Gun control

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He also could have decided not to do it if he didn't have easy access to a method to kill.

How fast do you think the school would have gone up in flames? It wasn't a fucking log cabin.
I'm not a killer are you? Can any of you really sit here and say he would not of went to great lengths to inflict as much damage as possible even without a gun? Let's not forget he preyed on the weak.. That's what makes this so evil.. So I find it very unlikely that he would of been deterred because of a lack of a firearm.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm not a killer are you? Can any of you really sit here and say he would not of went to great lengths to inflict as much damage as possible even without a gun? Let's not forget he preyed on the weak.. That's what makes this so evil.. So I find it very unlikely that he would of been deterred because of a lack of a firearm.
So then why doesn't this kind of shit happen with anywhere near the same regularity in every other developed country on the fucking planet as compared to the US? Because it simply doesn't.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Unless we are discussing a device that can go back in time and de-invent firearms, this is all irrelevant bullshit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, but I know that its simpler and quicker and more efficient to murder with a gun than it is to lock the doors and set a building that is made of concrete and brick on fire.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So then why doesn't this kind of shit happen with anywhere near the same regularity in every other developed country on the fucking planet as compared to the US? Because it simply doesn't.
It's a good question.. I think it has more to do with our culture than guns. I think blaming guns isn't going to get to the the real issues causing this crazy shit. There is more to it.. Be interesting to see what comes out in the next few days about this dude.

Oh and for the record. I could do without guns.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, but I know that its simpler and quicker and more efficient to murder with a gun than it is to lock the doors and set a building that is made of concrete and brick on fire.
Or he could throw cocktail bombs?? I mean seriously.. I get where you're going.. But you're highly underestimating someone who is set on mass murder..

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Not touching this gun debate, while I could see a few changes I don't believe it would make a difference. But seriously travel the world and you'll clearly see that the culture, people and way of life vary greatly. Personally I've seen a pretty marked difference in younger generations here in the US and if you look at the schools and what is going on there or know teachers then you'll see that we have a serious issue in the US. Plays a huge role in a lot of the problems we have here in the US and its just starting.

Fezziwig

Joviality incarnate
Sick fucks like this guy are going to find a way to kill no matter what the laws are.

Timothy Mcveigh killed 168 people and wounded 800 with a truck full of cow shit and some racing fuel. And did it in less time than any of these insane shooters.

Time and energy is better spent figuring out what new factors have entered the equation in the last few decades that have led to these incidents increasing, and try to tackle it from that perspective.

Diasy_Adair

Molten Core Raider
If you cant keep your guns out of the hands of lunatics then you need to step the fuck up and be resposible and get rid of the guns you legally own. that woman failed to do that. its not a matter of her legally buying guns, or possessing them. she wasnt mature and resposible with them while they were in her possession. if we gun owners cannot control our firearms, then they will do it for us. its that simple. Gun owners are fucking us out of our right to own guns. If all our energy yapping about gun control legislation and our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, fighting laws and lawyers, lobbiests and legislators...was spent securing the guns we legally own, there wouldnt be a problem. Gun crimes commited by criminals illegally owning and using firearms would stick out like a sore dick, and our children and mentally unstable masses wouldnt have access to guns to do stupid shit with. We're fucking ourselves.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
If you cant keep your guns out of the hands of lunatics then you need to step the fuck up and be resposible and get rid of the guns you legally own. that woman failed to do that. its not a matter of her legally buying guns, or possessing them. she wasnt mature and resposible with them while they were in her possession. if we gun owners cannot control our firearms, then they will do it for us. its that simple. Gun owners are fucking us out of our right to own guns. If all our energy yapping about gun control legislation and our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, fighting laws and lawyers, lobbiests and legislators...was spent securing the guns we legally own, there wouldnt be a problem. Gun crimes commited by criminals illegally owning and using firearms would stick out like a sore dick, and our children and mentally unstable masses wouldnt have access to guns to do stupid shit with. We're fucking ourselves.
As a rabid gun owner I fully agree with this

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Wow, so it took like 2 hours to drag this out of you so you could just prove me right anyways.
When I write: "I'm right about Madison and the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment" "I'm" = "I am" and refers to me. I know you're an idiot but "I" is the single simplest word in the English language.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_2960.png

This also happened yesterday. Can you spot the difference between the two incidents?

rrr_img_2960.png

rrr_img_2960.png

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Or he could throw cocktail bombs?? I mean seriously.. I get where you're going.. But you're highly underestimating someone who is set on mass murder..
But there is a certain extra level of effort that needs to be taken to make bombs that gives a person time to cool down and think through what they are doing and change their mind that picking up a gun doesn't, is the point trying to be made. Not all of these scenarios are people "set on mass murder" some are rather temporary episodes of "The Crazies" or extreme passion that lack of access or more difficult access to a firearm could defuse.

Anyways, I actually just popped in to ask what the definition of a "high capacity clip" is? What is the legal size limit on clips currently?

Flank_sl

shitlord
I know nothing about guns, although I think I once owned a super soaker. But I believe the legal limit on clip size in the US is 30 rounds.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_2960.png

This also happened yesterday. Can you spot the difference between the two incidents?
and this happen there too..
In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

rrr_img_2960.png

rrr_img_2960.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But there is a certain extra level of effort that needs to be taken to make bombs that gives a person time to cool down and think through what they are doing and change their mind that picking up a gun doesn't, is the point trying to be made. Not all of these scenarios are people "set on mass murder" some are rather temporary episodes of "The Crazies" or extreme passion that lack of access or more difficult access to a firearm could defuse.

Anyways, I actually just popped in to ask what the definition of a "high capacity clip" is? What is the legal size limit on clips currently?
He was mentally ill. How can anyone assume he will just "cool down." I'm sorry I'm just not buying it. I could do without guns but to assume that will change peoples nature is naive. We need to address our culture.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
My issues are more about the number and ease of getting guns, and especially handguns which allows for them to be used in situations like this.

It is a cultural thing. I wonder if this Belcher kid would have just simply 'smacked' his girlfriend and then after his rage calmed down apologized and went to anger management, if he didn't have a piece sitting there so easy to get to and so easy to use.

Likewise, if this kid didn't have access to these guns, then perhaps this tragedy in CT might have been avoided?

I realize we are not going to rid the streets of guns overnight, and that change takes time, but really in the age of tasers, cheap video cameras, and tons of law enforcement, do we really need so many of our people and especially very young people armed to the teeth?

Flank_sl

shitlord
In terms of killings, I do not think removing guns will do much harm. I know many Americans use the argument that guns allow them to defend themselves, but I do not believe that. Coming from a society where very few people have guns, and those are all just single shot rifles, I do not need a gun to be safe. If civilians do not have guns, then most criminals will not have guns either. This is because criminals do not want to risk 10 years in prison for armed robbery to commit a crime that would only get them 2 months if they are caught unarmed. Since they know that their civilian targets will be unarmed, they do not carry guns.

Removing guns would have a positive impact in reducing killings. It wont stop them all, as some crazy people will still find ways to kill people, but removal of guns will almost certainly help. I do not see how anyone can argue against this.

I am happy to believe that the right to bear arms trumps the reduction of murder, but when someone says that gun control will no prevent murder I just think they are using bullshit justifications because they do not want to admit that they would rather keep their guns than prevent people being murdered.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My issues are more about the number and ease of getting guns, and especially handguns which allows for them to be used in situations like this.

It is a cultural thing. I wonder if this Belcher kid would have just simply 'smacked' his girlfriend and then after his rage calmed down apologized and went to anger management, if he didn't have a piece sitting there so easy to get to and so easy to use.

Likewise, if this kid didn't have access to these guns, then perhaps this tragedy in CT might have been avoided?

I realize we are not going to rid the streets of guns overnight, and that change takes time, but really in the age of tasers, cheap video cameras, and tons of law enforcement, do we really need so many of our people and especially very young people armed to the teeth?
No I don't think we do. They certainly makes things easier to kill people that's for sure. Maybe banning guns is a start but we will still see acts of violence like this. Who knows how long this dude has been plotting to do something like this. His choice of weapon was just a gun. Just like Mcveigh used explosives, these are people that decided they wanted to kill and a gun law would not of stopped that. It just changed how they go about it.