Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I am enjoying the game. The mount limitation is a bit frustrating but I got the raptor up to long jump now. I still want springer and the mount that goes over water. I have yet to do any kind of train/raid/group content. There really is a lot of content to do now. I also started another character with the new class. I could insta 80 it but I want to enjoy the climb and learn the various skills first. I do wish I could find a guild that did activities around the times I play but I need the mounts first..
I have collected so many Tomes of Knowledge I've been able boost a couple characters up to 80 just from those. I haven't had any trouble just jumping in and learning a new profession at 80. Also keep in mind that Elite Professions don't even open up until 80, so you still have to learn entirely new mechanics at 80 anyway.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about crafting? It seems pretty easy. Is there anything that helps a lot to have going to save gold? Is there anything specific to crafting that is more powerful than if I was not a crafter?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What about crafting? It seems pretty easy. Is there anything that helps a lot to have going to save gold? Is there anything specific to crafting that is more powerful than if I was not a crafter?
Use this when levelling crafting of any sort

Crafting is only really needed if you want Ascended Gear to do Fractals beyond T1

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Crafting is stupid easy in GW2. They should've just not had skill levels tbh.

I used these guides for weaponcrafting and tailoring.:

It skips a bunch of other subcombines. The only time it seemed to fail me was at the 450+ skill level, where it told me to buy a bunch of super expensive things when there were cheaper options availab.e

Skinner

Trakanon Raider

Just in time for the Chocobo Raptor mount they just released, which is one of the coolest mount skins they've ever released imo.

Pic not mine:
3iew2bib8uz51.png

Rest of this "content patch" today blows.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
November 26
  • Free Heroic Booster
* November 27
  • Free Build Template Expansion
November 28
  • 2 Free Black Lion Statuettes
November 29
  • 5 Free Transmutation Charges
November 30
  • Free Revive Orb
Free stuff in the BLTP starting Thanksgiving for one day only. The free build template expansion (worth 300 gems) on the 27th is worth logging in for even if you play very rarely. Just be aware that it's one free per account but it only unlocks one build template expansion on the character that purchases it so pick it up on your main or a character where you utilize different builds often.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I map completed Tangled Depths today. This has got to be one of the most obnoxious maps/zones in the history of video games.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Map is great. Complex and confusing and makes you work to figure it out. The problem lies in the difficulty tuning of the mobs. Chak goop is ridiculous.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Map is great. Complex and confusing and makes you work to figure it out. The problem lies in the difficulty tuning of the mobs. Chak goop is ridiculous.
It is a cool map, I grant you that, and fun to explore if you aren't trying to rush through it like I was. But I can't imagine how ArenaNet devs architecting that thing without losing their minds.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It is a cool map, I grant you that, and fun to explore if you aren't trying to rush through it like I was. But I can't imagine how AreaNet devs architecting that thing without losing their minds.
I think they were smoking some mad-genius crack when they designed it and VB. I understand why a lot of people have issues with them, but I see them as being the pinnacle of MMO map design. They're worthy of the tangled depths of a jungle theme. Labyrinthine, yet not difficult to navigate once you unlock the appropriate masteries and learn where things are. I loathe to use the "soulslike" trope, but they are kind of the Dark Souls of MMO maps. Frustrating and difficult but all the better for it.

Again, my only issue with the HoT maps are that the tuning is ridiculous, and I can't fathom how casual noobs survive them without just uninstalling the game. There are way too many things that will chunk half your HP, and they often come within a second of another one from another mob because it's really hard to not pull too much.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm noticing in quite a few events there will be a massive outlier for DPS on bosses where everyone generally focuses on one mob. In this case the Claw of Jormag:

1606411185403.png

Now I'm trying as hard as I can and am pretty happy to get 14k DPS, but how is it possible that in a raid full of people one guy is doing almost twice the DPS as #2? This might be a good fight for chronomancers or something since they are highly present in the top ten here. Is this guy doing something useless like AEing mobs or something? Or is he using some one-person-only method of dealing damage I don't know about?

I see this on a lot of fights, where there will be one or two people that are just dominating the damage meters. Are those meters untrustworthy or did I fuck up my configuration?

I find my DPS to be pretty consistent on any fight I don't screw up, so I'm just wondering how one dude gets up to 26k, leaving everyone else in the dust.

• 1WTF

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So I'm noticing in quite a few events there will be a massive outlier for DPS on bosses where everyone generally focuses on one mob. In this case the Claw of Jormag:

View attachment 320033
Now I'm trying as hard as I can and am pretty happy to get 14k DPS, but how is it possible that in a raid full of people one guy is doing almost twice the DPS as #2? This might be a good fight for chronomancers or something since they are highly present in the top ten here. Is this guy doing something useless like AEing mobs or something? Or is he using some one-person-only method of dealing damage I don't know about?

I see this on a lot of fights, where there will be one or two people that are just dominating the damage meters. Are those meters untrustworthy or did I fuck up my configuration?

I find my DPS to be pretty consistent on any fight I don't screw up, so I'm just wondering how one dude gets up to 26k, leaving everyone else in the dust.
Should be able to see exactly what the damage is coming from with the Arc UI. He could be reflecting something. I'm assuming that's the Drizzlewood version of Claw, so I don't know the fight well enough to know if there is some sort of device or map-specific mastery item that can be used, like something that is used in the meta.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Noticed the next story Chapter is available. Free if if you log in now. "The Icebrood Saga: Champions"

Think it's been up for a week or so, so probably only free for a few more days.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Noticed the next story Chapter is available. Free if if you log in now. "The Icebrood Saga: Champions"

Think it's been up for a week or so, so probably only free for a few more days.
Nah, it'll be up for free until the next story chapter, which in this case means that it'll be free for a long fucking time. They're doing something weird with this chapter where they're releasing it incrementally over the next five or six months (and still counting it as one chapter), and the next actual chapter of the story should be the expansion itself, which is probably coming out at some point in the the second half of 2021.

So yeah, lots of time to pick up the Champions episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Quick update for my Guild Wars 2 blog (this thread):

I've got my skyscale, roller beetle, griffon mounts and am now working on filling out my ascended gear, leveling my fractal level and started working on my first legendary, Aurora.

I'm a bit intimidated by all the shit you gotta do for a legendary, but I'm hoping that the specific achievements you need aren't tooooo bad and the random stuff you have to farm can be gotten without the game getting too monotonous. It looks like the biggest bitch is the 250 mystic coins + 77 mystic clovers you need, so I'm doing ley line anomally + wvw dailies as part my daily routine + the LW season 3 dailies. I'm hoping that by the time I get bored of doing wvw/ley line anomalies I've gotten through enough reward tracks to take out a big chunk of the coins/clovers, and the rest I can buy from just earning $$$ playing the game and seeing the content.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Don't forget to choose the legendary crafting materials option from the 30 day login loyalty reward for 7 clovers.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
What's the elementalist build you're using, Tuco? My progress through the story content has been super slow but I finished Living World season 3 and am trying to decide if i wanna try to switch to an elementalist or stick with the mesmer as I head into PoF. The Ele build I originally came across uses the same Ascended set as my mesmer build (Svaard's set), so if I decide to swap classes I can hopefully just move the gear over and only have to worry about the weapon.