Guitar Hero (PS4/Xbone)

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's leaving Rockband a lot of room to come in and win the current gen on setlist alone.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
More songs...

Royal Blood - "Little Monster"
Marilyn Manson - "Disposable Teens"
Killswitch Engage - "In Due Time"
Marmozets - "Move Shake Hide"
Of Mice & Men - "Bones Exposed"
Deftones - "Diamond Eyes"
Vista Chino - "Sweet Remain"
Bring Me the Horizon - "Shadow Moses"
Mastodon - "High Road"
Trivium - "Strife"

I can't really say this set list is inspiring a lot of confidence so far, but whatever, it's still early. Activision is planning on releasing new songs on a weekly basis.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's leaving Rockband a lot of room to come in and win the current gen on setlist alone.
Does Guitar Hero Live allow any of the previous songs to be played? Rock Band does, so that gives RB4 immediate access to 2000 songs or something like that, and no reason to just release already released songs. I hope they do it up, as I always liked RB more than GH.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Guitar Hero Live allow any of the previous songs to be played? Rock Band does, so that gives RB4 immediate access to 2000 songs or something like that, and no reason to just release already released songs. I hope they do it up, as I always liked RB more than GH.
hah, of course not. It's a different console now, that means it's technically absolutely impossible and everything

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure they've said they aren't allowing customers to carry over DLC bought for previous games in Guitar Hero.

Guitar Hero Live skips backwards compatibility as it reboots series Eurogamer.net

Some owners of previous Guitar Hero games will be disappointed to hear that the songs and peripherals they already own do not work with Guitar Hero Live. This makes sense, when you consider the gameplay and guitar controller have been re-jigged. And let's remember that Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is five years old now. But given Rock Band 4 developer Harmonix is working to let players transfer their DLC over and use the old peripherals, Guitar Hero Live feels a tad stingy.

"It's not 2010 any more," Jackson said. "There are not many other games that let you use stuff you bought back then in their games now. The difference with this is, it's completely different gameplay. So, quite simply, the DLC you bought just won't work. The guitar is different. The way we've presented it is different.

"Guitar Hero Live is a completely new game. We wanted to make sure we gave you something new to learn and enjoy. It's got new gameplay. You're going to be starting with a new game, basically.

"Reboot's an interesting word, but I guess it is. It's a fresh start. It's been away for five years. We always said, when we come back, it needs to be something unique and new. If we'd just come back with the same gameplay and the same look and feel, no-one at Freestyle would have felt like we tried hard enough."

Djay

Trakanon Raider
For me, personally, that feature doesn't mean much since I had a 360 last gen and a PS4 this gen, so I'm screwed anyway...but I haven't been impressed at all with the songs announced for this so far. Plus I get to sing and play the drums in Rock Band, so...only thing this has going for it is the new first person mode which probably would get old/boring/annoying fast anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm in the same spot 360/Ps4, but it irks me that they are putting out old songs, already released for GH, onto GH Live, and expect that it's ok. F that. That's stupid.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
New songs:

Alice In Chains - "Stone"
Bullet For My Valentine - "Temper Temper"
Wolfmother - "Sundial"
Queen - "Tie Your Mother Down"
Weezer- "Buddy Holly"
Deap Vally - "Lies"
Angus & Julia Stone - "A Heartbreak"
Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Kathleen"
Neon Trees - "Everybody Talks"