Guild Wars 2

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Solo (not solo zerg surfing) will suck with any class. Until you get very, very good at the game.
Yeah solo roaming on most class is in a bad spot right now cause of stealth and condi. People used to complain about warrior's disengage ability but right now mesmer are completely on another level.

Thief with stealth is fine with me since they have to be glassy and to kill you quickly they have to take some risk. Mesmer currently out damage and out stealth thief by a big margin.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
welp, so much for "no trinity"
biggrin.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd be very careful. The elementalist looked like it would be a good healer, and... well, it wasn't.
Well yes, but if this is another water ele, it means the whole spec is terrible, which is something I hope they want to avoid.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
I loved this game at release, but once I hit 80 and realized what no holy trinity actually means in terms of gameplay I was like no thanks. I keep coming back trying really hard to like it, but I just keep feeling like I am playing it wrong. Everything feels so inconsequential. Heals are weak, dodge is very limited, buffs last for a few seconds, debuffs the same, counters last one or two seconds--and meanwhile a million things are coming at you so what's the point of trying to counter or cleanse or anything when one second later you will be in the same boat?

I'd be very careful. The elementalist looked like it would be a good healer, and... well, it wasn't.
It's the best healer the game has right now and sometimes those heals are desired in High end fractal groups. Ele's are part of the meta now for a couple of other reasons but those heals are situationally useful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's the best healer the game has right now and sometimes those heals are desired in High end fractal groups. Ele's are part of the meta now for a couple of other reasons but those heals are situationally useful.
Well the thing is Ele can bring the heals regardless since all it takes is dropping into water, popping a few water field spells then some aoe burst combo shit to get large amounts of healing done, then you can go back to fire to stack might and burning and whatever the fuck people do nowadays. Doing the Druid stuff seems like you'd be very limited in what else you can do, especially if you start stacking the support utilities and shit.

But eh I guess they tried raiding stuff without good healing and it didn't work so they went with that, combined with water elem, or something. I'm sure eventually you'll cut the healers if you're in a good group to maximize clear times, but I assume there will be a lot of "LF1M Full heal Druid" for initial runs of like, everything, since it seems it's trivialize a lot of the content.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I loved this game at release, but once I hit 80 and realized what no holy trinity actually means in terms of gameplay I was like no thanks. I keep coming back trying really hard to like it, but I just keep feeling like I am playing it wrong. Everything feels so inconsequential. Heals are weak, dodge is very limited, buffs last for a few seconds, debuffs the same, counters last one or two seconds--and meanwhile a million things are coming at you so what's the point of trying to counter or cleanse or anything when one second later you will be in the same boat?
Same, the gameplay just feels so patchwork and wrong with the design choices, it's not really anything new just a super awkward version of the same old. Some people seem to like it though

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

I'm the exact same way every time I play it. It just doesn't ever feel like I'm doing anything discernible in big fights.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Because you aren't. How many people are there ? 200 ? All of them do dps, so if you are average you do 0.5% of the HP bar over the whole fight, 1% if you account for the keyboard turners and afkers.

I'll wait and see what they do with thee HotS raids before judging them on their PvE design, but the bigger the boss, the less interesting the mechanics.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the thing is Ele can bring the heals regardless since all it takes is dropping into water, popping a few water field spells then some aoe burst combo shit to get large amounts of healing done, then you can go back to fire to stack might and burning and whatever the fuck people do nowadays. Doing the Druid stuff seems like you'd be very limited in what else you can do, especially if you start stacking the support utilities and shit.

But eh I guess they tried raiding stuff without good healing and it didn't work so they went with that, combined with water elem, or something. I'm sure eventually you'll cut the healers if you're in a good group to maximize clear times, but I assume there will be a lot of "LF1M Full heal Druid" for initial runs of like, everything, since it seems it's trivialize a lot of the content.
Something tells me that healing will be sought and not found way too often. It's not GW2 material in my opinion, I'm not exactly sure what they think they are going to add here. There is no tank, but they added a few "provoke" type abilities, there is no healer, except now there is one. So they added the trinity, but they can claim it's not required (so why anyone would play it?). The base game showed that all you wanted was max dps, reliable 25 stacks of might on the group and vulnerability on the target(s), perma-fury and occasionally a mesmer for portals and time warp. Healing/support was useless.
Fractals made it so that some healing can be useful, but the elementalist sacrifices pretty much nothing for doing that, the druid... I'm not sure, I guess it'll watch the pet doing dps for him? (I assume the pet will stay).