Guild Wars 2

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Everyone just got kicked from the servers.

I really like the new zone/area but fuck crab toss.
Crab toss is a load of shit. It's not fun, you have to win at least once, the mobs they add just make the whole thing frustrating and, well, it's just plain dumb.

Gotta have that medusa head back though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crab toss is a load of shit. It's not fun, you have to win at least once, the mobs they add just make the whole thing frustrating and, well, it's just plain dumb.

Gotta have that medusa head back though.
Yea, I'm not a fan of Crab Toss. You don't need to win it though, just play it once and you'll get an achievement, then you can go do all the other ones (Samples, NPC's, Events, etc.) and get up to 25 for the Tentacle backpiece. There are usually some mesmer's around who offer to port people up to the islet that has a sample on it so you don't have to do the jumping puzzle.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Yea, I'm not a fan of Crab Toss. You don't need to win it though, just play it once and you'll get an achievement, then you can go do all the other ones (Samples, NPC's, Events, etc.) and get up to 25 for the Tentacle backpiece. There are usually some mesmer's around who offer to port people up to the islet that has a sample on it so you don't have to do the jumping puzzle.
Look at your list. You need to pick up a crab 300 times, steal one 100 times and win a match once, among the other crab-centric bullshit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What he's saying is you can skip that one to get the major achievement, unless you just have to get them all. There is no way in hell I can stand it enough to do that. Looks like you can skip all of those crab ones and get the major achievement.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The next part of the current living story arc allows for more achievements anyway, so if you care for the backpiece it'll be no problem to get. Servers being down made me do a PoE race, was a good distraction.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Trying to decide which class to take to 80 after completing Warrior, Guardian, and Ranger. Which class has the best PvE survivability and clearance rate? I am thinking Necro or Ele but having trouble deciding. Was also considering Mesmer but the butterflies sound complicated.

Hekotat

Mesmer is cool for portals and shit but survivability isn't near what a Necro's will be. Sounds like you definitely need a caster in the mix, I'd pick whatever sounds the most fun

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trying to decide which class to take to 80 after completing Warrior, Guardian, and Ranger. Which class has the best PvE survivability and clearance rate? I am thinking Necro or Ele but having trouble deciding. Was also considering Mesmer but the butterflies sound complicated.
Ele is more fun, Necro is more powerful.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
What he's saying is you can skip that one to get the major achievement, unless you just have to get them all. There is no way in hell I can stand it enough to do that. Looks like you can skip all of those crab ones and get the major achievement.
24/25 on my 45 necromancer and too low level to eat the omelette sitting in my inventory lol. Oh the humanity! Can't wear the tentacle back yet anyway but I sure as hell wasn't going to miss a piece that awesome. For those that don't know you get scaled UP to 80 in Southsun.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
24/25 on my 45 necromancer and too low level to eat the omelette sitting in my inventory lol. Oh the humanity! Can't wear the tentacle back yet anyway but I sure as hell wasn't going to miss a piece that awesome. For those that don't know you get scaled UP to 80 in Southsun.
Yeah, the back is cool, but a bit underwhelming once you are wearing it.

I think ANet should open the full map and scale you ala Southsun. I should be able to go into Orr with 80s as an 80.

All the action on the instigators in Southsun has been a blast. Super fast leveling and buku loot/gold.

Playing this game mega casual is fo sho the way to go on this game.

Hekotat

Holy shit I did not know this. Time to farm on the war!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I solved my problem with deciding between elementalist, necro, and mesmer by making one of each and playing them for the first 10 levels. My surprise choice to keep playing was the Mesmer. The interesting mechanics, unexpected survivability, and the fantastic aesthetic hooked me, as well as melting faces with a floating greatsword. As I read, it just gets better but leveling hadn't been any issue for me through the first 20.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
If Mesmer is the same as it was months ago, depending on the build, you only really die due to lack of planning. Portals, teleports, clones, and condition removal/transfer. You don't kill anything on equal footing quickly, but you have amazing survivability.

Hekotat

Mesmers are really great fun and that's what I'll be rolling up next for sure. Also keep in mind you can make some good money from porting people to the end of jump puzzles in Lions Arch off tips alone.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought this game months ago, but just started playing it this week. I have an 11 Necro, but not finding it all that fun. Maybe I'll check out a Mesmer.

Hekotat

The hardest part is figuring out how to enjoy the world especially after playing something like WoW. Talking to all the NPC's for backstory and exploring are really where this game shines. Keep in mind the zones don't start getting challenging til around level 20. That being said this game isn't for everyone, I wasn't really feeling it until I came back, altered my approach and tried it a few months after launch.

Does anyone know if it scales you up to 80 for the Explorable mode dungeon in Southsun?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When I say I'm not finding it fun, I really mean the Necro. The actual game, storylines, collectibles, etc I really am enjoying. Just looking for something more interesting than the current 'spam marks on the ground' that I seem to be doing.

Hekotat

Yeah I wasn't too keen on the Necro either.

Try out the Elementalist, it's one of the funnest classes I've ever played. Especially Dagger/Dagger it's very fast paced and they have some cool utility skills.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I've found each classes enjoyment level is hugely reliant on what weapon spec you like the most. I have a Ranger that I was loving using the longbow on until I picked up a shortbow, now it feels so slow I usually only switch to longbow as a secondary to fire off rain of arrows.

Hekotat

Soygen; you can always take any char into the SPVP area and get all skills/traits unlocked with free respecs if you really want to see how a class will feel later on.