Guild Wars 2

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Did they fix ride the lightning yet? If so I might play it again and complete all the PVE quests. By fixed I mean like how it was at release where it had a quick cooldown and the caster wasn't affected by gravity during the spell (cause they're fucking lightning).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Given the size of GW2 zones, there's a potential of four zones total lifted from GW1:
- Tangleroot Hills (access thru Henge of Denravi in Brisban, and possibly the Metrica Province)
- Silverwood / Aurora Glade (would include Ventari's Refuge, a major lore point for Sylvari)
- The Falls area (which is where Mordremoth is supposed to have awakened)
- possibly Bloodstone Fen (which would include Mamnoon Lagoon and Sage Lands?), but that's not an important area to push toward the dragon, so I wouldn't be surprised it wasn't in.

So, yea. 3 zones. Spread over a year, no doubt.
Isnt Bloodstone Fen somewhere in the area that is now sparkfly fen? Anyway, They'll probably manage to put 2-3 of those GW1 areas into one GW2 zone and call it a day.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Did they fix ride the lightning yet? If so I might play it again and complete all the PVE quests. By fixed I mean like how it was at release where it had a quick cooldown and the caster wasn't affected by gravity during the spell (cause they're fucking lightning).
Nope, they fixed most of the funny movement glitches

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Is PVE dungeon crawling still a clusterfuck? Perhaps it's just a L2P issue for this particular game, but the lack of a tank and healer in GW2 soured the PVE dungeons for me. I played a melee thief and my self heals were not enough to keep me alive.

How does the SPvP work now? When I played at launch I don't recall there being much of an inventive to play it except to practice PVPing with your build.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Dungeons are very dps and dodge heavy, but there is certainly a learning curve and a group that knows each other is much more efficient then the usual pug that basically plays like 5 people soloing next to each other.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Melee are usually fucked in Dungeons, depending on the fight I switch to ranged and just fuck shit up.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Is PVE dungeon crawling still a clusterfuck? Perhaps it's just a L2P issue for this particular game, but the lack of a tank and healer in GW2 soured the PVE dungeons for me. I played a melee thief and my self heals were not enough to keep me alive.

How does the SPvP work now? When I played at launch I don't recall there being much of an inventive to play it except to practice PVPing with your build.
You can supposedly breeze through some of the dungeon paths in like 15 mins, provided you know what you're doing anyways. I don't do dungeons as it turned me off very early on as well, I would rather the traditional way of doing them. Also the rewards being mostly cosmetic with stuff looking like shit anyways except citadel of flame, nowadays you can get like 2gold a run or something. But yes mostly a L2P dungeons gw2 style issue.

They revamped sPVP rewards, they introduced reward tracks for various things such as regions in the game, or dungeons which they rotate out every 2 weeks, also one special track to earn a flaming balthazar back piece. So for example the current open dungeon track is sorrow's embrace, in that track they offer champ bags and 3 weapons boxes and 1 armor box as the main rewards, there's a mini track in between those big rewards which rewards various things like tomes of knowledge, crafting mats, blue/green item drop bags. Takes about 5 of the mini tracks to get to one of the main rewards. When the dungeon track rotates out you either wait for it to come up again or you can continue on it if you completed the story mode of the dungeon.

The region tracks are open all the time and they offer champ bag loot, all tracks are also repeatable. You can only earn a certain amount of rank exp from the public games every day, and then you have to switch to teampvp if you want to earn more that day.

Ranks are still in there so you can earn the finishers as well. They updated the UI so it's much easier to switch out builds on the fly instead of having to go buy a new set of gear for it (well you still need to buy weapons but you can use common don't need exotics).

Melee are usually fucked in Dungeons, depending on the fight I switch to ranged and just fuck shit up.
No. Most fights are great for Guards and Warriors. Ranged are more often at a disadvantage in the true high damage groups. I think it's more fun to play a squishy bouncy ranged class but guards and warriors are two of the three most sought after dungeon classes.

You can supposedly breeze through some of the dungeon paths in like 15 mins, provided you know what you're doing anyways. I don't do dungeons as it turned me off very early on as well, I would rather the traditional way of doing them. Also the rewards being mostly cosmetic with stuff looking like shit anyways except citadel of flame, nowadays you can get like 2gold a run or something. But yes mostly a L2P dungeons gw2 style issue.

They revamped sPVP rewards, they introduced reward tracks for various things such as regions in the game, or dungeons which they rotate out every 2 weeks, also one special track to earn a flaming balthazar back piece. So for example the current open dungeon track is sorrow's embrace, in that track they offer champ bags and 3 weapons boxes and 1 armor box as the main rewards, there's a mini track in between those big rewards which rewards various things like tomes of knowledge, crafting mats, blue/green item drop bags. Takes about 5 of the mini tracks to get to one of the main rewards. When the dungeon track rotates out you either wait for it to come up again or you can continue on it if you completed the story mode of the dungeon.

The region tracks are open all the time and they offer champ bag loot, all tracks are also repeatable. You can only earn a certain amount of rank exp from the public games every day, and then you have to switch to teampvp if you want to earn more that day.

Ranks are still in there so you can earn the finishers as well. They updated the UI so it's much easier to switch out builds on the fly instead of having to go buy a new set of gear for it (well you still need to buy weapons but you can use common don't need exotics).
You can definitely breeze dungeons with a speed group. Fractals are a bit tougher to do and one or two of the dungeons are pretty slow.

Most rewards are cosmetics or one kind or another. There is a tier of armor that is about a 5% bonus that is tough to get and the legendary weapons are incredibly time consuming. Legendaries have the 5% bonus and you can spec the legendary weapons on the fly.

Dungeons are very dps and dodge heavy, but there is certainly a learning curve and a group that knows each other is much more efficient then the usual pug that basically plays like 5 people soloing next to each other.
Yeah but dungeons are not hard so pugging them is pretty easy. Even high level fractals are very doable in a good pug. I've done high 40s with pugs fine. COE is actually the one you cannot pug.

Yes sort of. Not sure what you mean by PvE quests. THe game sort of has no quests. Did you mean personal story? If so then after level 30 or so the stories all merge so you can just spin through the pretty neat low level ones in a couple of weeks. Some are great but many are crap.

If you meant events... well.. um I still find events I have not done. I have over a 1000 hours in now. There are definitely really cool events to do on the way up that are worth logging in just to do.

Nubcake. It's really really easy to stay alive. It's just not a traditional holy trinity game. It's all about learning the fights, your own vulnerabilities and making sure to keep an eye on others in the group. You can add a ton of survivability in many different ways. If you have levelled up I can run some with you. I'm in max gear and I still have fun running them.

Let me save you some trouble.

Make a warrior.
Yep. War Mes or Guard are most sought after but really I fripping love my engi. Very hard to play but has a nice balance of group surviability and cleansing with Direct damage (good aoe direct) and good condition (dot) damage.

I am in great gear and know all the fights and still get booted from pickup groups from time to time as an engi.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes sort of. Not sure what you mean by PvE quests. THe game sort of has no quests. Did you mean personal story? If so then after level 30 or so the stories all merge so you can just spin through the pretty neat low level ones in a couple of weeks. Some are great but many are crap.

If you meant events... well.. um I still find events I have not done. I have over a 1000 hours in now. There are definitely really cool events to do on the way up that are worth logging in just to do.
Sorry, I meant I wanted to see the whole world and do all the heart quests.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Isnt Bloodstone Fen somewhere in the area that is now sparkfly fen? Anyway, They'll probably manage to put 2-3 of those GW1 areas into one GW2 zone and call it a day.
Sparkfly Fen is basically southern Kryta, not Maguuma. It's classified as Maguuma for the exploration, and achieves because otherwise, Maguuma would be 3 zones total, but it shouldn't be. It's one of the new zones that had no matching GW1 areas. Bloodstone Fen is NW Maguuma.

A GW1/GW2 superimposed map:http://i.imgur.com/hblHbGt.jpg

Sorry, I meant I wanted to see the whole world and do all the heart quests.
Ah you must be a completionist. Hearts are the most traditional of the PvE activity types. However, you need them all for World completion which you need for legendaries. Every map also has a major quest chain (or a few). Try and do these as well because they carry the zone's story and even in one case open up new areas like a puzzle dungeon.

The key to playing GW2 is to not do the same thing for long. Explore and grab dynamic quests, follow a bossmob chain for a bit, do a jumping puzzle, do a dungeon, swing through world bosses for a while, run a pvp map or two, hit WvW for a while then run some fractals. Mix that in with the new living story stuff in the beginning of next month.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dolyak farming was the most hardcore PvP leveling in the game. It actually accounted for a minority of my levels but I still hit 80 within 5 days of release!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Mix that in with the new living story stuff in the beginning of next month.
Trailer is up on the GW2 site, and yes, it's "The Gates of Maguuma". So here's to hoping for new Maguuma zones.

(of course, the trailer doesn't give the slightest hint of what it's going to be about, except, you know, we go there, and a bunch of bad guys await us)