Guild Wars 2

Caliane

200k karma isn't that much.
I had 1.3million when I came back, spent like 400k on various things to get achieves, alt gear, etc, and am already back up to 1.1 million.

there are some 400-500k karma items. legendary crafting, etc.
one thing you do want to buy with karma is Obsidian shards. Those are for the ascended crafting and just cleaning out bloodstone,stars, and dragoninte out of your inventory.
Crafting those 3 ascended refinements also, gets you to 475-500 fairly fast in a crafting discipline.
100-200 obsidian shards from karma, is not a bad idea.

If I only had 200k karma, I probably would not spend it on the karma armor.
Farming gold, then buying on the AH. Doing Spvp, or running the dungeon itself would all 3 be faster.

Runes/sigils are defiantly more expensive then the armor/weapons they are in. Especially the good ones. Probably should have mentioned that when talking about what to salvage. Might want to outright blacklion some if they have a really good rune/sigil. Pay attention. if a yellow has a superior sigil of force, might want to black lion for 100% chance.

yeah, just use rifle on megadestroyer/fire elem.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol i always wondered how to get Eternity... looking it up is just like.. "wat." crazy how people put that much effort into that weapon.

Is there worse grind than Eternity?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make Sunrise and Twilight, sell for 2500-3000 each, buy Eternity for 4000 and keep the leftover gold. You even get the Sunrise and Twilight skins unlocked too when you bind Eternity, in case you decide you don't like the day/night change.

But yeah, all the legendaries are a batshit insane grind. I laugh my ass off every time I see something from an ANet person claiming their games aren't about the "grind" when in fact GW and GW2 are two of the most grind-filled games outside of Korea. I loved GW 7H gameplay enough to overlook--and even kind of enjoy--it, but GW2 will probably never get me to do more than the bare minimum.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, if it wasn't for mystic forge RNG, I probably would go for them, they managed to make most of them really cool and plugging at it one drop at a time isn't so bad. With Anet's design philosophy, you know those weapons will be viable forever, so it's not like WoW where expansion greens are upgrades.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Couple random questions:

I'm curious what other warriors do at world bosses such as Megadestroyer. The ranged zerg keeps him out in the middle of the lava the whole time so melee is out of the question. Do you bring a bow even though he's immune to burning? Or is a rifle better in that case? Melee is really fucking annoying in this [PVE] game, seems like someone at ANet has a hard-on for making fights as melee unfriendly as possible.

I've got like 200k karma now, thoughts on whether it's actually worth bothering with exotic armor that can't be salvaged or if I should just convert it to gold (cloth gloves -> mystic toilet)? It wouldn't generate enough gold to actually buy berserker's draconic armor though, so I'm thinking that maybe it's not really such a bad idea to farm another 50k karma, buy a set of berserker's armageddon, and put ~25g worth of Scholar runes in it even if I can never get them back.

Anyone know if there's any other way to contact ANet support other than their bullshit ticket system? I'm at 12+ days waiting for a password reset on my GW1 account so I can link it. Looking at the tech support forum, I see people who have been waiting over two *months* for the same thing, which is fucking insane.
Rifle for some world bosses: consider that I play with all graphics maxed out and on some fights I can only get 10-15 fps for the gargantuescan multitude of people surrounding a boss. So I just say fuck it and shoot bullets through its head. You can melee most of them, some are just too annoying or almost impossible.

Karma: if you want, you can purchase a set of exotic armor from Orr temple vendors with the Soldier stats (Power, Toughness Vitality) to do some fights like Tequatl, which is immune to critical hits and does serious ae damage. To make that set, you have to wait until the temple events have been completed and the merchant unlocked, the soldier set is spread over 2 or 3 vendors (well, it was, not sure if they changed this). You can find probably the info on Dulfy. I used to have quite a lot of karma on each one of my characters and when they merged the currencies to be account bound, I found myself with a couple million karma points (before ascended armor was even a thing, if I remember correctly). First thing I did was purchasing some temple armor for 2 or 3 characters.

Tickets: I sent one tonight, never did before, can't help sorry.

penalty_sl

shitlord
So I'm about to hit 80 on my warrior and I have over 1000 badges, enough to buy a full set of WvW armor. This is what I want right? I heard basically all karma/wvw/tp armor is the same. So once I buy it, just rune it up and im gg unless I want ascended?

I read that I cant salvage out the runes but is it really a huge deal if I dont plan on getting ascended gear?

Should I just buy zerker gear off the TP with gold? I can salvage that if need be right?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Using wvw armor you won't be able to take the runes out except for using an extractor (which no rune is worth more than the gem cost of the extractor), the only problem with that is if you plan on switching your stats later on. Such as going from zerk back to knights or soldiers gear, you're going to have to buy runes again, although it may not even be the same ones you might want to use. Set of zerk is always good to have around anyways if you plan on doing pve stuff. You won't be able to get full sets of certain stats of gear through karma, so unless you want some screwed up stats you're going to have to buy them through wvw or the tp or craft them anyways.

If you plan on using expensive runes (like strength) I would suggest sticking them on armor bought on the tp or crafted. I've spent more gold in the game buying new runes and sigils and sticking them in badge bought armor, I've gotten at least 3 sets of melandru runes for my necro when I was zerg busting, which I could have minimized the cost if I had just moved the runes instead (the runes cost more than getting new armor). Each time I really didn't think I would want to switch again, and then I moved to small fights and roaming and switched to a different set of armor and runes anyways.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My warrior is getting a set of Berserker's armor with karma and just putting Scholar runes in it, and WvW armor is basically the same as that. They're less than half the price of Strength runes and pretty much just as good. Might be a dead end in the long run, but I don't really care. It will be well into the expansion before I even consider getting ascended; I'm not even going to level up armorsmith until then anyway, since I'm going to use that for 7-10 levels of my Revenant.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
HoT beta is up, but apparently it's the same version they have shown in their PR event and during cons, so not much yet, but the Revenant is in.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
ArenaNet just put up a post about the new way to acquire precursors.Link

The short version: level up the 'precursor crafting' mastery track, and you'll unlock a collection quest, complete the collection,and you'll be able to craft the precursor (or craft a pre-precursor, then you further level up the mastery track, do a new collection, and then upgrade the pre-precursor to a full precursor).

Need to see it in action, but it certainly sounds more interesting than what we have now.

Oh yeah, and the new legendaries and their precursors are going to be no-trade, so no more buying them off the auction house.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll wait to see all the collections before I make up my mind, but it seems like it does a decent job of breaking up the big jump of either having the precursor or not. There's still option that some part will be obnoxiously difficult or contested by all players, but I'm optimistic

Caliane

collections for biolum, etc were a great idea. using it for legendaries makes alot of sense.

should be finishing biolum and ascended rifle tomorrow or so.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there a way to see what "specials" are on their store without logging in? I want to catch the next time they add the katana skin, i missed it a month or two ago
frown.png

Caliane

New borderlands map.
74s8iPH.jpg

Looks overwrought to me. I don't think the pvp team really understands pvp. feel like 90% of new players are just going to be getting lost all the time. With no idea where to go, what to do, or how to even get from point to point. total pvp design failure.

Caliane

what is the point of those southern waypoints? so close to invaders points, they will always be in contention for homezone, and so close to invaders, they may as well not exist.

alot of the edge of the mists ideas implemented of course, as expected.
https://youtu.be/Oolz4LpoSPI

The team doesn't give me any confidence they understand how to design a map for mass pvp. they seem to only understand pve. (makes me even wonder if Silverwastes was an accident. The ONLY map with good flow. This borderland looks like edge of the mists, drytop, and orr. all of which have terrible flow.)
Ready up, dev walkthrough/talk.
Twitch

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Looks like way too many fucking routes to get from point a to point b. I know they're trying to break the zerg up and funnel people through chokes, but that looks like they went overboard with it.
Same travel times? I dunno that map looks smaller compared to the old borderland or the keeps are way too damn big. A big ole tree area to fight in the middle, fantastic, one of the things I really hate in the game is fighting in the trees, trees need to be like Wow 100ft tall so they're not obstructing the view.