Guild Wars 2

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
subjective
No. It is not subjective in the context of "of WAR quality". The fact that you even say that clearly demonstrates that you are trolling.

Everyone that is attempting to get a refund is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Buy into shitty games like WAR, AoC, etc, made by companies that truly deserve to get fucked over but for obvious reasons can't get a refund, but when a company truly deserves the money you fuck them over. No wonder companies that would actually be able to pull a good mmo off don't touch this genre with a 10ft poll, the community surrounding these games is a plague.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
This game is fucking terrible and I wish I could get my money back, I think I played it 4 hours after some bad advice from a friend.

Too bad I bought the box /facepalm

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
No. It is not subjective in the context of "of WAR quality". The fact that you even say that clearly demonstrates that you are trolling.

Everyone that is attempting to get a refund is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Buy into shitty games like WAR, AoC, etc, made by companies that truly deserve to get fucked over but for obvious reasons can't get a refund, but when a company truly deserves the money you fuck them over. No wonder companies that would actually be able to pull a good mmo off don't touch this genre with a 10ft poll, the community surrounding these games is a plague.
no, the problem with the industry are retards like you who white knight for a game that is complete and total shit. people are already bored to death and it's only been out a few months. the game is terrible. how is that the customer's fault?

Pops

The 60 bucks was money well spent. I have slowed my playtime, but can always comeback, unlike you charge back artists.

Fuckin' Obama.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Technically, I played WAR a lot longer than I played GW2, and enjoyed it a lot more while I was into it, mostly because of friends and dominating the server were were on. But it was a really bad game with no future. GW2 will probably be fucking amazing after the first expansion.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
This game is fucking terrible and I wish I could get my money back, I think I played it 4 hours after some bad advice from a friend.

Too bad I bought the box /facepalm
/facepalm indeed.

Exactly my point. A plague.

"Hmm, I'm going to purchase a pvp game that has been advertised as a pvp game, is made by a pvp oriented company and is a sequel to a pvp game, even though I hate pvp and am purchasing this game because I want to play a wow clone"

Hilarious how many people I see saying this on the main forums or in any youtube video about GW2. "I'd rather play wow" "wow has better dungeons" Just what the fuck were you guys thinking? Do you not do any research prior to a purchase? Are you the type of person that walks into a car dealership or bestbuy looking for a new tv and buy on impulse?

I can understand not enjoying the game because it's not enough like DAOC and that's what you were hoping (I'm in this boat) but it seems not to be the case for most people and they are just idiots. It's actually pretty dumb founding, I run around the game doing events, doing some wvw, or doing some dungeons and I think that this is just an amazing game, just as enjoyable to watch as it is to play, combat is top of the crowd, the world is dripping with detail, etc, and then I read posts like this and I am floored that you even call yourself an mmo player.

no, the problem with the industry are retards like you who white knight for a game that is complete and total shit. people are already bored to death and it's only been out a few months. the game is terrible. how is that the customer's fault?
Right. Total shit? You must be joking. That sounds better than MOP, most people were board within the first month. 3 for GW2? I'll take it. Thanks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If I played it and got a couple characters to max level I wouldn't have bothered. Unfortunately I got a single character to level 40 before I got bored of the game and haven't logged on in over a month. *Shrug*

Even if you're a PVP fanatic and love the way the game works, WvWvW was fucking garbage with tons of bugs and lag last I played. So much so that I never bothered doing it more than a few times.

Anemone_sl

shitlord

lol

Ames_sl

shitlord
If I played it and got a couple characters to max level I wouldn't have bothered. Unfortunately I got a single character to level 40 before I got bored of the game and haven't logged on in over a month. *Shrug*

Even if you're a PVP fanatic and love the way the game works, WvWvW was fucking garbage with tons of bugs and lag last I played. So much so that I never bothered doing it more than a few times.
You don't have 2 excuse and explain your actions to some pasty Arenanet fanboy. If you want to get your money back then fuck bitches and get money and just do it bro.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
This is a free money thread not a faggot Anet fanboy thread, so move along nerds.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still love GW2, think it's probably the best MMO to come out in half a decade, easily one of the most innovative, but I don't think Arenanet is so stupid that they wouldn't see people taking advantage of this. They put it out there, possibly to build some goodwill, so I can't really see any fault in people asking for refunds. I mean, you have to give Arenanet some credit for offering this when so many other MMOs start promoting a big patch right after people's free month runs out.

However, I do sort of wonder what this does to accounts. Like if someone asks for a refund now, but decides to come back when the next expansion comes out, does Arenanet give your characters back?

I find it odd that we judge how good an MMO is based on how long we play it for. To be honest, I think that's one of the worst things about MMO design. So much of it is based around stretching out things as long as possible to keep us paying to the point that fun sometimes comes secondary. GW2 is by no means perfect, but I'll be happy to start seeing MMOs move away from the idea that success is synonymous with how many people you have paying a monthly fee.

has been advertised as a pvp game,

"wow has better dungeons" Just what the fuck were you guys thinking? Do you not do any research prior to a purchase?
But the PVP is shit as well as the PVE... And if people did research it prior to purchase, they will have seen the hype that the game is the second coming with faaabulous dungeons and PVE content, they said it themselves, being able to change the world and all that shit. It was all lies.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
But the PVP is shit as well as the PVE... And if people did research it prior to purchase, they will have seen the hype that the game is the second coming with faaabulous dungeons and PVE content, they said it themselves, being able to change the world and all that shit. It was all lies.
Nah man, they delivered on being able to change the world with the last two events. Didn't you notice the LA statue and lighthouse were destroyed?!?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still play the game. I do not want to go back to WoW and I enjoy the fact that I save 14.95 a month and still enjoy my time. There are many games that deserve a refund(Honestly I would have done this in a heart beat with Diablo 3), but this is not one of them. They made a lot of mistakes, but they also got a lot of ideas right. I have just learned to adapt and accept the mistakes as they were, in the hopes that perhaps they might be corrected in the future.

As far as other players getting a refund, that is thier choice. I cannot tell a person what to do anymore out of game as I could in a game.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Brought the game played it for a week tops and not logged on since, might have to give this a go. Thanks for the info

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They should have put an hour cap to get a refund. So, if you played more than 50 hours or something, you can't get it back.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Played this game for a week, maybe two at the most; think I hit level 30 on my highest. Pretty sure I bought it from Gamefly or some shit though sadly, otherwise I'd be all over this.