Guild Wars 2

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
all the hidden shit in the game is the best part for sure, unlike WoW where many caves had the exactly same design/pathing. How all the little stories and lore collaborate is one of my favorite parts. I make it a point to talk to all NPC's for the first time ever.
I do the same thing, hell I've read the first book (second one was ass.) I just purchased then newest one. I can honestly say I talked to every NPC in Divinity's Reach but when I get out in the open world the game just falls flat for me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. NFC. I try to do events when they pop, and hearts. Those are my 2 main focus' however. I don't really have OCD for map completion and if I do see something cool I generally focus on doing my heart(s) first. If you don't out level the PVE you will get ass stomped too in my experience. Maybe I'm just bad at dodging.

As it stands now I've got 3 level 80's on my account and I didn't do a thing on them except WvW once I hit 80 (from crafting 25-80.) I wouldn't even know where to start from a PVE standpoint so that doesn't help either lol.

Caliane

yeah. I was running around ascalon on my 80 engineer. was going around for map completion.
I run through this camp, clear it out, and move on. Get to the heart in the area, and achieve it just doing random killing. but decide to do the event anyway. It was an event where you use a item to tame skale. do that, and of course the npc runs up to another. has a conversation, says a terrible joke about unleashing a "full skale war". And then grabs the skale to go back and attack the camp I had just ran through. followed anyway.
when we get there, there is a mesmer, who just ported in and aggroed a bunch of npcs, got swarmed and died. I easily kill the npcs and revive her. now, as I follow the npcs to clear the camp, I notice her run up to the cliff face, and up a what is now a conspicuous path that leads up to "no where". Finished the event. and ran back to follow her. And of course. jumping puzzle I totally ran right by earlier without noticing. Helped her a couple times as she died to traps, and even I got caught once.

I am definitely in the sidetrack crowd. start with a plan to do one thing. maybe collect craft mats. ooooh a cave! lets explore it!. ooooh, a boss event! lets go do it. oooh, a veteran, lets kill it!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me levelling and exploring is the top part of the game, this includes the first run you do in dungeons story mode and eventually the 3 paths of explorable mode.
True also for many other things, do them enough time and they can become a bit boring, except when you change class (if you're the altoholic type) and experience them again from a different point of view.

In my opinion the world is very beatiful, fun to explore, can be challenging at times (depending on the zone) and allows for soloers to look for good challenges, including soloing champions, which takes a long time and is not worth for the rewards, but for the challenge itself.

You can play a class in a way that is far from traditional when soloing in PvE and still have a blast doing so. I loved going around as a condition thief with 2 daggers and shortbow, stacking bleeds and poison like there's no tomorrow. Maybe it's less efficient, but I don't think that GW2 is a game where efficiency is very rewarding, unless your goal is to ding 80 then quit.
Being efficient in dungeons is a good thing tho, that means no conditions whatsoever (almost), berserker gear, lots of practice and finding a good group/guild to stack might/vulnerability in a reliable way.

At level 80 a respec is a small fee of 3s 50c and one minute of clicking on your trait panel. The only thing I miss in GW2 is healing as a role and while the game has several things that could be improved or changed (and some really should), it's 100% worth the box price.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Back in summer when they announced the plans for the rest of 2013 they mentioned new skills. I'm hoping they realized that emphasizing roles more would be healthy for the game. They dont need to go retool the game into full trinity but somewhere between that and the current GW2 is a sweet spot they need to work towards.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4nTDepQ.jpg

WvW in a nutshell.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Survivable/Not Gimped melee classes. What are they? (speaking WvW, I guess. Not being shit in pve would be a bonus)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Whenever you want to ask what class to pick for wharever part of the game to do well, the answer is warrior. Well except fun, if you cant stand warrior gameplay try something like guardian or mesmer

Saban_sl

shitlord
Trying to reset your guild wars 2 password is impossible, who actually keeps the email with the cd key? Anyone know what special characters a GW2 password required? Uppercase or punctuation?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Are the legendary precursors still annoying as fuck to get? I got lucky on the legendary axe because I got the precursor on my first attempt at the mystic toilet. When I quit, I was nearly complete with the legendary shortbow but was missing the precursor. If there was a way to get it without being at the mercy of the rng gods, I'd go back and get it done.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Still the same odds to get them, but the price on the TP has tripled. However they've been mentioning another way to obtain is coming (been saying that for half a year, I figure it'll be another half until we get that).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bit the bullet and xfered to Blackgate, if anyone has an active guild I would like to request an invite. Hekotat.2497

Stave

Potato del Grande
I started on Blackgate last week, but I have a RL acquaintance that plays on Sanctum of Rall so I deleted my chars and started up there. I didn't know this at the time but as a bonus I got to keep my money/purple triangle things.

I am enjoying this game much more than my first few days. Even though there is something about it that just feels kind of F2Pish, it really is an enjoyable game. I do like some of the things like auction house over all the worlds, ways to get gems without paying RL money, black lion chests where you can get random shop items and stuff from what I understand, and I followed a zerg train around and it was like a loot pinata, I felt like I was just getting so many green/blue items, even though they probably suck.

I am still switching back and forth between Warrior and Thief though, still haven't decided on one. My war is level 12, and my thief 8, so I am still in newbie levels. I do need to figure out this trait stuff because I haven't gotten any new skills yet but know I can buy them but not sure whats good and whatnot. Also I did hear something a bit disheartening. I read that the content they add is like temporary chapters? Like I wont get to play most of the content they added since launch, because they add content, it is out for a few months, and then they turn it off and add different stuff. Is that true? Sounds like the stupidest concept I have ever heard of but what do I know I'm level 12.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The living story runs for about 2 weeks at a time, they only started the living story a few months ago so all you're really missing is holiday stuff which will be back every year with tweaks. Some of the living story stuff stays around, like the Scarlet invasions which happen to an entire zone every once in a while, and the super adventure box stuff they brought back a second time. But their plan is to keep the living story going with new stuff, like the new one starting today is changing a part of kessex hills. You're not really missing that much as yet, and new stuff every 2 weeks anyways.

If you enjoy running with the zerg then stick with the warrior plus they're anet's favorite of the month/year, thief is good for solo roaming.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The great thing about this game is that you can come back months later and not have to burn yourself out to upgrade everything. Most of the rewards from the living world events are vanity items anyway. It won't take long to level up to 80 anyway and stuff like the mad king labyrinth scales you to 80.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
My abilities don't have that healing on them, how do I get that to happen? Level 53 now, is that a lvl 80 thing?

The healing pics of warrior that mist posted a few posts back.