Guitar Hero (PS4/Xbone)

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I always preferred GH to RB, mostly because I found the scrolling notes easier to read and because the controller felt better. GH peaked with World Tour, which was a fantastic game with excellent peripherals all around, but holy fuck was 5 a steaming pile of shit. It had "All Along The Watchtower"... but it was Bob Dylan's original. No offense, Dylan fans, but when something says "All Along The Watchtower" it had better be Hendrix.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let me know if they announced anything about doing a Rocksmith type thing to actually let you try to use it as a teaching tool - wife really wants to learn guitar again at some point. (And no, not me - my fingers will never be suited for doing chords)

Crone

Let me know if they announced anything about doing a Rocksmith type thing to actually let you try to use it as a teaching tool - wife really wants to learn guitar again at some point. (And no, not me - my fingers will never be suited for doing chords)
Why not get rocksmith 2014 right now? I feel they would do a better job of teaching than a gimmick added on to guitar hero or rockband.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So you want them to announced ... what exactly? Rocksmith 3?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rocksmith is really not that great as a teaching tool, especially because it keeps increasing difficulty as you are able to overcome it. It's not awful, but there are better teaching methodologies out there (and not just play scales for 5 years until you learn your first song ones either). Guitar is about repetition and building up consistency not piling shit on as fast as you can barely play it once or twice.

Tenks

If you approach the "teaching" as just playing a song in RS but there are plenty of tools built into the guitarcade that teach things slowly and at your own pace and progress is measured in steadily increasing your points

Vaclav

Why not get rocksmith 2014 right now? I feel they would do a better job of teaching than a gimmick added on to guitar hero or rockband.
I guess I should've clarified better - that works with acoustic - she doesn't want to learn on electric - and the conversion to make an acoustic work I never got responses from the Rocksmith team about my questions on. (which included ordering the part since it seemed unavailable)

Crone

Get an electric acoustic?
Wife did this, and it very well could of been the acoustic but the game had a very hard time noticing when she was playing. Like it was a weak signal or something. It basically was bad enough you couldn't play the game with it. As they say... YMMV!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Wait, what? Is that even a thing? I know jack shit about guitars. [and before any jokes - no, no guitarists in the family]
Yeah, it's a thing. I don't own one, but it will be my next purchase when I decide I need another guitar. Is your wife more worried about the sound, feel, or look when she says she wants an acoustic? I got a cheap acoustic Takamine for my first guitar a few years ago when I wasn't sure I'd stick it out, then got an Epiphone Les Paul Special-II last year when I got Rocksmith, so I can't vouch for an acoustic electric that works well with Rocksmith, but I'm sure there's info out there somewhere. As far as learning, it really doesn't matter what you're using. Sure it will sound different, but I can play country songs on my electric just as well as I can on my acoustic.

Tenks

They even have acoustic songs in RS. Obviously it just changes the sound of your guitar via some filters to make it sound acoustic. Not sure why she's hung up on acoustic vs electric. You can get cheap Rondo/Agile versions of each. And if she read somewhere on the internet it is better to start on acoustic then move to electric that is true for some and untrue for others. Both guitars come with their own set of challenges.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's a guitar thread in the music forum if you ever need any help with guitar stuff also! Some of us have been playing almost 20 years. Shit I sound so fucking old saying that

Tenks

I was doing some of the scalar challenges in RS2014 the other day and some are pretty fun. I like the beat-em-up scalar minigame.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rolling Stones, Green Day lead Guitar Hero Live setlist

Guitar Hero Live Initial Set List

The Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling"
Blitz Kids - "Sometimes"
Ed Sheeran - "Sing"
Fall Out Boy - "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)?
Gary Clark, Jr. - "Don't Owe You a Thang"
Green Day - "Nuclear Family"
The Killers - ?When You Were Young"
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey"
My Chemical Romance - "Na Na Na"
Pierce the Veil - "King for a Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)"
The Rolling Stones - "Paint it Black"
Skrillex - "Bangarang"
The War on Drugs - "Under the Pressure"
Black Veil Brides - "In The End"
Rage Against the Machine - "Guerrilla Radio"
Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law"
Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell"
Sleigh Bells - "Bitter Rivals"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey!"
Alter Bridge - "Cry of Achilles"
Alt-J - "Left Hand Free"
Broken Bells - "Leave It Alone"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground"
The Pretty Reckless - "Going to Hell"

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That set list is shitty.

I mean I only even like one song basically.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Cowboys from Hell is an amazing song. Higher Ground is a pretty good song. Breaking the law is a classic but a meh song. Overall not terribly impressed but not the worst set list of all time.