We're aware of the login issues and we're working on it. Don't worry, we didn't just convert all of you to free trial players! ~RB2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Blow up? In what capacity?

The next content patch is out and there have been talks of an expansion by the devs.
Everyone just got kicked from the servers.

I really like the new zone/area but fuck crab toss.